Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Gothic Urgings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have the chance to dress as you like?
  Yes
  No
  Sometimes, but not as often as I would like
View Results

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:35 pm
I like wearing my jeans and a T-shirt...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:32 pm
I work in fast food and i live in a small town so i rarely get to dress how i like but when im out with friends and my brother (all who are not goth) i like to totally "goth out" makeup, hair the whole nine yards (sometimes even a straight jacket). I also dress goth when i go to concerts and whatnot (mostly local bands). Oh and my favorite place to walk around gothed out is Wall Mart.... oh the reactions!  

goblin_ninja

Magical_Punk_Fairaay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:24 am
I have a ******** up family who wont let me  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:09 am
I completely lucked out. My boyfriend loves that I'm Goth and lets me play the housewife role. I don't have to look acceptable, besides when I have to be around his parents.  

Rainbow Shrapnel

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:17 am
DarkPrincesa
I am 23 and fairly involved in the "Normal" world (i.e. I work in a professional setting... no "goth" allowed) and often find myself longing to dress totally out. I always incorporate my styles into whatever I wear, so my work clothes tend to reflect some of my gothic style, but all in all I have very few chances to really dress as I would like. I even find my weekend wear tends to stick with a fairy T-shirt (usually from hot topic... love my fairy's) and pants. I dont even really own a lot of the clothes I would love to, because of the expense x lack of wear. (i have started sewing to remedy this... but still stuck with prepared patterns)

Does anyone else face this dilemma? How do other guild members deal with it? I usually have once a year (dragon*con) where I can dress however I want, and I always take full advantage, but then again I find myself lacking the clothes I want... I even find myself using Halloween as an excuse to dress as I would love to every day of the year, thus in my mind almost making a mockery of myself and my true desires.

Now I know one doesn't need to dress goth to be goth according to some, and according to others that is goth... but thats not the issue I mean to bring up here. I mean to find out how others deal with their desire to dress non conventionally.

I wear alot of my gothic clothing every day, but during the day's I have to work.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:59 am
DarkPrincesa
I am 23 and fairly involved in the "Normal" world (i.e. I work in a professional setting... no "goth" allowed) and often find myself longing to dress totally out. I always incorporate my styles into whatever I wear, so my work clothes tend to reflect some of my gothic style, but all in all I have very few chances to really dress as I would like. I even find my weekend wear tends to stick with a fairy T-shirt (usually from hot topic... love my fairy's) and pants. I dont even really own a lot of the clothes I would love to, because of the expense x lack of wear. (i have started sewing to remedy this... but still stuck with prepared patterns)

Does anyone else face this dilemma? How do other guild members deal with it? I usually have once a year (dragon*con) where I can dress however I want, and I always take full advantage, but then again I find myself lacking the clothes I want... I even find myself using Halloween as an excuse to dress as I would love to every day of the year, thus in my mind almost making a mockery of myself and my true desires.

Now I know one doesn't need to dress goth to be goth according to some, and according to others that is goth... but thats not the issue I mean to bring up here. I mean to find out how others deal with their desire to dress non conventionally.
well for me I keep it a bit low. still lookinjg tough despite I cant wear full bolwn cyber goth. Piture here  

Hunter of the Dammed

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:49 am
i can relate, the only time i can really let loose is at school, but then i can't really because of new dress code restictions on chains.
i made this jacket, its a jacket w/ Gir from invader zim on it, i got it from hot topic. i lined the sleeves w/ safety pins.
well, ever since i did that, i caught hell from some of my peers, but i don't care.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:10 am
I get away with wearing some weird stuff during the school year cause I'm an art student but at home It takes alot of sneaking around to get out of the house with parasols and chunky boots (my mom refers to them as the "kinky nazi halloween shoes")  

Chansung

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:46 pm
I can't wear all the things I want to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:58 pm
When you attend a ghetto school..Wearing 'Goth' Material tends to stick out BIG TIME. But sometimes I get my loving chance but not a whole deck out..

Myzaree_Mistress

dakjdsancics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:12 pm
that's a bummer mad  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:29 pm
i hardly ever get a chance to. See i come from a jamaican family, who thinks that when people dress all goithic, they are insaine. But i do sometimes go all out. I usually goth it up big time when i go out to goth clubs like once a year.  

xGlitteR-n-GunZx

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:08 pm
I don't really have an urge either, but there are times I want to get types of clothing by it's style and dress as that, but that would be just for fun, most of the time I dress casual, I never could afford the expensive clothing and really after my freshmen year I didn't care as much anymore, because my looks were stressing my out. I don't dress heavy goth, I mostly look normal. If there is clothing I do like though, I try to make it, like elegant corsets, or Victorian tops. I've been having a big interest in that type of clothing lately...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:21 pm
because i feel clothes don't make the man, i really don't have that problem. but when i do feel the rare urge, i have a very nice black suit with silver accents and cutom jewlery to accent the dark feeling mrgreen  

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Black_Holes_Lash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:12 am
i'm in school still, but as long as i wear pants i think i'm fine to wear what i please.
work is a little different, i don't care that i have to wear a uniform, but they used to be lax about my piercings, now they're a little a**l... i dont know about my hair, cause i want a weird color or something...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff