Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Blood+ ]
English Dubb .___. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

san-hikari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:52 am
D-i-v-a
Kenaserenity
Vic was in FullMetal Alchemist, ( arrow unrelated to FMA arrow ) FullMetal Panic and FMP Fumoffu, DNAngel, Bleach, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, and a lot of other shows and games- I love his voice and the emotion he brings into his roles. biggrin

Vic..hmm? yeah heard of him, I don't really like that voice actore *hides/don't killme*

Maybe its because I try to avoid dubbs, but I do watch alot, I really do.

My favorites are

-John Burgmeier (suprising since funimation isn't really good at doing dubbs most of the time, loved him as Kurama)

-Luci Christian (Think thats her name, but honestly I LOVED the rolls she did from Ran Kotobuki, Fullmetal Panic! Kaname, Himeno/pretear)

-Greg Ayres - (speaks for itself, he's just amazing)

-Chris Patton - ( heart )

-Justin Cook (Yusuke!)

Anyone heard of these guys? ^^;

I like John Burgneier smile (I like Kurama biggrin ) and Justin Cook. In fact I like most of the voices in YYH heart I liked Hiei's a lot

hm.... The other names don't ring a bell I'll have to look them up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:23 am
I remember Pretear! *thinks a few years back* I liked Himeno's love intrest- but now I've forgotten his name. Now, Chris Patton and Justin Cook... I've seen thir names a lot, but I haven't really stopped to check who they've played. If I get a chance, I'll see later. (Btw D-i-v-a, it's okay if you don't like Vic smile We all have our own opinions.)  

Kenaserenity
Crew

gothrockqueen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:52 pm
I love the original Japanese version of Haji. smile However, Crispin Freeman (the same guy that does the voice of Alucard in the Hellsing series) doesn't do too bad of a job. I like all his voices though, so maybe I am a bit biased.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:02 pm
Kenaserenity
I remember Pretear! *thinks a few years back* I liked Himeno's love intrest- but now I've forgotten his name. Now, Chris Patton and Justin Cook... I've seen thir names a lot, but I haven't really stopped to check who they've played. If I get a chance, I'll see later. (Btw D-i-v-a, it's okay if you don't like Vic smile We all have our own opinions.)

Chea~ Pretear is so old XD First time I watched it was around 2003 XDDD

You should check out dubbs from ADV to find Chris Patton ( I advise you stay away from the DNAngel dubb, it's really bad) and Funimation for Justin COok, he did the dubb of Hatsuharu from Fruits basket and Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho from what I've seen and he's really good XD

yaya~ for opinions XD *shot'd*  

D-i-v-a
Captain

youkoonna

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:34 pm
I actually don't mind the dub. ( but maybe I've been watching Adult Swi so long I'm used to dubs.) I had seen a couple of subtitled eps. before it ran on tv, and there are some weird name pronunications in the dub. *lol*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:39 pm
youkoonna
I actually don't mind the dub. ( but maybe I've been watching Adult Swi so long I'm used to dubs.) I had seen a couple of subtitled eps. before it ran on tv, and there are some weird name pronunications in the dub. *lol*

There is ALWAYS wrong pronunciations in a dubb, like take Bleach for example, the way they pronounce "Uruhara" is enough to make someone rip their hair out ^^; and the way they pronounce "Chiropteran" in Blood+ *shivers* Damn x_e How can you STAND Adult Swim @_@  

D-i-v-a
Captain

youkoonna

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:46 pm
D-i-v-a
youkoonna

There is ALWAYS wrong pronunciations in a dubb, like take Bleach for example, the way they pronounce "Uruhara" is enough to make someone rip their hair out ^^; and the way they pronounce "Chiropteran" in Blood+ *shivers* Damn x_e How can you STAND Adult Swim @_@

*lol* Too much adaptation?

ooh, I'll have to watch some more subtitled episodes...I never noticed the chiropteran thing. Or the Bleach thing. eek

I just need something to watch on Saturday nights, otherwise I'd just go to YouTube and watch the rest of it ( might do that anyway though).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:59 pm
I have to admit... the English dub isn't that good... although Haji's voice is good... and Saya's voice is... acceptable... to a degree. There are times when her voice just doesn't sound right. Like many here, I'm also dreading what they're going to do with Diva's voice... **shudders**  

Shino Mikami

D-i-v-a
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:56 am
Shino Mikami
I have to admit... the English dub isn't that good... although Haji's voice is good... and Saya's voice is... acceptable... to a degree. There are times when her voice just doesn't sound right. Like many here, I'm also dreading what they're going to do with Diva's voice... **shudders**

My...poor...Diva *shudders and cowers in a corner* T__T  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:20 am
I liked the Japanese movie more than English.

Yeah, their voices there are more cuter than English tho. :3

Chariz Allison
Crew

enigma_098
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:03 am
~Watches the english version of blood+ in Animax~

Is it me or did Diva sounded a bit creepy in english? T-T

~I'll stick to the japanese version~  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:14 pm
enigma_098
~Watches the english version of blood+ in Animax~

Is it me or did Diva sounded a bit creepy in english? T-T

~I'll stick to the japanese version~

alskrfjarffd? Whaa? Diva appeared? *goes to see*  

D-i-v-a
Captain

omninulla

Anxious Phantom

20,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:17 pm
D-i-v-a
Kenaserenity
First of all, Diva rox my sox! (Had to get that out.) Anyway, everyone sounds much better in the Japanese version than in the English. I haven't seen far enough to know how terribly they'll display Diva- but it was bad enough with the cheesy French accent that Van Aregano(sp?) had- I wanted to take his character out of the show and rip it to shreds.

Oh God I know that was bad x_x
And Kai's voice! wth~~ D:
The voice actor forces his voice out too much in the fight scenes and its just SO not nsync with Kai's character >.> and Riku's voice is pretty annoying. Saya's I found 'Alright' but there are some points that made me wince.

See so far, theres a problem with everyone's voice, Diva-chan is gonna be no different crying unfortunately

the first time i saw the dubed version after watching the subed version i didnt know wether i should:
-->dubble over laughing
-->go into depresion
-->or go kill all the voice actors
(the french guy sounded like a french guy doing an impresion of an american guy, doing an impresion of a french guy stare )  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:47 pm
f_a_i_t_h_l_e_s_s
D-i-v-a
Kenaserenity
First of all, Diva rox my sox! (Had to get that out.) Anyway, everyone sounds much better in the Japanese version than in the English. I haven't seen far enough to know how terribly they'll display Diva- but it was bad enough with the cheesy French accent that Van Aregano(sp?) had- I wanted to take his character out of the show and rip it to shreds.

Oh God I know that was bad x_x
And Kai's voice! wth~~ D:
The voice actor forces his voice out too much in the fight scenes and its just SO not nsync with Kai's character >.> and Riku's voice is pretty annoying. Saya's I found 'Alright' but there are some points that made me wince.

See so far, theres a problem with everyone's voice, Diva-chan is gonna be no different crying unfortunately

the first time i saw the dubed version after watching the subed version i didnt know wether i should:
-->dubble over laughing
-->go into depresion
-->or go kill all the voice actors
(the french guy sounded like a french guy doing an impresion of an american guy, doing an impresion of a french guy stare )

Haha~ OMG so right XDD It's like IMPOSSIBLE to take the Blood+ dubb seriously, its just horrible >_< Van Argano's voice made me double-over laughing, its not just bad, it's down-right hilarious~! *dies*  

D-i-v-a
Captain

Jessikenz

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:36 pm
Kill all the voice actors just leave Hagi's voice actor alone. Love him, and when I hear him do Van's voice I cant help but giggle to the point I feel like Diva o.o;  
[ Blood+ ]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff