Star Wars
  Star Trek
  Poll Whore! (Why Am I here?)
View Results

Latti

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:46 pm
Gotham Girlz
Latti
I had the same conversation with many of my friends. Both are good. I prefer Star Trek to star wars but i don't mind star wars. But i hate the show enterprise it just messed up the whole star trek universe.

I like both Star Trek and Star Wars, but for television watching (and I don't do it very often) I prefer Star Trek.

One afternoon I did a trekker afternoon on invitation with a friend: was able to see Trouble with Tribbles [original Star Trek, of course -- after such a loooong time] and Enterprise -- which was a very good installment.

I love Scott Bakula's acting, and the rest of the cast is great, too.

Question: Which is the best Star Trek captain~ James T. Kirk or Jean Luc Picard? or ought I make this a poll question to discuss? heart

Well i like Picard as captain.

Its not Bakula that i have a problem with its a problem with the series fitting into the canon of star trek. I mean we have enough issues attempting to figure out what happened to the kilgions from the OS to TNG. But i did watch a some of it i did like Bakula's acting i liked him from Quantum leap though too.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:25 am
STAR TREK - just about any of the series work for me but I will admit Voyager never really stuck with me much. Liked Next Generation and nothing beats the original Star Trek but I do enjoy the Enterprise series too.

never really like Star Wars even when I saw the original trilogy in the theaters. Wasn't really any more impressed by the latest trilogy. *shrugs* the ewoks are really cute though. Which is really weird since I love most every other Lucas Film out there.  

Queen of the Blue Twins

1,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Purple_turtles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:53 am
One told me of China Roses, User Image
One of thousand nights and one night

As a ickle child, I grew up watching the Star Trek series, I thought it was awesome, I also loved watching the star war movies 4th to 6th xD. But when I got older, they put a new Star trek series on, I disliked it muchly, but I loved the new star wars movies, 1 to 3. So although I love the old star trek, star wars just has to win <3
User Image
Earth's last picture, the end of evening,
Hue of indigo and blue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:11 am
StarTrek is AMAZING!!! My fav captain is Kirk, he is soooooooooo awesome! Picard's okay, but Kirk was butt kicking and could knock someone down in like 2 seconds ^.^ Heck YES!  

Nikaru Ai

Nikaru Ai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:14 am
Queen of the Blue Twins
STAR TREK - just about any of the series work for me but I will admit Voyager never really stuck with me much. Liked Next Generation and nothing beats the original Star Trek but I do enjoy the Enterprise series too.

never really like Star Wars even when I saw the original trilogy in the theaters. Wasn't really any more impressed by the latest trilogy. *shrugs* the ewoks are really cute though. Which is really weird since I love most every other Lucas Film out there.

Yeah, voyager wasn't quite as much of a hit, but I liked it a LOT better than deep space 9... I never realy understood that one. And yes, Enterprise is TOTALY amazing!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:15 am
Latti
Gotham Girlz
Latti
I had the same conversation with many of my friends. Both are good. I prefer Star Trek to star wars but i don't mind star wars. But i hate the show enterprise it just messed up the whole star trek universe.

I like both Star Trek and Star Wars, but for television watching (and I don't do it very often) I prefer Star Trek.

One afternoon I did a trekker afternoon on invitation with a friend: was able to see Trouble with Tribbles [original Star Trek, of course -- after such a loooong time] and Enterprise -- which was a very good installment.

I love Scott Bakula's acting, and the rest of the cast is great, too.

Question: Which is the best Star Trek captain~ James T. Kirk or Jean Luc Picard? or ought I make this a poll question to discuss? heart

Well i like Picard as captain.

Its not Bakula that i have a problem with its a problem with the series fitting into the canon of star trek. I mean we have enough issues attempting to figure out what happened to the kilgions from the OS to TNG. But i did watch a some of it i did like Bakula's acting i liked him from Quantum leap though too.

Kirk kicks ALL butt!!!!!!!!!  

Nikaru Ai

oldercousin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:54 pm
well honestly I have never seen star trek, but I heard it is really good.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:33 am
This is the Debate of the Nerds. there is no other debate among nerds that reach this kind of height. i for one will always and forever be a Star Wars Nerd. i never like Star Trek. Sorry all you Trek fans but I can never be a Trekkie.

_Foxfire_2006_

mccullars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:16 am
love both
but Star Trek is #1

ps
not all Star Trek fans are Trekkies
some are Trekkers  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:07 am
I completely adore both, but I have to say Star Wars just because of Anakin. heart  

Foph

KazenoSango

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:44 am
I have lots of friends who love Star Trek and I can see the appeal of it but I'm a Star Wars girl born and raised. I love Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke, Han, and everyone else.

Though this isn't mentioned here but I also LOVE Battlestar Galactica!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:46 am
I am a fan of both, but Star Wars comes first. I can't wait until the new Star Trek movie though  

cersiesnow

magical_wonton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:51 am
Star wars
star trek is cheesey, creepy, and has too much to do with history
sorry to those who like it, its just my opinion
my history teacher used it to teach us...
he's a treky  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:17 am
i have to say star gate......but that wasn't an option........so i will say star wars because nothing can compete with the force or the old republic's stories.......and yes i have seen star trek and it's quite good........just not as good as stargate.....................................  

sathroe

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Vila113

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:40 am
mccullars
love both
but Star Trek is #1

ps
not all Star Trek fans are Trekkies
some are Trekkers

I'm a Trekkie. There is no such word as Trekker. It was made up by those who thought it would be "kewler" to be called Trekker and it so isn't. If you love Trek they way I love Trek you are a Trekkie. End of story.  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff