Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Finally, somone on Quizilla gets it... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cherished Strawberries

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:08 pm
Hay! I'm a Master of the English language. That makes me happy. Not bad for a fourteen-year-old, if I do say so myself. Well, that quiz managed to inflate my ego three-fold. Normally I wouldn't care, but for some reason I do.

Help my kitty rule the world! (Look in signature.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:06 pm
I got Master of the English language..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You are a MASTER of the English language!

Huzzah. While your English is not exactly perfect, you are still more grammatically correct than just about every American. Others admire the way you speak and could learn a lot from listening to you. Still, there is always room for improvement...

Take this quiz!

That's shocking, seeing as the only real English lessons I got in high school were during my senior year.  

Winter Nightroad

Newbie Entrepreneur

Bug Q Dlestra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:33 pm
Huh, I got "Master". It's true that some of the questions have subjective choices, particularly #16. British English allows punctuation to be placed inside or outside of quotation marks, however it makes syntactic sense. I had become accustomed to this habit, which may be at fault for my less-than-perfect score.

I'm glad to see some of Quizilla's old brightness again, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:36 pm
I am a 'Master of the English Language'

Not bad. It was a tricky test, though.  

Present Uncertainty

Shikaeii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:33 am
I got a Bastardization! sad I was expecting an average score...
When I took it again, I received a student! smile That makes me happy enough, since English IS my second language...
And I did also join this guild because I wanted to improve on my English... one of the reasons to be exact xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:54 pm
FINALLY. I'm so sick of all the quizzes that say, "Are u hott lolollll" and such. It's a relief to see someone on Quizilla gets it.  

HERO Lissuh

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:07 am
They're pretty much all the same, yes. That's why I never go on there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:33 pm
I love quizilla, although some of the short storys pain me to read. there should be "" around things that are said.  

cheapxtrick

Snorlax says NO

Bashful Feeder

20,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:41 pm
I am a "Grammar God." mrgreen
Kind of surprising for me to achieve, seeing as I'm not the greatest in these types of quizzes. I'll have to check this out again in the morning and see what I get then, though it seemed quite easy to me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:57 pm
ebandy
FINALLY. I'm so sick of all the quizzes that say, "Are u hott lolollll" and such. It's a relief to see someone on Quizilla gets it.

Yeah, there's WAY too many of those. I have an account and a couple real quizzes on Quizilla--results of a couple of boring afternoons!!

My username on there is mistwriter if anyone wants to check it out!!

And that quiz is sweet!  

Marael

Quotable Conversationalist

8,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Snorlax says NO

Bashful Feeder

20,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:31 am
XBelievingxisxLyingX
I am a "Grammar God." mrgreen
Kind of surprising for me to achieve, seeing as I'm not the greatest in these types of quizzes. I'll have to check this out again in the morning and see what I get then, though it seemed quite easy to me. sweatdrop

There is definetly something up with this quiz. I got that answer last night around 11. I took it again this morning and I got "Master of English Language." I even put down the same exact answers.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You are a GRAMMAR GOD!

Congratulations! If your mission in life is not already to preserve the English tongue, it should be. You can smell a grammatical inaccuracy from fifty yards. Your speech is revered by the underlings, though some may blaspheme and call you a snob. They're just jealous. Go out there and change the world.

Take this quiz!

Quizilla]http://www.quizilla.com/redirect.php?statsid=18&url=http://www.quizilla.com/]Quizilla | Join | Make a Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

Not bad for a thirteen year old, if I do say so myself.  

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Momoko Wakaba

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:30 pm
I have given up on Quizilla!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:07 pm
But the love you never had is etched in stone forever,
Reminding you of what might have been...

I got Grammar God too. I think I got some wrong though.

The love you never had stays with you like a shadow:
So close, but when you reach, there's no one there...
-Erik, The Phantom of the Opera, Tom Alonso

Elanchana

Kali Eyad

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:04 pm
I had "Grammar God" as my result. I wasn't all that certain I was doing well on some of them. I did better than I was expecting, actually.

Also, the bit in the Grammar God description about being called a snob is kind of true. I can't remember the phrasing someone else used in describing my typing, but the person basically said I am pompous. Which is wrong! I just sound like I am.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff