Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
D= LE GASP! SIZE 50?!?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:20 am

yea i saw some of those in the joanns store. i also saw some circ needles too that are as big or bigger then that. mostly for uber thick yarn or for uber lazy or flowy work.
there has also been some sort of museum display somewhere with a uber huge needles and such. but here is this largest  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:19 pm
I bought size 50's and some cotton yarn to try broomstick pace. The attempt shall begin tomorrow. YAY! ^^

(Any excessive enthusiasism is from nerves about tomorrow- ignore it)  

Silver Mist

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:43 am
K, so I tried the broomstick lace thing, and its waaaay cool looking. Fortunately, someone was in my house who had done it before, since I hadn't printed any driections- she could tell me I was doing it right.

My one comment on broomstick lace though- if you try it and like it, I recommend sanding down a wood rod in the size you want and lightly rounding off the end. Once is smooth, rub in some wood polish to make it lightly slick. MUCH easier to use than a size 50 needle.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:33 pm
Kanhoro

yea i saw some of those in the joanns store. i also saw some circ needles too that are as big or bigger then that. mostly for uber thick yarn or for uber lazy or flowy work.
there has also been some sort of museum display somewhere with a uber huge needles and such. but here is this largest

Thats amazing!! Hmm...with those you could easily knit a blanket. ^^  

Chibi Kiku-chan

Moko117

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:32 am
knit a truck! it really works!!!! ( 16 wheeler available!) blaugh  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items