Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiger_Paladin

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:08 pm
I play! ^ ^ My specialty is White, especially Angels. I went out and found a copy of every single kind of angel printed for the game and my collection, thus far, is complete. ^ ^ I even made 5 decks:

Angel's Light (W)
This deck is made to freeze up and paralyze anything other than white decks using a combination of Kismet and Crackdown. Annoying Goblin decks with power lower than three? Coat of Arms, baby! SO, not only are your non-white creatures paralyzed, but my Angels are even stronger than before. Not only that, but almost every single creature in that deck is an Angel, so they all have Flying. And with 4 Pearl Medallions in the deck, I can get my Angels out for incredibly cheap. >.< Then before I pull out that combo, I have Wing Shards among other punishment cards similar to that. ^ ^ My friend actually said once: "Wow, I did not know that White was so evil!" ^ ^

Angel's Fire (W/R)
There are two different forms of this deck, and both are type 2 legal.
The first incarnation was a burn deck that was centered around me gaining life, with Searing Meditation to knock off some extra life when my Lightning Helix backhands you. It gets funnier when my Firemane Angels hit the field or the graveyard. razz
The second incarnation takes more patience to play, but if you get the right combination of cards out, it's wonderful to see your opponent's jaw drop. ^ ^ Ever heard of Pact of the Titan? Ever thought of playing that with the Djinn Illuminatis on the field? Let's see...casting cost of 0 to put a 4/4 Red Giant into play. And it's a Sorcery? I'll use my Djinn Illuminatis to replicate it...oh, say, 500 times? Now I have 500 4/4 Giants and it didn't cost me a dime. What's even better, the deck also has Akroma's Memorial, so all your Giants have Haste and can attack before you have to pay the 5 mana for each of the 500 spells you just played. Even if you can't get around to it, the deck also has Platnium Angel and Angel's Grace to prevent you from loosing the turn you lack the funds to pay for your giants. ^ ^

Angel's Resurrection (W/B)
This deck is based totally around two different combinations:
Combo 1) Thought Picker Witch + Adakar Valkyrie + Angel of Despair.
Target the Angel of Despair with the Valkyrie and sacrifice it to the Witch. Not only does your Witch remove cards from the top of your opponent's deck, but your Angel gets to smite something when it comes back. If your lucky enough to get 2 Valkyries on the field, you can start stealing your opponent's creatures!
Combo 2) Teysa, Orzhov Scion + Skeleton Vampire +Twilight Drover
I'm pretty sure many of you that play know this combo already. Sacrifice the bats to the Vamp to get more bats. Since a black creature leaves play, you put out a 1/1 white spirit. Sac 3 white creatures to Teysa, and you remove a pesky creature from the game. Now, with the Twilight Drover in there, watching all these tokens disappear, he gets a +1/+1 counter for every token that leaves play. When you sac a bat, you get a spirit and a +1/+1 counter. The Drover has another ability: Pay 2W and you get 2 more 1/1 white spirits. Add that to the one you get from the bat already, that's three you can sac and remove a creature. The problem is the mana cost, but once you get this combination out, there's very little else your going to be using your mana for.

Angel's Life (W/G)
Life gain deck, all the way. Major combo in this deck? Angelic Chorus + Storm Herd + Coat of Arms. This combo may or may not work, it depends on the thought process. It will definitely work if you have 2 Storm Herds. ^ ^ Anyway, Angelic Chorus says whenever a creature comes into play under your control, you gain life equal to that creature's toughness. Storm Heard says you put a number of 1/1 Pegasus tokens into play equal to your life total. When you have Coat of Arms out, each Pegasi gets +1/+1 for each other Pegasi in play. SO, if you are at 20 life when you play Storm Herd, the Coat of Arms makes them all 20/20s, which would mean that you gain 20 life for each Pegasus. That's 400 life right there. The part that people disagree with is the Coat of Arms and if that takes effect before or after they already come into play. If not, then you still gain 20 life and when you play your second Storm Herd, then they're all 21/21s because there were 20 pegasi in play to begin with. ^ ^

Angel's Wings (W/U)
This is an enchantment deck and it's still in the works. I've got Serra's Sanctum in here which adds W to your mana pool for every enchantment you control when you tap it. Along with this are several Magemarks, mainly the blue ones that allow your creatures to become practically unblockable. This deck was made to make my creatures fly, giving my Pride of the Clouds and Radient, Archangel even stronger. Nothing too special about this deck. Like I said, I'm still working on it. ^ ^;

Those are my decks...sorry if I seemed a little arrogant, I get excited when I talk about my combos. ^ ^;

And yeah...about the titles? I have an Affinity for Angels. >.> Seriously, I make sure that each of my decks has at least one Angel in it. ^ ^; That doesn't make me crazy...does it? O.o  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:29 pm
i play a bit, but nobody will play against me anymore now that i've beefed up my sliver deck. all three legendary slivers in one deck is amazing tho..  

Myth Runekin

Shy Elocutionist

10,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:33 pm
Myth Runekin
i play a bit, but nobody will play against me anymore now that i've beefed up my sliver deck. all three legendary slivers in one deck is amazing tho..

Well, yeah...no seasoned player would face off against a sliver deck of any kind.

In other news, I was able to add Jedit and Jedit's Dragoons to my cat deck ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:49 pm
Well, yeah...no seasoned player would face off against a sliver deck of any kind.

In other news, I was able to add Jedit and Jedit's Dragoons to my cat deck ^_^
yeah, but even i'm afraid of zeubra decks, those things are nasty.

grats! what colors is your cat deck?  

Myth Runekin

Shy Elocutionist

10,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:51 pm
*laughs* I honestly have yet to see a deck like that.

Thanks! It's a green and red deck, with plenty of direct damage and enchantments, alongside the cats ^_^ Though, there is one downside to it...A lot of the stuff is expensive X_X

I have another deck, a horde one, that's red and black, too. Though, I don't play that one very much...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:56 pm
erff, konda's reach FTW.

"horde" deck? sorry, i've been out of the magic circle for a while, what's it got? hellbent stuff?  

Myth Runekin

Shy Elocutionist

10,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:59 pm
A horde deck consists of primarily cheap creatures, usually one or two mana for the casting cost, and some cheap direct damage spells.

They can be pretty nasty if played right.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:11 pm
i see, almost like a burn, but with little fighters instead of DD spells.  

Myth Runekin

Shy Elocutionist

10,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:14 pm
Pretty much. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:41 pm
I had to play against a Horde deck centered around Kobolds. >.< I thought it was funny until I realized most of his creatures cost 0 mana. Not only that, but he had Coat of Arms and some of those Kobold Lords. >.>; I still beat him, but it was tough dealing with those little critters. >.<

Oh, and I hate Slivers with a fiery passion. >.> Yeah, they can all die for all I care. My father had an anti-tribal deck...>.< Now THAT was evil!  

Tiger_Paladin

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200

Cameo Iretey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:40 am
I like the pictures more than anything...a friend gave me all his magic cards(which was A LOT) and I played a bit with them, but not avidly. *shrugs* Might have helped if I had someone to play Magic with. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:44 pm
I know how to play and all but I was never able to put a good deck together, I usually played with some one elses. Love the game, Wish tehre was people aaround me to play  

[Internet Villain]

reaper of shadows

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:42 pm
i still play alot, i have a monk deck that works really well.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:29 am
A monk deck, eh? >.> Aren't they mostly defensive?  

Tiger_Paladin

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200

Daven Moto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:29 pm
Af Mas
Well, seeing as how now Gaia is selling out to Wizards of the Coast, I guess maybe I'll take this opportunity to ask who in the guild plays MTG? There may have been threads in the past, I can't remember, but I'm curious.

I used to play a lot, and I mean a LOT. I never want to anything more than Friday Night Magic to draft or Type 2 (and don't worry about what it means, it's kind of stupid).

Now, not so much. Once in a while I go to FNM just for fun, or just play with friends, but I got out of the tournament thing. Was really not as fun as it could've been

Who else plays? razz

I gave all my cards to my nephews. I accidentally kept a black/green creature deck. Still have it.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff