Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Nina has been possessed! FINISHED Witch's Robes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What color should the trim be?
  blue
  purple
  red
  green
  yellow
  poll whore
View Results

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:27 pm
Hogwarts, here I come!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The sleeves fit perfectly. Here I was afraid they'd pucker, or end up being too tight at the shoulder, but they're perfect! There's a little bit of unevenness from adding the billow triangles, but once I add the ribbon trim it should even out (I'm going to buy 2" ribbon, fold it in half, and sew it to the hem and raw edges, making a sandwich out of it that will hopefully help keep it from fraying).

Sleeve  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:40 pm
Canadian dollar stores KICK a**.

I got everything here for about $11 (not including tax, which is insane)

We have:

~3 spools sheer purple ribbon (I'm going to layer it together, running stitch up the middle, to make it more opaque)
~2 Oh Henry! Oh Canada! bars (think BabyRuth but with red and white filling and a little bit of maple)
~1 bag sour candy
~1spool purple yarn
~2 100 gram balls of cotton crochet thread (one black, one white)
~1 string of silver beads to put on crochet thread to make lace
~1 400 count pack of q-tips (don't ask)

I still can't get over the fact that their dollar stores have craft supplies. Knitting needles, yarn, thread, shears (I should have gone last week!), snaps, buttons, tulle, lace, trim, ribbon, bra inserts...seriously, everything but fabric. Maybe not the greatest selection, but it sure beats back home.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Fionamule

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:22 pm
knitting_needle_ninja

We have:

~3 spools sheer purple ribbon (I'm going to layer it together, running stitch up the middle, to make it more opaque)
~2 Oh Henry! Oh Canada! bars (think BabyRuth but with red and white filling and a little bit of maple)
~1 bag sour candy
~1spool purple yarn

I still can't get over the fact that their dollar stores have craft supplies. Knitting needles, yarn, thread, shears (I should have gone last week!), snaps, buttons, tulle, lace, trim, ribbon, bra inserts...seriously, everything but fabric. Maybe not the greatest selection, but it sure beats back home.

thats friggin awesome! only one more reason to go to Canada!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:28 pm
Pepper Azul
knitting_needle_ninja

We have:

~1 bag sour candy
~1spool purple yarn

thats friggin awesome! only one more reason to go to Canada!

I have found crafting supplies here in Sacramento, CA Dollar Stores.. I bought like 10 skiens of a turquopise yarn Red Lion brand at one here in Sac.... Now that is a good deal!!  

gingin929

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:12 pm
My goal is to see if I can make the entire thing for under $20. At the moment, I'm up to about $16, and I might have to make one more trip, but that should only be for about $2--one more ball of cotton crochet thread, and possibly one more spool of ribbon. I think I might be okay on the ribbon though.

My only complaint is that that some idiot at the ribbon factory decided to STAPLE organza ribbon to the spool. And not just that first end when it hasn't been wound, oh no. The final end, so when I unwind it, I have a little hole every six or eight inches or so. It's not that noticable, thankfully. It would actually look worse if I decided to cut out the holes and sew all the little pieces together. The fact that I'm doubling the ribbon and also folding it in half is helping. It's also right around the hem, so it's not quite as big of a deal.

And hey, it was only a dollar.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:57 pm
Swoot, robes for under $20? You've got skills, my friend- mad skills. ^^  

Silver Mist

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:57 pm
No, just a really, really awesome dollar store. xd

Actually, I just re-did my tally, and here's the results:

Fabric: about $7.50 for 3 meters
Thread: $1.29 for a spool of purple and a cone of black
Ribbon: $6--technically, I've spent seven, but I don't think I'll need the last one, so I'm holding off.
Crochet thread: $1
Silver beads: $1

Total: $16.29

This is not including tax, however, and I still need to find a clasp. That I'm going to have to go to the fabric store for, and I have no idea how much it'll run.

And those prices are also in Canadian, so it's about 7% less if you transfer it to American.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:52 pm
I can't believe I forgot to post the final picture!

If it doesn't show up, click here

As you can see, I went with purple ribbon. The lace is hand knit with silver beads. I had more than half leftover, so I started sewing them around the wrists. Might put them around the hem, too, but I'm not sure.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces