Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: The Magic-Makers :: Shojo Beat Creators :.
Yuu Watase Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay?
  Yay!
  not so yay.
View Results

Latharix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:20 pm
Oh dear.
I rather dislike everything Yuu Watase has made.
She habitually uses cliches and reuses character designs.
THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME.
And have you noticed? In almost every series, the heroine is saved from getting hit by a car and consequentially meets her true love.
Blech.
talk2hand

I will say, however, that she is a good artist. That's really the only nice thing I can think of. @-@  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:57 am
I love 'Zettai Kareshi' (Absolute Boyfriend)!! Amazing and cute story 3nodding When I bought Shoujo Beat and read this, I couldn't help it but continue reading it off the magazine^^ It would feel like I read 2 pages of it somehow because I would go through it so fast and it was soo good with a bit of intense there o.O *needs to buy the manga* >.<
I heard of 'Pajama de Ojama' before. Not sure what it's about though^^
'Fushigi Yuugi' is the best. Again, I didn't completely finish watching it...okay barely watched it v__v  

KandyKittyz

250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

PerfectStranger_2-0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:28 pm
Hmm, I don't know if I can agree. I mean, her art is incredible, but her stories are not that great.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:11 pm
she draws so well! blaugh though in some manga it can be a little showy for a few pages surprised  

mangafreak423

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:39 am
the art is really pretty  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:08 pm
I'm pretty sure Absolute Boyfriend is the reason I subscribed to Shojo Beat in the first place xd

Yuu Watase's artwork is gorgeous! I've only read Absolute Boyfriend and Alice 19th, but I definitely plan on picking up her other series when I get the chance (and when I'm done with my current Kaori Yuki binge lol )

Fushigi Yuugi has been confusing me. Apparently there were two US releases? One reads left to right, and the other right to left? And then there's these complitaion volumes...are they the way to go? CAN ANYONE HELP A CONFUSED BUYER?! D;

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:03 pm
maple_chan
Fushigi Yuugi has been confusing me. Apparently there were two US releases? One reads left to right, and the other right to left? And then there's these complitaion volumes...are they the way to go? CAN ANYONE HELP A CONFUSED BUYER?! D;

The first edition of the series wasn't fully released (and yes, was flipped from the original Japanese). These are probably hard to find. The second editions of the series were unflipped and all 18 volumes were released. The VIZBIG editions are 3-in-1, so there are 6 total of those. They're the editions I have, and they're gorgeous. They have color pages, but are taller and wider (as well as longer obviously) than the originals.

At this point, chances are you're going to have a much easier time finding the VIZBIG editions of the series, and it's likely going to be cheaper for you as well.

If this didn't help, let me know, and I can try to rephrase. :]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:06 pm
Okay, yeah, that makes sense. Thanks biggrin

I figured as much, but I've been frequenting Half Price Book Stores lately, and they have a ton of copies of the older releases, so I wasn't sure if I should try for the older or not (since it might be cheaper). I think I'd rather go with the compilation ones though, especially if they come with color pictures heart

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:08 am
maple_chan
Okay, yeah, that makes sense. Thanks biggrin

I figured as much, but I've been frequenting Half Price Book Stores lately, and they have a ton of copies of the older releases, so I wasn't sure if I should try for the older or not (since it might be cheaper). I think I'd rather go with the compilation ones though, especially if they come with color pictures heart

If you could get the whole thing at Half Price Books, it would be a fairly similar price. The VIZBIG editions are $17.99 list price (though cheaper on Amazon, if that's an option), and Half Price Books is going to have the original 18 at about $5 a piece, so it's a difference of about $15 if you pay list price for the VIZBIG editions.  
.: The Magic-Makers :: Shojo Beat Creators :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games