Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
*Official Peach Girl Thread* -FULL CHARACTER DESIGNS- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:21 pm
Yea... I hope it gets over here soon!!!!!! Dubs have been coming over here more quickly than it used to take. SOOO happy about that. Stuff that's only been over there for only 6 months has already been dubbed. SO we get things quicker and get to see everything! ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:36 pm
*just read last Peach Girl: Change of Heart* excuse me language!! OH MY ******** GOD I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE BEST EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry spazzing ^^;  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:10 am
PsychoAce56
*just read last Peach Girl: Change of Heart* excuse me language!! OH MY ******** GOD I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE BEST EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry spazzing ^^;

I completely agree with you, Ace. Teh b3st ending. Scared me there for a while, but you know what happened, so yeah... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:55 pm
I-is "Kiley" really his family name? I thought "Okayasu" was his family name... no, it is! I know for sure! Because his brother's name is "Ryo Okayasu"... check Change of Heart #1-2! So then, "Kiley" would be his given name, not his family name. (That confused me for a moment there...) Good job on those images, by the way! And also, just as a note referring back to the whole "family name" idea, "Toji" is a part of Toji's family name, not his given name. I don't remember his name, but I'm sure it's in one of the early manga.

... xd I just checked out the website you put up for TV Tokyo and I loooove the animation! xd xd xd It looks so new! I love it! I just hope the lips aren't too huge throughout the whole series itself... (What I mean is, in the actual TV show... fr the cover images and theme song, I don't mind. Art is always prettified in those parts). Bleh, I'm talking a lot.

As for the ending... I'm not going to spoil it, I just kinda have a comment... I was glad with the story's OUTCOME, but the very ending (the very last page) kind of bothered me. Oh well. I was glad with the outcome, like I said. I heart the series! xd

Everyone, have happy holidays! ^__^  

Cruzle

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:16 pm
Cruzle
I-is "Kiley" really his family name? I thought "Okayasu" was his family name... no, it is! I know for sure! Because his brother's name is "Ryo Okayasu"... check Change of Heart #1-2! So then, "Kiley" would be his given name, not his family name. (That confused me for a moment there...) Good job on those images, by the way! And also, just as a note referring back to the whole "family name" idea, "Toji" is a part of Toji's family name, not his given name. I don't remember his name, but I'm sure it's in one of the early manga.

Ya know...I didn't think about Ryo's name. But that's what the manga said. *shrugs* Check the the second volume, near the beginning.
Toji actually just has a long name, and it is his given name. They just call him Toji for short, I remember Momo mentioning this in the first volume, I'm pretty sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:20 am
Neko-Yousei
Cruzle

Ya know...I didn't think about Ryo's name. But that's what the manga said. *shrugs* Check the the second volume, near the beginning.
Toji actually just has a long name, and it is his given name. They just call him Toji for short, I remember Momo mentioning this in the first volume, I'm pretty sure.

I think I remember it saying that about Kiley, and me being all wonked about it like I am now. Problem is, I don't own manga #'s 1, 2, or Change of Heart 7, so I can't really check it over. :K I think the Toji thing might be in either the first or second manga, but like I said... don't own 'em.

Question: did they start releasing 1-9 of the "Peach Girl" (not CoH) in the regular right-to-left format, and bigger? 'Cuz if they did, I can always buy 1 and 2 like that.... but it would look funny on my bookshelf. xd  

Cruzle

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:21 am
Cruzle
Neko-Yousei
Cruzle

I think I remember it saying that about Kiley, and me being all wonked about it like I am now. Problem is, I don't own manga #'s 1, 2, or Change of Heart 7, so I can't really check it over. :K I think the Toji thing might be in either the first or second manga, but like I said... don't own 'em.

Question: did they start releasing 1-9 of the "Peach Girl" (not CoH) in the regular right-to-left format, and bigger? 'Cuz if they did, I can always buy 1 and 2 like that.... but it would look funny on my bookshelf. xd

Yeah, they're re-releasing Peach Girl the 'right' way. Like they did with CCS and Rayearth and even Bebop, they released the first 4 volumes in a box and then the last 4 of Peach Girl (not CoH) in another box. Doesn;'t save you any money buying them in the box. Still $40 per box. It's a rip off I think. They should give you deal...Especially since it's a re-release because my originals are falling apart. I really would like to get new ones. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:13 am
14 Days till the first episode airs.... whee  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:10 pm
Toji's hair in the anime is an odd color... o__O  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:51 am
I really hope it comes to America soon, I really wanna see it!!!  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:46 pm
Hey! On the that website you posted up Neko-chan, they've got some kind of promo thing.... It's on the Next story link page! It's rele short though ><  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:58 pm
Misaki_Chii
Hey! On the that website you posted up Neko-chan, they've got some kind of promo thing.... It's on the Next story link page! It's rele short though ><

Yeah, it's to show what the next episode is...or rather the first episode. They normally have those on some official anime sites (Japanese only). ^-^  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:36 pm
YAY! First episode aired yesterday!!! *patiently watches animesuki.com*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:34 pm
Ohhh I'm soo happy! I want to see the anime, I read the manga series.  

sailorsasami

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:41 pm
w00t!
Just got finished watching the first episode. It ends with Toji saying that he likes Momo too.

Animation-wise...I give it... a B-, It's nice and bright, but the expressions all seem to be the same except when Momo or Kairi are spazing...or Sae too. Character design is a B (I think that Kairi's hair should be much more full and pumpkin-like. sad And I also think Toji's hair could be a few shades lighter)
I like the fact that Kairi was called 'Bakayasu' by Momo at one point instead of 'Okayasu'. Haha...I thought it were funneh. @w@
I DO like the opening song. The only problem I had with opening animatio was that Momo, Kairi, and Toji seemed WAAAY to best pals kinda thing...which all know really isn't the case...I was surprised that Ryo Okayasu and Goro (Gigolo) were in the opening, but...Misao was not. sad Ending could be better. It figures that the ending animation is just a bunch of manga pictures like in Fushigi Yuugi.
I wasn't impressed too much by the voice acting. Momo's kinda fits after you listen to it a while. It would have been awesome if they got a more goofy-er voice for Kairi...like Seki Tomokazu could have done a good job. I think I have to see how Sae's voice will be when she starts doing her evil little things and when she turns 2-d.

So, yes...this is my report on the first episode!!! sweatdrop  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces