Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! :o Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-- Flyper --

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:28 pm
Menaceman
-- Flyper --
Menaceman
If a Sim chats to a friend online then after a few minutes they get the option to invite them over.

I was shocked the first time it happened. I barely use the phone anymore if I want a Sim to come over.

I don't know if this is a bug or something, but I didn't know that during the winter Sims get cold if they sleep upstairs in anything but pajamas. I almost had the Social Worker breathing down my neck because of that.

Did your house have a roof? I think they can get cold if there is no roof.

Yeah, it does. I think something's just wrong with the way I constructed the house, I guess. I put about two dormers in, and edited them so they can make the upstairs into four rooms. Plus, the house looks complete from the outside. But, it's probably just a glitch, since the particular house I'm talking about was the only one affected.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:40 pm
I never knew children could like... hop onto the fridge door and 'play' with it... a child in one of my sim family's brought a friend over and it did that... annoyed me too because she did it EVERY SECOND... D<

and that sims get allergies in Seasons surprised spring is horrid, everyone sneezes XD  

Brass Coin

The Mighty Enchilada

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:14 pm
you know the little videos they play when the mothers give birth, or a sim gets their first kiss...? you know, those little vids.

well i had originally been playing the sims 2 on my old computer. well it crashed and so i got a new laptop and i started playing and i was so surprised by the little videos cuz my old computer never showed them! O_O
(come to find out its video card was half-broken or something. >.<)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:48 am
The Mighty Enchilada
you know the little videos they play when the mothers give birth, or a sim gets their first kiss...? you know, those little vids.

well i had originally been playing the sims 2 on my old computer. well it crashed and so i got a new laptop and i started playing and i was so surprised by the little videos cuz my old computer never showed them! O_O

I don't get a vid, and my video card is perfectly fine. eek

All I get is that the camera automatically zooms into a pregnant sim, or a sim that's getting kissed, and they just give birth/get kissed. O_o  

Noembelu

Noembelu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:49 am
Unidentified Gal
I never knew children could like... hop onto the fridge door and 'play' with it... a child in one of my sim family's brought a friend over and it did that... annoyed me too because she did it EVERY SECOND... D<

and that sims get allergies in Seasons surprised spring is horrid, everyone sneezes XD

Do you have to have any EPs for them to do that?

I wanna try it, but I only have the base game. emo  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:35 pm
I JUST realized there was scenes to first kiss, first woohoo, etc.  

Binana

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:38 am
Noembelu
The Mighty Enchilada

All I get is that the camera automatically zooms into a pregnant sim, or a sim that's getting kissed, and they just give birth/get kissed. O_o

There are special "cinematics" that play the first time something happens to a Sim like first birth or first woohoo, stuff like that. Your graphics card may be able to play the game perfectly but still not be able to play the "cinematics". That or you might have them turned off.
My old computer couldn't play cinematics but my laptop can.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:29 pm
Children for dinner
I never knew that lightning can strike trees...until one of my trees combusted randomly, while it was storming.
surprised Really?

@Unidentified; surprised I need to try that..

Whenever I learn something new, I always feel the need to hop onto the sims right away and try it. :'DD':  

[tofu][rocket]

Brass Coin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:32 pm
Noembelu
Unidentified Gal

Do you have to have any EPs for them to do that?

I wanna try it, but I only have the base game. emo

The fridge door thing? I dunno... but I have the base, nightlife, and seasons installed at the moment... I think they do it in the base game... or seasons maybe... but I think they do it on their own... I went into the child's pie chart thing to see if I could get her to do it but there was no option... :/  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:15 am
Children for dinner
I never knew that lightning can strike trees...until one of my trees combusted randomly, while it was storming.
Yeah, that happened to me, and then I got my sims to call the fire brigade and they got fined because it had gone out by the time they got there, it just wasn't fair! mad  

Chikiya

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:05 am
I didn't know you could paint the walls of the pool in Seasons until my friend showed me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:43 am
You can paint the floors too. biggrin  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

The Mighty Enchilada

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:26 am
Noembelu
The Mighty Enchilada

yeah thats what i used to do.

and i didn't mean video card, sorry. I meant virtual memory. Something was wrong with my virtual memory.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:09 am
I just found out you can rotate floor tiles!!!!!!!!!! xd  

Chikiya

Canadian Ballerina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:01 pm
I never knew that kids could snuggle with (related) elders/adults/teens on the couch. It's adorable.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff