Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:20 pm
steak.... very bloody steak!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:47 pm
I know there's alot of desserts suggested already, but I'd like to suggest a red velvet cake.
Very pretty, and insanely tasty.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

-Isel-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:04 pm
Miss Murder Puget
-Isel-
Spikeband
Blood.

As long as everybody is drinknig their own though. I could never drink other peoples blood. Something about it.

Something about the HIV, right?

Hehe, yeah. I'm trying to avoid any real blood drinking, we've got impressionable minors and I dont want parents coming up to me, trying to sue me. >> This is a pretty religious place.

Besides, impressionable minors never tasted that good.

Their necks tend to be salty.

I wouldn't know that about girls, but it seems to hold true for the male population of impressionable minors.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:41 pm
How about squid ink pasta, with some tomato sauce, and meat chunks? (mushrooms for the vegetarians)

If you don't know about squid ink pasta, it's basically pasta, with squid ink on it. It tastes even better than normal pasta, is better for you, and is black, with nothing artificial.

I forgot the name of it, but there's also a kind of pie, where you bake in live blackbirds, with their heads sticking out... it's a medieval thing... (it might be a bit gruesome, though....)

Blackberry pie, with cherry's and strawberries is also a good, healthier dessert.  

Bloody Loon

nikia kitty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:44 pm
I'm not sure how these would rank on a gothy scale but ...

~ warm chocolate brownies with melted vinilla ice ceram and random sauces on top is always good.

~ the swirly pasta noodles with red meat sauce smothered on top, or a sauce with differet kinds of vegetables

~ a compeletly red fruit, fruit salad (apples, watermellon, strawbrries, raspberries, cheries, pomegranates, grapes)

~ rice and sweet sauce

~ homemade sweet and sour sauce with ketchup, pineapple, sugar, and a few spices is really good

~ ribs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:28 pm
Gimme your e-mail... Every year me and me grams make a "halloween feast" Including MASS creepy undead-ey stuff you would LOVE for your particular venture, gimme your e-mail, and I can send you some of the recipes.  

Snows Wyntre

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:35 pm
As a vegan, I'm not sure if I can think of any 'vampy' entrees I eay, but for desserts, I have numerous suggustions...

-Strawberried dipped in dark chocolate. Color-wise, it fits the theme well, and is very yummy as well.

-Fresh cherries. When you bite into them, the juice looks like blood. (Ever wonder where the term 'popping the cherry' came from?)

-I second the red velvet cake idea! =)

-Batty Cookies. I used to make sugar and gingerbread cookies shaped like bats all the time, until my mom cleaned out the cabinets and threw out my batty-chan cookie cutter... anyways, bat cookie cutters can probably be found at your local party or arts and cfarts store.

-A gingerbread coffin (like the Rasputina song!). Maybe even put an old doll into it. "I'll lay her down in her gingerbread coffin. She's so pretty all laid out in white..."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:15 pm
Red Velvet Cake is the gothest of cakes.

And there's nothing more sinister than a nice blue rare steak.

User Image

MortSanglant

Katanas Blade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:27 am
A rice ball and/or noodles in tomato soup makes for rather good 'organs'.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:38 am
"Blood Tea". It's basically any kind of warm tea with red food coloring, but I find Green, Jasmine, and Ginseng tea work best.

Oh, and "Blood pops", red Popsicles for the summer with blue strings of gummie-something in them to look like blood veins.  

Sorinchako

absinthemourning

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:18 pm
I think the dishes mentioned so far are FREAKIN EXCELLENT! (especially the squid ink pasta...yum!)
One thing I have not seen though is the mention of raspberries.
They actually STAIN bright red and are a nice alternative if you have someone (and I speak from personal experience) who is allergic to strawberries.

A great (and easy) appetizer idea is a Raspberry-Brie Bite.
You only need a tiny slice of the brie in the bottom of a mini phyllo shell. Then you crush the raspberries, put them on top and bake. It is fabulous!
If you add just a little of the left over raspberry juice to garnish, it will give the illusion of a flesh wound wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:26 pm
I forgot to mention, Blood Oranges are in season!!!! Right Now!!
If you have a market that sells them, buy them!
They are excellent in an asian salad, in beef and pork dishes (or in sauces) and ....just juiced!
Blood oranges look just like regular oranges on the outside and you pick them like you would pick any orange. (They should be very fragrant and a good weight for their size)  

absinthemourning

kittysuccubus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:57 pm
Dessert: Vanilla Ice Cream with Strawberry sauce on top (make sure theres no chunks of strawberry, or strawberry seeds or it'll be a dead giveaway!) and add a drop of dark red food dye into the strawberry sauce.

Appetizer:Blood.... yum. Wait no you said no actual blood. O.o Okay hmm... fingers with a thinned down ketchup. Not actual fingers of course, but chicken sticks, potatoe sticks, etc. Whatever you want. And then use whatever your imagination can find you for the nail.

Another Dessert: Chunk up Strawberrys and Watermelon into a bowl, make sure ALL of the liquids get into the bowl. Get a jar of cherries w/ syrup. Pour the syrup into the bowl of chunks. It should look like Fruit a la Blood.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:46 pm
Wow, I was JUST thinking about making a thread about if we really need Gothic food. I remember reading a book that suggested things such as black noodles and such, and I wondered if we really are so different that we need to have our own food. I know yours is for fun, very different from what I'm talking about, but still a pretty odd coincidence o.O;  

DioRte

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:36 pm
Sorinchako
"Blood Tea". It's basically any kind of warm tea with red food coloring, but I find Green, Jasmine, and Ginseng tea work best.

Oh, and "Blood pops", red Popsicles for the summer with blue strings of gummie-something in them to look like blood veins.

Some teas, such as certain cherry or cranberry herbal teas, actually turn out blood-colored if brewed for a long enough period of time. heart  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff