Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
do YOUR parents have a problem with twilight? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

burstingballoon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:01 am
My parents don't care what I read. I guess they're just happy that I do read. I think I'm the only one who enjoys reading in my immediate family.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:47 pm
AHEM...
My parents?
Well...
They don't mind.
When I first got the book, my stepmom flipped through the book and read a passage.
She was very dramatic.
Either she really she didn't care, or she was trying to make fun of me big time...
T___T

J a c k W a l t e r s

Jack_sparrows_baby_girl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:12 pm
my parewnts think i gone vampire obsessed. i bought all the books but no i want to read vampire books. so my mom went to me and i was reading in the dark and shesiad to me "looks like i have a vampire instead ofa daughter" andshe rolled her eyes  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:12 am
yea my parents think i'm gonna go all loco and like go vampire crazy and start to believe they're real and blah blah blah... stare  

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cactus Attack!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:16 am
my parents dont have a problem with the books i read but i usually have to go with my dad to the bookstore and he will read the back and make fun of the romance parts. its freakin embarassing...but i still buy it anyways
mrgreen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:05 am
lol! yea i love the romance but a lot of people seem to think that edward and bella's relationship is based on sex. not really sex but like u know "he wants to get in her pants" is how someone put it but its not that.  

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Jack_sparrows_baby_girl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:17 pm
yeah. edwards not all about that. he jus loves her and he jus wants to protect her and all that.

yeah my mom thinks that im goin to belive the vamps are going to wlak the earth once again. BLAH BLAH BLAH  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:56 pm
My parents don't really care that I read Twilight and New Moon. My dad, if he ever notices I read, will probably start running around and making fun of vampires just to embarrass me. rolleyes He's weird like that. Then my mom doesn't care what I read, as long as I read. She normally threatens to take my books away if I get in trouble. eek

Silly thing is, I just got out of a school that banned Harry Potter for like ever. They stopped the banning for we had to read it! Mwuaha! So I ran around with my Twlight book in my arms all the time. Teachers would ask, "What's that book about?" I'd just grin and tell them Vampires.

3nodding They Freaked!  

ThorDaFox

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:29 pm
Hah, my parents are on the verge of taking my books away, because I've been running around calling it my "bible", and then condemning anyone who calls me an idiot for doing so. wink Also, just to freak them out, I was rummaging through my stuff, and then I suddenly screamed, "No!! I lost my Edward Cullen idol! Now what am I supposed to worship?" My mom FREAKED.

My brother sort of thinks I'm a loon, but he doesn't care about the fact that I give him play-by-plays of both of the books, over and over again. I also give him my theories, agian, he doesn't care, he just plays NFS and pretends to listen.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:11 pm
Ha. My parents care, but they don't say anything. My entire book case is fulled with vampire books. Now if only they would feel and do the same with my preferred black attire......  

bushy_haired_freak

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:27 pm
missbella14
My parents don't like it because it's about vampires. And according to my dad i should stop reading fiction and read something worth while because fiction book will ruin my IQ. and that i'm smart enough to know the difference between the use of fantasy in real life and the use of non fiction in real life stare ( ah blabidy blah blah blah........) Goodness it sucks because stephenie meyer is such a genius for writing twilight and new moon!!!!!!!

That's sort of stupid. I can see the value in reading some nonfiction books, but plenty of fantasy and fiction books are well-written and I think that is the important thing. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:25 am
My parents really don't care what I read. Actually I was going on and on about Twilight so my mom decided to read it. She loved it too.

Till_ (the) _End

Azarni Usagi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:17 pm
I actually have my mom to thank for my obsession. She bought the book for me for Christmas, I'd never heard of it before that. Then, we went to the Gaylord Opryland Hotel, the nicest hotel in NC, and for the first day and a half we were there I holed up in my room and read and re-read Twilight. The thing is, I don't think she'd have bought it for me if she knew EXACTLY what it was about. Someone recommended it to her for me so she bought it....I'm not sure if she's even read the back. I don't tell my parents what it's about, they'd FREAK. It's Vampires, for cryin' out loud, and my parents are Christians, so they're all like "Vampires are NOT real and they are EEEEVIIIL!" I, personally, LOVE Vampires.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:18 pm
My mom really couldn't care less what I read. ( I read so many books a month, she just can't keep up.) She read Twilight ( because I told her to) and she thought it was ok. (me: Ok?! Only Ok?!?! How about fantastic out of this world wonderful!!!!) heart

My step-mom wants me to start reading Classics. Problem is, I can't get into them. sweatdrop I think it's something about the style. I just can't read them. But she won't shut up about them. confused  

blurose93

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:38 pm
ThorDaFox
My parents don't really care that I read Twilight and New Moon. My dad, if he ever notices I read, will probably start running around and making fun of vampires just to embarrass me. rolleyes He's weird like that. Then my mom doesn't care what I read, as long as I read. She normally threatens to take my books away if I get in trouble. eek

Silly thing is, I just got out of a school that banned Harry Potter for like ever. They stopped the banning for we had to read it! Mwuaha! So I ran around with my Twlight book in my arms all the time. Teachers would ask, "What's that book about?" I'd just grin and tell them Vampires.

3nodding They Freaked!

lol! yea that does turn a bunch of peole off but its such an amazing series. and all i talk about is twilight so every time i start talking about it people like roll their eyes ar walk out of the room or something. lol!  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff