Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doom27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:13 am
Ok heres one, costume was done awhile back, i put it on last night, and its tight as all get out, i managed to get into it, but i decided i have 2 weeks til otakon to get in shape. I've been gaining weight in my tummy pretty fast lately, i'd say mainly to the fact i drink about 10 beers a day... my job involves me sitting around all day, and my new gf feeds me constantly... I decided to eat 1 microwavable burrito for lunch today instead of three, (they are small) and when i get off work everyday my girlfriend and i will go walking / jogging, then when we get back exercise bike, and situps. Sound good? Mainly cutting the amount i eat. I'm about 130 lbs.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:31 pm
I weighed myself in yesterday, and hooray! I've lost five pounds since my first post in this thread.

Also, while the weather's nice I'm going to try to swim laps regularly. That should help out a bunch too.  

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

Miss Chi Marie

6,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:06 am
I'm like 160 pounds,but I need to get down to like 130. I want to be in shape in time for the New York Anime Festival in October. I've been trying to count my calories and stop eating sweets. I've been drinking more water and trying to drink only one glass of juice per day. As for exercise, DDR is helping. (I try to do about a half hour because it's good cardio.) I try to get on the eliptical for about 15-20 minutes as well. I want a flat stomach,but how am i supposed to work my abs properly? I hate that little pouch thingy....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:26 pm
PROGRESS: Got moved to a store further away from home.
So I've been trying to walk at least part of the way home from work if its not super late. C:

Eating too much junk food though. D: Need to cut down.
Its hard to get back into good eating habbits after conventions  

Raya Kioma

Trash Witch

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:41 pm
About a week or two ago, my mom basically, accidently put us on an asian diet. For the most part anyways. We'd have all sorts of asian meals for dinner. Stir fries, rices, and asian noodles. Yum! The dinners also sort of influenced our appetites, so we started eating a bit healthier for the other meals too.

By doing this, she got us to eat more veggies and fruits. And some meat too! We'd fill up on rice first, mostly, and eat our vegetables, and guys, I think this is the first time I haven't just gained muscle, and not lost fat. I don't know what I weight right now, but I know I definitely look thinner, and I feel better too.

Lol, (this isn't meant to be offensive to anyone, just a conversation we had!) and yesterday we discussing how we were eating like asians, and I say, "Yeah, but we aren't eating rice at every meal." My mom sighs and said, "I wish we were..."

Some hope for the future? Awesome!

....We're hispanic by the way xD

I better be off, I need to finish a couple cosplays!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:37 pm
Anybody have any advice on shrinking? I am not kidding I am super tall and need to beshorter for my cosplays... as for the weight thing I am losing fat like crazy... especially in my thighs but it returns as muscle! What do I do? My legs are now to muscular for the pants I bought a couple months ago for cosplay?! eek At least with fat I could slightly manipulate it... anyway I have been dancing nonstop and I am going to continue that. Hopefully in two years you will see me on pointe at a convention. I really suggest dancing and not just ddr though that does help sometimes I am talking about full on ballet minus the pointe work. The stretches for it alone will begin to shape your body plus the added bonus of the ballet moves to go with it. Your legs will shrink in no time unless your like me and had no muscle before... but you may want to learn to control your dance time so you don't work your legs to the extreme. Your chest and belly fat will fall at a slower rate but eventually you will be in those perfect cosplay sizes whatever they are  

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:56 pm
Swimming twice a day and belly dancing randomly for two minutes throughout the day has gottenme to lose 1 inch around my waist and my back looks thinner too. Miraculously however, I have gained like fifteen pounds since I last was on here and all my other measurements are the same as the last time I was on here, including my height.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:58 pm
I have been working out at least 30 minutes every morning stopped drinking soda, I eat more meat now, try to eat more fish when I can. I always liked veggies so no problem for me there. Started lifting 20lbs of weights for about 2 weeks now. My abs are starting to show, hoping that by November I will have the full 6 or at least a noticeable 4. ^^  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

lilith_loituma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:46 pm
Haha, it's been a while since I posted here (or been on gaia >_>' ) Well, I'm about halfway towards my goal. I'm aiming for 120-ish lbs and I'm 5' 4"/ 18 years old. Wow, I haven't been on for a while (.__.') Err, I'm at 133lbs right now and pretty much stuck there. I think I'm pretty stable on my eating habit, but really need to work on toning and such. Any advice on that? (^_^')

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:18 pm
teachanan
Haha, it's been a while since I posted here (or been on gaia >_>' ) Well, I'm about halfway towards my goal. I'm aiming for 120-ish lbs and I'm 5' 4"/ 18 years old. Wow, I haven't been on for a while (.__.') Err, I'm at 133lbs right now and pretty much stuck there. I think I'm pretty stable on my eating habit, but really need to work on toning and such. Any advice on that? (^_^')
do some cardio, it seems to be working out for me, sit-ups, crunches stuff like that  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

lilith_loituma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:17 pm
@K master of flames: Okay, thanks~

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:44 am
Man, why is it so dead here?  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:12 am
Hypocritical Persecution
Man, why is it so dead here?

I don't know. :C

/gives guild CPR
Come back to life!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:38 am
Woah... It's been a long time since I've been here...

Erm... I don't even remember when I last posted here and I'm *way* too lazy to go back and check but I thought I might as well give an update. I've gained quite a bit (Though... My life the past year or so has been the cause of it) and I've recently decided to get back to trying.

My current weight is 240 and I hope to get to 160 by Comic Con 2012 which is in July. Won't happen but it's a goal either way. The reasoning for this is because I'm working towards cosplaying Castor/Zeus from Tron: Legacy and it's a want high enough to warrant a severe change in body.

The main problem I have is I'm quite a night owl so I end up watching things at night out of boredom and I seem to constantly have the munchies. I've been trying to get my hands on healthier choices to much on (such as carrots) but anytime I do, it just doesn't' satisfy my craving x-x I'm also starting to thing eating healthy amounts of normal food just isn't going to do anything. My mother works for Jenny Craig and has been for the past 5 years... but the only problem with that is I've lived with it so long, I'm starting to hate it. =/ There are plenty of choices-- just none that I like.

Lastly, this thread needs to come back alive. x-x

FatalCosplays

Timid Vampire

10,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:23 pm
ok my progress, I let soda back into my life but i only drink it once or twice a week. I don't work out any more but I still walk to plenty of places. I maintained my weigh. But I don't have abs any more. Which I am ok with, but I hope to get them back soon by July for another version of my cosplay (Ryohei from Reborn) my friends want me to do a shirtless version with boxing shorts instead of my mobster suit one.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff