Reply ~ Main Forum ~
training of a goth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soviet_Viking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:11 am
As I work at the island's main mall, I try to "adopt" the younger teens I see just starting off, and steer them in the right direction, so to speak, or at least ensure they stay out of trouble.

Of course, there are token mallgoths who are just too self-absorbed in their "HRDK0RENESS" to be of any worth or rational thinking (Such as the lad we've affectionately dubbed "Cockpants"). A more common problem is when some of the damn kids manage to get themselves reprimanded or outright banned for either actually being stupid or getting on the bad side of security guards who are a little more friggin' gung-ho than they should be.

It's gotten to the point where, the security I'm cool with tells me to control my "children". XD Hell, anytime one of the kids runs away (a common problem as of late), the damn parents/authorities come ask me if I know anything. o.O  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:16 am
eh, I dont train anyone. But I do have this one gir who's lately acting and dressing like me. @.@ But her wardrobe is way different since I combine my old clothes into something unique. <3  

Hells Angel

Chansung

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:32 pm
At one point I WAS the copycat child... I guess I still am in some ways but by now I have just enough influences to feign some sort of originality. If you like something don't settle for borrowing it, steal it and make it your own.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:11 pm
i have a few kids that r trying to be goth but they dont know half of wat to do.... so my little girl teaches them blaugh  

Paul leonin

DioRte

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:33 pm
Damn, I have a cousin who tries so hard to be gothic ><; He's a year older than I am, too ;>> His idea of being a goth is shopping at Hot Topic and listening to Slipknot -_-; He does that when he's around me, but when he isn't around me, he blasts 50 Cent and wtfever other rap s**t that he listens to. It's so damn embarrassing crying He's like a wigger who tries to be a goth ><;  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:48 pm
DioRte
Damn, I have a cousin who tries so hard to be gothic ><; He's a year older than I am, too ;>> His idea of being a goth is shopping at Hot Topic and listening to Slipknot -_-; He does that when he's around me, but when he isn't around me, he blasts 50 Cent and wtfever other rap s**t that he listens to. It's so damn embarrassing crying He's like a wigger who tries to be a goth ><;

Yikes, two stereotyped teens in one body D:  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:14 pm
sashomeru78
This little girl likes to hang out with me and my girlfriend,when we first met her she asked if we where vampires,i said yes and she liked to hang out with us every now and then.we got her from wearing pink dresses to asking her mom to buy her black jeans and black or red or pink shirts.one day she came to school with a little chain from the bathtub (you know the little chain on the plug)it was so funny and cute.

anyone else have siblings or little friends they try to make goth?

I myself have transformed a punk skater into a goth, but the skater who I transformed hated all skaters, and hated that she became one, and begged me to turn her goth so I did  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:10 pm
i stopped trying. from the look of my area the real gothic fashion has died years ago, now theres only mallgoths....and i may only wear black but thats not because im "trying" to be goth, its because i dont feel comfortable in anything else....i guess that dates back to when i was a mallgoth. neutral  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Starsreacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:35 am
My sister a bit, but she doesn't really get the music or actual "goth". just takes the clothes i can't wear....  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:57 pm
Oh man, my brother is just like that little girl. Whenever we go shopping, he always wants to go into Hot Topic...But, my mother will not let him..because she only wants one "black sheep" in the family.

I found it very odd.

So, I get him things whenever I go there.

Cannibal of B o n e

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:09 pm
Devils_lilboy
I myself have transformed a punk skater into a goth, but the skater who I transformed hated all skaters, and hated that she became one, and begged me to turn her goth so I did

I have some questions about this post... And I'm not trying to flame you, or anything. First off, if she hated skaters, then why the hell didn't she leave on her own? I mean, that's one of the things that I would classify as a conformist. Secondly, I don't really think someone can 'turn goth', they can dress goth, or listen to goth music, but really, I think that the goth mentality should be there, and if she couldn't leave the skater fad, even if she hated it, I doubt she has the appropriate mentality to be anything more than a fad goth, or a poseur.

And in responce to the topic, I haven't trained anybody, although I do tell people good places to shop for goth clothing, and brands they should try (like demonia shoes... Man, I love their shoes). I also suggest music to people who care, but really, I just am sharing what I enjoy, and I don't have any copiers... yet... (note to self... update wardrobe before school begins again)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:58 am
I don't know...I'm against trying to turn little kids goth- not because I don't like the subculture I fall into, but because it's not my place to turn anyone one way or another.

If they express an interest I try to clear up misconceptions and steer them in the right path.

For instance: I have two sisters- one who wears Abercrombie, Hollister, etc. She's 17. The other sister is 14 and even though she is the youngest, she has some odd combination of Sarah and me in her..She goes between dressing in a goth strain and dressed in a very preppy strain and I have no intention of making her pick one or the other- and neither does Sarah. She's her own person.

However, when she says something that is blatantly wrong, or the like, I correct it and give her a little lesson.

In us trying to push a subculture we are in turn "corrupting" the youth, so to speak. When anyone tries to push anything on someone else, it is taint.

The best thing to do is just to clear it up and steer in the right direction as they go along. ^^  

Exquisite Cadavre

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Little Miss Lunacy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:06 pm
Awwwww!!! That's so adorable!!! <333  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:28 pm
OMFG!
My cousin.
One day hes all rapper and that,
then the dday he comes to my b-day and hhes like:
"im goth now!"
and then i get scared and run and hide.
and he wears blue jean baggy pants and he keeps asking me,
"how do u be gothic?"
i still get the creeps by looknig at him in his blue jean baggy pants
the only thing he wears that i like is a 2 row stud belt.
every thing else is just...
Eww.
i dont want him to be a goth!
ITLL BE SCARY!
ide die...  

L3ts S3t Th3 Stag3 OnF1re

A Little Retarded

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:11 pm
A new friend of mine is asking for fashion advice in the emo look. lmfao. I told her she's a wanabe and to just be herself. She doesn't. She copies me.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff