Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Silver's newest stuff. New stuff added 7-8-07 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tulokyn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:58 pm
Oooh, I havent' done illusion knitting before, and hadn't really looked at how it was supposed to be done. Your closeups there just helped me figure it out without actually reading up on it. Nice work!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:05 pm
Empathy. My daddy likes aliens. So I'm pretty sure he'll like it. :3

tulokyn
It's just knit and purl stitches, the purl stitches create the texture/image. :3 It's surprisingly simple. biggrin

Silver Sunrise

The Star is Vain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:55 pm
That's good, but we're encouraging aliens to appear out of nowhere and scare us all to spaceships of doom!! eek

Actually, that looks neat. You said it's knit and purl stitches, do you mean just, like garter stitch? And you're just changing the colour of yarn to do that?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:21 am
That's crazy neat!! Awesome work!!! biggrin  

Ska Hippie

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:32 am
Empathy
No, it's not garter stitch. The pattern is from stitch 'n b***h, though I found a copy online. The image is created by switching from knitting (which creates the flat Vs) to purling (which creates the raised bumps) for certian numbers of stitches on any given row. I hope I'm not confusing you.

Hippie
Thank you! I'm really happy with how it's turning out. It's really fun to see the face emerge row by row. X3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:06 am
Awww I love the turtle! heart

And illusion kniting is so cool! whee  

Julia Pegasus

Bashful Lunatic

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:02 pm
Silver Sunrise
So instead of making another thread I'll post here. XD

I started on my dad's scarf friday. And as of lastnight I have one alien finished. I did find if I look at the wrong side of the scarf that the alien shows up rather plainly. Ari, did you scarf do that? I'm also thinking instead of fringe doing a crochet border, once around in each color. My dad's cat's LOVE yarn and I think to preserve the life of the scarf leaving the fringe off would be a good idea. Any thought on that?

Yes, the "wrong" side shows the alien, if a little distorted around the edges.

I'd definitely leave the fringe off, if your cat is like mine. And the nice thing about adding a border is that you can pull it out if you don't like it and he can just wear the scarf as is. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 pm
AriRashkae
Silver Sunrise

I started on my dad's scarf friday. And as of lastnight I have one alien finished. I did find if I look at the wrong side of the scarf that the alien shows up rather plainly. Ari, did you scarf do that? I'm also thinking instead of fringe doing a crochet border, once around in each color. My dad's cat's LOVE yarn and I think to preserve the life of the scarf leaving the fringe off would be a good idea. Any thought on that?

Yes, the "wrong" side shows the alien, if a little distorted around the edges.

I'd definitely leave the fringe off, if your cat is like mine. And the nice thing about adding a border is that you can pull it out if you don't like it and he can just wear the scarf as is. mrgreen

Ok, good to know it wasn't just me. XD Fringe + my dad's cats = no scarf for you. Do you think just a single crochet border all the way around in each color would be good? Or would you suggest something else?  

Silver Sunrise

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:21 am
Instead of fringe, why not do a scalloped edging at each end? It would also save you a lot of time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:30 am
knitting_needle_ninja
Instead of fringe, why not do a scalloped edging at each end? It would also save you a lot of time.
Oh I like that idea! biggrin  

Silver Sunrise

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:19 am
Silver Sunrise

Picture!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i seen those, shadow/illusion knitting, where its kinad like those pictures i see somewhere at diffretn angles and such. you can also put in diffrent textures too for a 2ed picture to that alien XD, i think i saw a pattern for it in the SnB book. also in a few specialized book just for that in at my local library.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:19 pm
whee I did it! I made a snood! Many thanks to spiffydesu for leaving a link to the pattern in her thread. :3
I started on it last night and finished it today.I love it, I'm going to make another one in a different color. X3
Picture Time~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
please don't quote the pictures, it eats my bandwidth. sweatdrop

Silver Sunrise

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:15 pm
Sweetness! I've been wanting to make one of those forever (especially the type you attach to a hair clip), but my hair is so long they always fall out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:45 pm
knitting_needle_ninja
Sweetness! I've been wanting to make one of those forever (especially the type you attach to a hair clip), but my hair is so long they always fall out.
Mine is attached to one of those thin elastic headbands. I haven't had it slip at all. My hair is fairly long and quite thick so I put it in a ponytail first then put the snood on. :3 Worked great! biggrin  

Silver Sunrise

Tinuvial

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:26 pm
Wow, all this time I thought a snood was the same as a wimple. sweatdrop

It's very pretty =D  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items