Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Is it like this for you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you?
  Yeah!
  I <3 Hoard & Store
  Eh, Kinda
View Results

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:55 pm
I have one of those 3 drawer rolling shelf unit things. Two drawers are full of yarn (can't fit any more in one of them) and the top drawer has my needles(knitting and sewing), hooks, patterns, and a spool of black thread to sew faces on my amigurumi. Though I've been put on a yarn diet (by myself), so I won't be getting any more until I use up a good portion of my stash. I'm going to look into different yarn companies and see if they give out samples of their yarns. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:27 am
I love finding good sales on yarn. heart I've cut back on my spending though because I need to create and sell some stuff before I buy more!  

Umberella

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:29 pm
I move every three meonths, so my yarn stash has to to stay small. It keeps trying to grow- exponentaionlly, even. But I try to beat it back into submissions (that and not buy yarn).

BUT!!! ^^ My amazingly awesome aunt just got me a $50 gift cert for one of my LYS. YAY!!!! I havent been to this LYS in a bit since its further from my house, but I hear its a good one. It pleases me greatly. I see alpaca or silk in my future. *happy dance*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:10 pm
I love buying some yarn! I love it even more when it's on sale. I can be having a craptacular day, and a little yarn can put a smile back on my face.

3nodding  

AuroraGoryAlice

4,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:47 pm
nax is back
Today I went to Michaels and they had an AWESOME sale on yarn. Icelandic Jewels and Elf Eyelash yarn was on sale for .99!!! I was so happy! And I found some Dreamy Chenille for around $6!! When I got home, I pulled my yarn out of the bag and put i in my basket! So my question is, do any of you guys get the happy fuzzy feeling inside when you buy yarn? Or, do you guys like to hoard and store? Cause I stock up when there is a sale.

whenever i go to the store and i need yarn, i horde and store. but i dont really have that happy feeling, well a little xp . i am more intersting on a better deal and how much money costed down lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:22 am
I'm definitely a hoarder. My whole room is overflowing with yarn. I just got a new kitten last night, and my first thought was "Oh no! I'm gonna have to get all the yarn off the bed! And the floor! And and and...THE YARN!" My friends laughed at me. But they've never seen my yarn collection. I've got enough yarn to make hats to cover an army. And I'm not talking a small army either. And whenever I go to a shop that sells yarn I have to give my money to someone else so I don't buy any yarn. Then I manage to rationalize buying yarn and end up spending money on yarn that I don't need. I've got probably $200 worth of yarn. And most of it is about as expensive as Red Heart. I think I might have a bit of a problem.... sweatdrop  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Ace Ryn Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:25 am
3nodding Qh yes, I get that feeling a lot...which is probably why my mom refuses to take me shopping anymore...I always end up finding yarn that I cannot live without...typically soft and indulgent purchases that leave me positively glowing inside.

Then of course I get home and realize I have too much yarn already and my new purchases end up sitting on whatever avaliable flat, clean, surface that's left.

Honestly, my room is like a large multi-colored cloud there's so much yarn redface  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:40 am
i love yarn, but i don't get all happy fuzzy when i buy it  

Revolution4AGeneration

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:55 am
Oh, I definitely get a happy fuzzy feeling, even if I don't know what to make with it. New yarn always brings good vibes because I can think about all the different things I could make. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:40 am
i've never actually bought yarn without a specific project in mind, so mostly when I buy yarn, I feel happy about what I'm going to make with it. However, when I get given yarn, I've been told I get this totally excited "Yay! You love me!" expression, and definately feel warm and happy fuzzy....  

Blue-eyes-green

Mildred Pierce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:44 pm
I try not to buy yarn unless I need it or my mother is willing to pay.

I have no money. crying  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:39 am
nax is back
Today I went to Michaels and they had an AWESOME sale on yarn. Icelandic Jewels and Elf Eyelash yarn was on sale for .99!!! I was so happy! And I found some Dreamy Chenille for around $6!! When I got home, I pulled my yarn out of the bag and put i in my basket! So my question is, do any of you guys get the happy fuzzy feeling inside when you buy yarn? Or, do you guys like to hoard and store? Cause I stock up when there is a sale.

Dude! I went to Jo-Anns and they had thick n thin wool for $.99 a skein too!

I bought 19 skeins... (I had a $20 on me)

I totally understand the hoarding!

(And I even have a pattern for this one)  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

KingToon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:26 am
Peppermint Elf
I actually bought a box to put all my yarn in. I was running out of room in my misc drawer. sweatdrop

(I buy my yarn from Etsy or Knitpicks.)

I buy from Knitpicks two, since they have cheaper yarn than the yarn store near me. WHich means i get tobuy more yarn for me stash. I that makes me feel like a pirate pirate  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:53 pm
I love to buy yarn, but I'm forcing myself to cut back. I have yarn in every spare space of my bedroom--in this narrow area between my bed and the wall, those odd corners between shelves, on top of/around my books...yeah, I'm a little swamped.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Sugar Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:33 pm
I love to look at yarn, especially the very high-priced ones. whee I'm pretty tight on money, so I have to urge myself to not buy it. sweatdrop  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff