Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Defending your kind! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So what about Megadeth's most recent album?
  Excelent job!
  It was okay...
  I'm still deciding...
  Hated it.
  It's like a 7 or 8 out of 10..
  I don't listen to them.
View Results

Malakoi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:33 pm
Kaishi Kyouki

1. What if they have no idea what goth is, and they think it's filled with satanic drug addicts?

A person who believes that without verifying that information for himself should not be a "Goth" because that person is obviously either extremely close-minded or extremely stupid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:20 am
Milo Hephaistion
Kaishi Kyouki

1. What if they have no idea what goth is, and they think it's filled with satanic drug addicts?

A person who believes that without verifying that information for himself should not be a "Goth" because that person is obviously either extremely close-minded or extremely stupid.

But isn't one way of verifying by asking people their thoughts on the subject, so that you can extrapolate the similarities to see if they match with your ideals?  

Rellik San
Crew

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:25 am
XWraith_LordX
So, we have a thread about the insults you've gotten. What about what you've done to prevent them? (ex: What you've done to teach your neighbor you're not a stoned devil-whorshiping whore.) Has a non-goth friend ever begun to insult/make fun of a fellow member of your subculture/another subculture, did you do anything about that? Are you educating your friends a little, ripping down the walls of stereotypes from anothers mind so they see you for what you really are? Is anyone showing their younger siblings the truth about goth? Are the people you taught any wiser now, or have they refused to open their eyes, what are some of the problems you've faced doing this?

It's not bad, but I am still desiding on how much I actually like the album...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:43 pm
I don't do anything because I don't assosciate myself entirely with one subculture, or one anything. Goth is just a part of my life, not the entirety of my being.  

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:16 pm
It was okay  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Milo Hephaistion
I'm an elitist. I believe that the more that people misunderstand or hate Gothic subculture the better because then they won't want to be a part of it.

I discourage as many people as possible from having an interest in Goth-related things, especially musically speaking.

yeah once it becomes popular (god forbid) we can't like it anymore  

Chansung

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:19 am
Chansung
Milo Hephaistion
I'm an elitist. I believe that the more that people misunderstand or hate Gothic subculture the better because then they won't want to be a part of it.

I discourage as many people as possible from having an interest in Goth-related things, especially musically speaking.

I hope you realize what you are saying about yourself to the majority of the guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:02 am
XWraith_LordX
Chansung
Milo Hephaistion

I hope you realize what you are saying about yourself to the majority of the guild.
Well everyone knows your not TRUE! if you sell more then 3 albums, if you do that your a sell out. XD  

Rellik San
Crew

Fox_Makenshi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:03 am
XWraith_LordX
So, we have a thread about the insults you've gotten. What about what you've done to prevent them? (ex: What you've done to teach your neighbor you're not a stoned devil-whorshiping whore.) Has a non-goth friend ever begun to insult/make fun of a fellow member of your subculture/another subculture, did you do anything about that? Are you educating your friends a little, ripping down the walls of stereotypes from anothers mind so they see you for what you really are? Is anyone showing their younger siblings the truth about goth? Are the people you taught any wiser now, or have they refused to open their eyes, what are some of the problems you've faced doing this?

I have actually. I was wearing my pentagram necklace (I'm Wiccan btw) and these two girls me and my friend had just met told me that I worshipped Satan. I quickly corrected them about the fact that a pentagram alone does not make you a satan worshiper.

Most insults are not worth my time though. I wear a trenchcoat and I've gotten stuff like "Dude, are you in the matrix or something?" or people just randomly ask me "Are you goth?" "Are you emo?" even online. Those kinds of things are not worth my time.

Love,
Fox Makenshi  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 am
XWraith_LordX

EDIT
--------
Please do not post comments about Megadeth or their music. Communicate your opinions through the poll or the music forum on this guild.

Some of my old friends insulted goths I slamed them against a wall and threatened to behead them if the say more.  

Hunter of the Dammed

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:21 am
The Dancing Ninja
XWraith_LordX

EDIT
--------
Please do not post comments about Megadeth or their music. Communicate your opinions through the poll or the music forum on this guild.

Some of my old friends insulted goths I slamed them against a wall and threatened to behead them if the say more.

Thats a healthy aggressive attitude. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:22 am
Rellik San
The Dancing Ninja
XWraith_LordX

EDIT
--------

what can I say it works, none insults goths at my school cause if the others hear it the go in for the kill persay.  

Hunter of the Dammed

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:23 am
The Dancing Ninja
Rellik San
The Dancing Ninja
XWraith_LordX

EDIT
--------

what can I say it works, none insults goths at my school cause if the others hear it the go in for the kill persay.
Then don't let slip I head butted a goth for having a superior attitude, they'll probably come a huntin'.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:27 am
Rellik San
The Dancing Ninja
Rellik San
The Dancing Ninja
XWraith_LordX

EDIT
--------

Then don't let slip I head butted a goth for having a superior attitude, they'll probably come a huntin'.
For instance I was walking into lunch and someone said something annoying, well I smiled evily and said simply" wait till thier is noone around. It turned out that they had been targeting goths. The funny part is school starts back soon, and I have a somewhat clean record, and Im not the only one. For they were bugging plenty of goths.  

Hunter of the Dammed

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:06 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Chansung
Milo Hephaistion

Well everyone knows your not TRUE! if you sell more then 3 albums, if you do that your a sell out. XD

I think you misunderstood my comment, but selling more than three albums makes NO ONE a "sell-out", or you have a different definition of one!!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff