Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flamer42

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:17 pm
Darth-Kew
jawas are less agressive tusken midgets ;P j/k,

General grivious appears to be a master swords man in episode three, i have a feeling he was trained by dooku. What are your thoughts on this matter?

He is droid and a living being sooooo, it is possible that fighting techneques were downloaded into his systems. Then using his organic brain he came up with unorthidox fighting styles that only his machanical body could do.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:19 pm
lets just say GG is going to open a REAL BIG CAN OF WHOOPASS!  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Darth-Kew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:45 pm
those are both fair assesents.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:09 pm
I can't wait to see what he does in the movie. The cartoon really got my blood pumping for that one. xp  

Flamer42

Lady Zombie Robot

Swashbuckling Pirate

9,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:05 pm
Darth-Kew
When the jedi prophecy says bring balance to the force, what do you think it means? Most people say light side greater than dark side.

I feel this statment is wrong, i look at it as both sides equily attuned because they are both the force, also the us of the living force instead of trying to precieve the future. A good example of how this is used would be luke in return of the jedi, he stayed true to his beleifs but he used a wide range of force powers, from force choke on the gormeran gaurds at jabas palace to the jedi mind trick. He used the force to do the right thing and to complete his mission, he even used the force and his anger to defeat vader, and free him from the dark grip, in the end the last of the old era force users died, vader/palpintine/anakin. leaving luke a new era force user with the whole force as his ally not just the weaker powers.

what are you views on this?

"'The Force' is described as being an energy field that is generated by all living things and permeates the universe and all the things in it. Its principles resonate with those of some real world religions like the shinto religion of Japan and the certain Celtic, druidic concepts." <-from a website...

Shinto translates into divine path basically. From what I've read about it the people who follow it belive in Kami, which is gods or spirits. There's like something about life and death and good and evil, but there was too much to read so I don't know...

^^Ya, that's useless junk pretty much...

I all ways wondered what they were thinking in episode one. They were like anakin could bring balance to the force, but at that time the light side was dominating, wasn't it... It seems like some one should have noticed...

And the dark side was like power hungry and that's why they turned dark, so I guess anakin was more power hungry than luke cuz luke went back to the light side after using all that power... But then again there's the whole balance to the force thing, so maybe it was just the shift to the light side being in power and there was nothing that could have changed him. He'd always be light...

It's free writing great? I dun even know what I was talking about... blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:34 pm
This topic has been popular amongst SW forums.

The questions is: Why do some Jedi dissapear when they die?

Many peoples' answer to this is "they became one with the force"
However, Yoda AND Obi-Wan tell Anakin that Qui-Gon became one with the force, YET, Qui-Gon Jinn's body did not dissapear.

My theory is that a Jedi's body only dissapears when they are willing to accept death. Here is my reasoning:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Accepted death and, as he told Darth Vader, that death would only make him much stronger. His body dissapears.

Yoda: Accepted death when he told Luke that it was just like a very long sleep, and that he had done enough for a lifetime. The guy was almost 1000 years old, and accepted death. His body Dissapears,

Darth Vader: Accepted death when he told Luke to remove the helmet so that he may see his son with his own eyes. His body dissapears.

Qui-Gon Jinn: Did not accept death when he faced it because he never saw it coming, he was struck down by a Sith in the midst of a battle. His body didn NOT dissapear.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Flamer42

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:04 pm
Interesting, you may have something there.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:40 pm
Also, while crawling google for star wars stuff, ive found many refferences to the "Coruscant Deathstars" Every material on the net that i find about it however says that there were Coruscant Deathstars after the Battle of Endor, but they had dissapeared when the New Republic ceased control of Coruscant...

I had not know about these Death Stars until recently, and may have just read numerous false rumors, but if they dd infact exist, please shed me some more light on them.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:05 pm
another theory why soem jedi dissappear...

They must die of something other than sith..... anakin vader is not full sith, thus obi-wan lives in the force....  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:57 pm
umm....vornskrs?  

Flamer42

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:11 am
Vornskrs! Now, they hunt using the Force, right? So could they be semi-sentient?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:39 am
Maybe, but that would then suggest that yasalarmi are also semi-sentient.  

Flamer42

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:00 am
Not neccissarily! The vornskrs have to conciously use the Force to track moving things. Ysalimiri only have a built in bubble maker, and don't have to use it. It's just there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:04 am
Also, about Qui Gon dying...
Correct me if I'm remembering wrong (it's been a while since I watched Episode I), but didn't Maul stab him through the abdomen? As far as I know, there is nothing vital to life right down there. At least, not anything that would kill you in a matter of minutes. In real life, a stab there might make you loose enough blood to die, but the lightsaber instantly cauterized that, so no blood-loss.
So how did Qui Gon die so fast from that wound?  

jedi_master_tenku

Flamer42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:04 am
The ability to use the force is rather difficult no matter who or what you are. It could be genetic but they still have to consiously raise the bubble.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff