Shikkyaku Tenshi
Lady Detarra
Shikkyaku Tenshi
MortSanglant
Hanging out at the mall...

...is really lame.

[Especially in ridiculous "goth" garb]

User Image

Well if you don't like it you didn't have to read it!

I'm sorry but I have to agree with MortSanglant. I've worked at the mall before and can't stand seeing people try to look "uber-goth" just to get attention. If you dress like that all of the time then go you but don't over do it just to freak people out. It really doesn't help our already bad reputation.
You know i don't give a damn what anyone thinks eff reputations...

QFT

(Quoted For Truth, for those that don't know.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm
I use our mall solely for arcadey and snacky purposes. Malls irk me.

I got yelled at (and kicked off stare ) for using the DDR machine while wearing 3-inch stompy heels.

And I didn't even get my 3 tokens back.
crying  

Vexworth

The Dadalorian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:55 pm
mall goths are lame  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:20 pm
Soda Ex Machina

I got yelled at (and kicked off stare ) for using the DDR machine while wearing 3-inch stompy heels.

crying

I got compliments before for playing DDR without stomping in five inch thin(but not stiletto) heeled boots.

The guy there was like "HOW IN THE HELL ARE YOU PLAYING ON HEAVY MODE IN THOSE THINGS?!?!?!"

The people at the arcade at the ghetto mall 5 minutes away from me love my wardrobe. heart

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Soviet_Viking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:53 pm
Soda Ex Machina

crying

Oy vey. We'd never do that to anybody at ours. Actually, we have some of the biggest dudes come play and they're the best players we got, and our machine still survives. whee We're too busy worrying about people beating the hell out of our punching machine and putting Filipino coins into our golden dollar games to worry about DDR XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:46 am
Shikkyaku Tenshi
Lady Detarra
Shikkyaku Tenshi
MortSanglant

...is really lame.

User Image

I'm sorry but I have to agree with MortSanglant. I've worked at the mall before and can't stand seeing people try to look "uber-goth" just to get attention. If you dress like that all of the time then go you but don't over do it just to freak people out. It really doesn't help our already bad reputation.

Thanks, Detarra.

And, Shikkyaku, I don't care what peope think either, but I'm not about to be an immature a** to prove it.

The point of my post was to point out that essence, albeit in somewhat of a cryptic manner.

User Image

MortSanglant

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:24 am
MortSanglant
Shikkyaku Tenshi
Lady Detarra
Shikkyaku Tenshi
MortSanglant

...is really lame.

User Image

Thanks, Detarra.

And, Shikkyaku, I don't care what peope think either, but I'm not about to be an immature a** to prove it.

The point of my post was to point out that essence, albeit in somewhat of a cryptic manner.

User Image

...though, I'd like to interject (as contrary as it may be to most people's beliefs) that "what other people think" DOES matter, whether or not you care about it.

You could be the hardest worker in the world, but if your boss thinks you're a slacker, you'll get fired. You could be incredibly professional, but if you show up to a job interview in a greasy t-shirt and bondage pants, you won't get hired because the employer will think you don't care about the job.

What other people think of us, unfortunately, can have as much affect on our lives as our own choices.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:30 am
GilAskan
MortSanglant
Shikkyaku Tenshi
Lady Detarra
Shikkyaku Tenshi
MortSanglant

...is really lame.

User Image

Thanks, Detarra.

User Image

...though, I'd like to interject (as contrary as it may be to most people's beliefs) that "what other people think" DOES matter, whether or not you care about it.

You could be the hardest worker in the world, but if your boss thinks you're a slacker, you'll get fired. You could be incredibly professional, but if you show up to a job interview in a greasy t-shirt and bondage pants, you won't get hired because the employer will think you don't care about the job.

What other people think of us, unfortunately, can have as much affect on our lives as our own choices.

3nodding

User Image

MortSanglant

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:42 pm
he and my friends all get dressed up an meet in the food courct on friday.i love it when adults stare at you and little kids want to play with your chains,XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:09 pm
I generally don't go to malls.

However, today I was dragged to the mall by friends.

I dislike malls, because the only stores I actually don't mind going to are the book store and Claire's (they have great jewellery! ^_^), and the people there seem to be more rude than people out on the street or in the local shops. On the street I get a few stares every now and then, but malls seem so much more hostile.

They're cold, and lack personality and individuality as well. I would much rather vist my local antique book store, or check out independently-owned clothing shops, than visit a mall. Local shops usually have friendlier staff (since the owners usually run the shops and are nice to thier customers so that the customers will return), and carry things that not every other person on the street will have.  

DreamerSpirit

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:04 am
MortSanglant
GilAskan
MortSanglant
Shikkyaku Tenshi
Lady Detarra

Thanks, Detarra.

User Image

3nodding

User Image

Very well put GilAskan  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:22 pm
Well one time i gothed out and went to the mall and i took a deck of cards with me...... well i started trying to find people to do tricks to and well they wouldnt stop. I finally found this woman that would watch a magic trick..... well after i was done she said that i was the devil becuase she was so freaked out by the trick lol  

goblin_ninja

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:09 am
I was at the mall with my friend the other day, since he had of work and will be gone the next month, we figured it'd be fun.

I wore my normal clothes, he wore his.
(His being Amercian Eagle, mine being random clean s**t I found)

Our mall is tiny.
The employees at the book store and music store know me. It's nice.
And I got to special order a Bauhaus CD and buy a manga.

No one was scared, people had fun, I smiled at a little girl who waved to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:42 am
I've never really gone overboard with the whole gothic garb thing. i can't afford the really cool stuff, like vitorian gear and cyber gear and stuff. an online friend of mine is going to make me a pirate shirt sometime soon though, and i'm going to make myself a celtic style sleeveless tunic, probably in black and red argyle, and I do hang out at the mall. not really to be there either, seeign as most of the stores in this city are s**t. I like downtown better because theres actually some cool places to shop, but fashion here is more for emo kids and gangsta rappers, so the main part of the city holds little to null for anyone with a brain. It's just a place to hang out and be air conditioned.  

DR490N

Rose Patterned Twil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:59 am
I don't like malls, the lights are bright, and people scare me, so for me it's like a hundred yard dash to the bookstore where I crouch between shelves for a moment and chat with the bookstore workers (there's this lovely new boy there ninja ) then buy thee books and run to Bath and Body works for some aroma theraphy, then home u__u  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff