Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
I feel bad for Rei... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Kiss of Starlight

Sparkly Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:16 pm
Since I'm the only other person to post besides Coffin-chan let me add into this...

I, personally was referring to the anime not the manga though in all actuality it is kind of hard to get an accurate picture of sm without having a decent knowledge of both the anime and the manga as they kind of intertwine in my opinion. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:22 pm
May I just say that Rei and Mamoru were NEVER boyfriend and girlfriend, even in the anime. Mamoru let her hang on his arm because he felt like being nice, and Rei admits to Usagi that she knew he didn't really care about her and enjoyed just practicing to get a real boyfriend one day. Keep in mind, also, that the anime had Rei fall in love with Yuuchiro (Chad) eventually, who they invented specifically to tie the loose end of the triangle they had created for their telling of the story.  

Syndrama

Missbunniswan

8,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:06 am
Yeah that must suck for Rei. (You wonder why she's always so mean to Usagi huh?) But as you go through the series she seems to be nicer to Usagi. So I guess that means she starts to not care as much. But yeah I would be mad if it wasalways Sailor Moon who got credit, and never the senshi.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:32 am
ture on that one. I mean the scouts died trying to protect the moon princess in the first two seasons. For the rest of the seasons they would either get caught by the main villian/villianess and they end up giving their powers to Sailor Moon to either transform into super uniform or eternal uniform. But in the end they should at least get more credit for helping save the world.  

hacker01jimmy

zombiemoof

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:36 am
~Alechsa~
May I just say that Rei and Mamoru were NEVER boyfriend and girlfriend, even in the anime. Mamoru let her hang on his arm because he felt like being nice, and Rei admits to Usagi that she knew he didn't really care about her and enjoyed just practicing to get a real boyfriend one day. Keep in mind, also, that the anime had Rei fall in love with Yuuchiro (Chad) eventually, who they invented specifically to tie the loose end of the triangle they had created for their telling of the story.

BUT, in the Japanese version when Andy was talking
about Reika and how middle schoolers are too young,
Mamoru thought about Rei and got embarassed..
How do you explain that?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:37 pm
I love Usagi! But, yes, I will admit that it does annoy me on more than one level that she always seems to get her way just for being Sailor Moon. But she's also the Moon Princess, so you can see why... Still though, I felt bad for Rei too when she gave him up, but at least it shows what a great friend she is!  

Mystifying Social Disease

A Kiss of Starlight

Sparkly Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:06 pm
On the whole credit thing...

I don't think the senshi really care.

I mean if the only reason you're saving the world is to get famous.... Than you're in the wrong business! You save the world for the sake of saving the world not to see your alter ego in the paper!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:48 pm
I'm a huge fane of Sailor Mars heart and I honestly believes she has it bad, but all the other scouts faces problems far more worse depending on how you look at it.

Makoto lost her parents when she was little, while Rei stills has a father (although he's not much of a dad stare ) and she has her Grandfather. Ami doesn't know her dad that well, but she has a mother that she loves dearly. It's kinda hard to say whose has it worse, but...

In terms of a normal life, Usagi loses hand down. If it wasn't for the fact that she was Sailor Moon, then she would be classified as a happy normal teen, something you can't say for the others. But, if you look at it in terms of being a Senshi, then they're all boned.

Sailor Moon has to constantly worry about her friends throwing their life away for her while it always falls on her to deal the finishing blow. And the senshis have to put lives on hold to see to it that their Princess is safe...it's a lose lose situation for all.

But I do honestly believes Sailor Moon gets the better half of the stick, i mean the show is about the one named sailor moon! That's why Rei and the rest of the senshi have fans to overplay their role and give them the recognization that they deserve. biggrin

XxLethal-SirenxX

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:11 am
[.x.MissyCoffin.x.]
BUT, in the Japanese version when Andy was talking
about Reika and how middle schoolers are too young,
Mamoru thought about Rei and got embarassed..
How do you explain that?

That could be any number of things. It could be embarrassment along the lines of "Holy s**t, what if they saw/see me with her and think I'm a *****?" It could be mortification; something like "I can't believe I let that little kid hang on me!" Which, of course, goes back to embarrassment. A blush doesn't have to be indicative of like/love/romantic interest, although it is used that way in anime often.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:51 am
I know how you feel because I'm tired with serena's cry baby ways especially when it comes to when she is up against a bad guy. She seems like she cant fight by herself or that she always needs to be rescued by tuxedo mask all the time which I think is really weird. I always wished that she would be able to fight her own battles or at least help her friends out besides throwing her tiara or using the crystal even though I guess she needs the crystal. But then my friend told me that she is mostly on the defense when it comes to the battles which I guess makes some sense. I know this might sound weird but I love watching magical girl series where girls can fight their own battles and where they dont need help from a guy all the time like in Wedding Peach. No offense to anyone who likes Sailor Moon  

Moonlight_Shadow12

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:31 pm
I know it is rather annoying that she dosen't help out in battles. But I think that it may arranged that way to give the other scouts a chance to show their powers. And the fact that she waits for Tuxedo Mask to show up is soooo annoying to a fault. Like if you have super natural powers, whether born with or given, you should like totally use them. That would also make the show a little more interesting. Especially if Sailor Moon told Tuxedo Mask to back off in a battle while she stepped up to fight.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:07 pm
My humble points on the matter:

Rei just had a fancy for Darien I think because he was mysterious and appealing to her. She never really fell in love with him and she didn't exactly give him up. She more or less broke up with him because the whole thing wasn't working out, the fact that she knew about their destiny was just at the same time and it was rather conveinient for making people think, "Oh! How cruel she has to give up her true love for her best friend!"

Serena is an incredible crybabay but I'm not annoyed. Because through all her childish fits and temper tantrums she always came through in the end. I admire that.

*strolls out*

Also Chibi-chan no one is bashing you. Just because we don't agree does not mean we are bashing.  

candycanecutie14

BlueFlameSky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:19 pm
~Alechsa~

It's true, Rie and Mamoru were never actually in a serious relationship. I totally agree with you. Besides she met Chad, so it's all good.  
chadny rolled 20 100-sided dice: 2, 1, 67, 21, 88, 79, 44, 49, 30, 39, 97, 51, 91, 84, 62, 54, 65, 82, 77, 96 Total: 1179 (20-2000)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:41 am
i don't know why are u soooo against bunny .. after all she's the one who sacrifice herself to save the world ...... i can't see rei doing it ... sometimes she's really sellfish ... ninja  

chadny

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:02 am
Wicked Chibiusa
I mean because of the whole "destiny" she
gave up her boyfriend for Bunnys sake...
well do you know what I'm sick of Bunny
and her big headed cry-babyness...

Does anyone else feel bad for Rei or
are very annoyed by Bunny???

(edit) Also I hate that Bunny gets everything
just because she's Sailor Moon

Yeah, but the funny thing is that she didn't have to do that...  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff