Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Parent throwing books away. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonLadyFreya

6,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:41 am
Well, while I feel that it is wrong to damage or destroy any book. Your parents kinda get a special privilege if you are under 18 or living under their roof....they get to pick what rules you live by. Trust me, I understand issues with parents and them not being able to cope with Wicca and Paganism.

The thing that I don't understand is why they aren't owning up to what they are doing. Most parents will just tell the kid that they can't have that sort of thing.

I've been through a lot of it. My parents used to think that I should be burned at the stake. It has taken over a year, but now they just don't talk about it...we've essentially come to a point where we agree to disagree... For me I know that is the best I can expect from them....but if you go about it the right way, they may become understanding or supportive.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:20 pm
Pin up`
I'm currently converting to wiccan.

I've got about five freakin books teaching me how, ect.

4 of them are gone.

The only one I have left is, "The Witch Book, The encyclopedia of witchcraft,wicca, and neo-paganism." Written by Raymond Buckland.

No one's admitting to it but I think it's my devoted Christian stepfather who's getting ride of them... possibly burning them.
D'':

Who's always telling me that I'm going to hell and that I worship the devil.

Wtf right?

I try to tell him that wiccans don't even BELIEVE in the frikkin devil.
But dumb a** does'nt ever listen.

ANYWHO, I wanna buy some more books but now I'm unemployed.

Soooo....no money, no books.

I'm thinkin about borrowing money from him to buy MORE books.
BWAHAHAHAHAH.
>=D

Yea that's right.

So anywho, does anyone ever throw away yo stuff that is'nt fancy'ed. o.O by other people because of their religion?

My suggestion; when you do finally buy more books (or replace the ones you lost...but, look for them thoroughly, just in case) I suggest locking them up somewhere safe for when you're not around, or reading them.
Until you can get out from under his roof, you can't do much about it.
I suggest some sort of lockbox, or something you can put a combination lock on (or even a lock with a key).

Same goes for any other Wiccan parephinelia (sp? I usually know the spelling, my brain's blanking out).  

Rebel_Dynasty

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

fire_mistress_fuega

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:31 am
My parents would never do anything like that to me. I'm not too sure if they know whether or not I've started studying Wicca (I think they do, they just don't see the need to acknowledge it), but they donèt go rifling through my room so I'm not worried. Just in case though, I have a special drawer in my room that's dedicated to my books and equipment so I can keep them out of sight.

Getting a lock box would be a good idea, but I wouldn't leave it anywhere your stepfather can find it. It would be a safe bet that he could guess what's in there and get rid of the whole box. Try hiding it under your bed or at the bottom of the closet. Better yet, if there's some where outside that it would be safe, keep it there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:55 pm
fire_mistress_fuega
My parents would never do anything like that to me. I'm not too sure if they know whether or not I've started studying Wicca (I think they do, they just don't see the need to acknowledge it), but they donèt go rifling through my room so I'm not worried. Just in case though, I have a special drawer in my room that's dedicated to my books and equipment so I can keep them out of sight.

Getting a lock box would be a good idea, but I wouldn't leave it anywhere your stepfather can find it. It would be a safe bet that he could guess what's in there and get rid of the whole box. Try hiding it under your bed or at the bottom of the closet. Better yet, if there's some where outside that it would be safe, keep it there.

I never thought about that; sweatdrop I can't believe I missed the concept of someone just getting rid of the whole lock box.  

Rebel_Dynasty

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

superbutt111

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:17 pm
i've never had that problem but my parents don't mind that i am wiccan.. so they don't mind but the getting a box with a lock or hiding it is a good idea  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:21 am
The most objective response to what you need, is a book is written by some wannabe of a most indifferent attitude... an encyclopedia is a reference of experience to be shared... an encyclopedia is really all you need... then you gotta ask yourself... if your dad burned your books, or even threw them away what's the point of rebuying something that fate simply stated in a non-confrontational way that you don't really need at all, and the fun experiment you could do is simply get more from contact... of likeminded and or different individuals... you have an interestingly functional situation you can totally peal back the edges and blossom on your own by your own standereds... the fact would be to depend on the exchange of money to develop your abilit(y)(ies) is less fair to you if you "waste" that money repurchasing something fate had the heart to show you how to not let your curiousities and or intruige become exploited. Spend on zen... increase your zen stock... and the spend of zen... you'll have more to share, and less to gripe about... and you'll have a stronger focus learning your own way and adapting openly versus becoming a recluse of the variety that has no outlet.  

Nahrzak

Diana_Moon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:30 am
I don't have to worry about that happening. My mom is great about it and even buys me books and tarot cards and things like that. She even helped me pick out my pentacle I wear all the time. She's not Wiccan, but she is very supportive.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:35 pm
Pin up`
I'm currently converting to wiccan.

I've got about five freakin books teaching me how, ect.

4 of them are gone.

The only one I have left is, "The Witch Book, The encyclopedia of witchcraft,wicca, and neo-paganism." Written by Raymond Buckland.

No one's admitting to it but I think it's my devoted Christian stepfather who's getting ride of them... possibly burning them.
D'':

Who's always telling me that I'm going to hell and that I worship the devil.

Wtf right?

I try to tell him that wiccans don't even BELIEVE in the frikkin devil.
But dumb a** does'nt ever listen.

ANYWHO, I wanna buy some more books but now I'm unemployed.

Soooo....no money, no books.

I'm thinkin about borrowing money from him to buy MORE books.
BWAHAHAHAHAH.
>=D

Yea that's right.

So anywho, does anyone ever throw away yo stuff that is'nt fancy'ed. o.O by other people because of their religion?

"The Witch Book, The encyclopedia of witchcraft,wicca, and neo-paganism." Written by Raymond Buckland.

i have that book but i know i just got stopped by someone like your father telling me that i am damn to hell b/c i have sinned and turned my back on jesus and God.

so i keep all of my books hidden all away from everyone. each book in a different spot  

Rain_Goddess

Sweet Fairy

15,100 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Rain_Goddess

Sweet Fairy

15,100 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:37 pm
Diana_Moon
I don't have to worry about that happening. My mom is great about it and even buys me books and tarot cards and things like that. She even helped me pick out my pentacle I wear all the time. She's not Wiccan, but she is very supportive.

i'm happy for you, my mother won't even hear me out. she does not even let me explain anything to her  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:30 pm
my mom is ok biggrin with it my dad not so much sad  

darkdagers

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:37 pm
i dont have to worry about my parents throwing books away... my dad lives with his mom, my mom keeps wanting to borrow my books >.< and i live with my grandma who goes to an interfaith curch so she's cool with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:12 am
I have a crap-ton on PDF... harder for parents to find.. harder to get rid of. >_> Not that I need worry about that, but for me it's just helluva easier to burn a CD and slip it into my CD cases and take it with me where ever.

PDFs, for the most part, are also cheaper, and way nicer to the environment.  

Kitanya_Rose

Diana_Moon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:44 am
Rain_Goddess
Diana_Moon

i'm happy for you, my mother won't even hear me out. she does not even let me explain anything to her

Don't let it bother you. you should just do what makes you happy no matter what people think about it. My best friend is very Christian and doesn't approve, but thankfully we've come to an agreement to not bring up religion.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:48 pm
I usually check out wicca books from the library, and then my parents can't destroy them. ^^ But, my parents don't really care if I practice wicca. My sister said to me, "I don't care what you do with wicca, as long as you don't conjure up anything you can't control." I do love her very much, and even with that, I do not believe that there are any spells to summon anything.  

Devil_Heart_Cry

Suelette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:41 am
I've just moved house with my family and today we were unpacking more boxes and my mum uncovered my stuff, eep.
it had my foundations of magic book which I could explain away as Salem witch trials history but then she found 'rocking the goddess, campus wicca for the student practitioner' ....heh, not good, she only threw away my wiccan necklace that my friend just got me from New Zeleand, but I got it back blaugh  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games