Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:00 pm
User Image
User Image

Ryn entered the great hall and looked around at the vast room. She was mesmerized and might have stopped walking had Kaera not been urging her forward. All the students were sitting at their tables, one for each house. There was a long table with what I assumed to be was teachers at the other end of the room. Just in front of them was a stool with a old looking hat placed on it. Next to it was a quite attractive teacher, again she was assuming since he was older, and he held parchment in his hand. With a deep breath she approached him.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm nice but a bit hard headed and tend to do what I think is right. I am loyal to my friends and would do anything to help someone in need. I tend to take action, before thought, but it usually works out in the end. I get my self in to some hard times but its always my friends that help me fight through it!

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kaera walked into the Great Hall with the other first years, looking around in awe. The upperclassmen were all seated at their respective tables, which would have made Kaera uneasy except she was too enthralled with the ceiling above. It was astounding, reflecting the brilliance of the night sky they traveled under to get here. Ryn must have been busy staring too, because she paused in front of her. Kaera gave her a gentle push, urging her forward with a smile. Finally, the first years had gathered up at the front and before them stood a stool with an ancient hat atop it. A man, whom she assumed was a professor, stood beside the stool holding a long list of some sort. Kaera held her breath. This was it. The beginning of her new future.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm strong-willed and passionate, though I can be a bit hard-headed at times. My friends are my foundation and you can bet I will do anything for them, even if it means risking my life. I tend to live life on the edge, and because of that I often find myself in some sticky situations. I guess this comes from my rebellious nature. Shy is something you will never hear someone describe me as. I will usually be the first to strike up a conversation when meeting someone new and I am loyal to and will defend those I surround myself with.

User Image  

Rechosia

XThe Lily Of The ValleyX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Jane Butler
First Year

Jane walked into the Great Hall, standing near Alys Abrams. "Looks like you're going to be first, Alys. Good luck. What house did you want to be in again?" She whispered, giving an encouraging smile. Her last name being 'Butler', it was likely that she would go almost after Abrams. Looking out over the Great Hall, she felt nervous and shy in front of so many people. It's not like you have to sing or act or play an instrument in front of an audience, Janey. You just have to sit there and have a hat placed on your head and that's that. Still, it would be the House she would be in for the next seven years. What if she hated it? Staring at the hat, Jane chuckled quietly. It had probably been sorting for a hundred years, at least, from the way it looked. Surely something that had been doing its job for so long would know what it was doing.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm rather inclined to speak my mind. It may come off as arrogance (which sometimes, it is), but honestly, it's because I don't think before I speak. In terms of courage, I'd have to say I have to think the choices over before I rush head-in to a somewhat dangerous situation. That being said, I'm not exactly what everyone would call 'a leader', I would definitely be more on the side of leader's consultant. As in, I'm fine with making decisions, I like making decisions, but I don't want to be the one to broadcast them. Does that make sense? I'm sorry, sometimes I really stick my foot in my mouth...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:28 pm
Moshe Yitzchaki
User Image

Moshe made his way into the great all and stared transfixed at the room."זה יפה מאוד." He whispered staring at the starry sky. It looked so real. What a site. Making his way up front he stood in front of a tall man with long black hair and a beat up looking hat. That hat had defiantly seen better days.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm hard working- but not really smart, I am also very friendly but not always trusting, I am calm and it is not easy to get me angry however when I am angry you do not want to be the person I am angry with.  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:55 pm
User ImageCAMILLE CALDWELLFIRST YEAR
Camille edged through the doors of the Great Hall, heart pounding as if it wanted out of her chest. She clutched Freckles tightly, letting him comfort her. Her eyes grew wide as she took in her surroundings. Hundreds of cloaked students sat at long tables divided into sections, and ironically, they all seemed to be looking directly at her. It took longer than necessary, but Camille overcame her short spurt of stage fright. She raised her head and made her way to the front of the hall, where a group of first years had started to gather. They stood before a tall, handsome man with sleek black hair, his skin as pale as the moon that shone on the magnificent ceiling above them. Next to the man sat a tattered old hat upon a short wooden stool. She recognized this as the talking hat which her family had spoke of in many stories of their days at Hogwarts. It doesn't look like it's capable of speaking... Oh, well. "Here goes nothing." Camille breathed, stroking her miniature kitten between the ears.

People say that, in a nutshell,
I'm very much like a closed book. However, I've come to notice that the people who make these judgements, are the people who are just too busy to open me up and read me. I come from a long line of Gryffindors. However, my parents have always teased me for my intelligence. Said I would be the first one in the family to be crowned Ravenclaw. I take great pride in what I know, so this never bothered me. Though from what I've heard, the brains of a Gryffindor are never lacking, either.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:55 pm
User Image

The Deputy Headmaster was standing at the front of the room next to a stool upon which sat a tatty old hat. Nott was walking quickly, even weaving through the others to get to the front. His brow was scrunched in consternation.

What is that? That isn't a Sphinx that stares into your soul and quizzes you for your bravery and character. ...I'm going to murder her. My mum is such a liar.

But his confusion and flash of irritation didn't last long as he let out a short burst of laughter. He had inherited his sense of humor and mischief from his mother. He should have known that she would torture him with anxiety about this upcoming test, only to surprise him in the end. Which made it all the funnier that he had tried to torture Alexander down at the docks with an exaggerated story about what Sorting would entail. In the end he had not known either.

But a slight bit of relief seeped through him but a new sense of wonder as well. Well now, what will they do with this ratty old thing?

Nott let his eyes sweep the room that he had just powerwalked through. The first thing that drew is eyes was the ceiling. 'Oh bloody hell. How did I not notice that on the way in?' He spent some time studying the edges of the walls to make sure that it wasn't an open air room, but merely an enchanted ceiling.

Then he looked round to the tables. Aside from the house colors, he couldn't decern a great deal of difference. Granted the Slytherin table gave off that slightly haughty and hostile vibe that he liked. There was something about knowing that you were better than everyone else... Nott wanted to resist that sort of thinking, but he occassionally lapsed. The way that Slytherins went after what they wanted, it impressed him. The tales of it anyway.

Of course he had heard the same thing about the Gryffindors. His eyes finding their colors. Something in him wanted to be there. The way they prided bravery and adventure appealed to the same within him. But their high code of honor...A part of him wanted to be worthy of that. To be respected for good acts and of high moral character.

Glancing over, he spotted the Ravenclaw table. That was where both of his parents had sat during their years here. And from that he could derive how not everyone in a house was a carbon copy of the other. His mother had certain qualities that reminded him of a Gryffindor, and his father the same of a Slytherin. But evidently their strong dedication to their arts won out in the selection.

Hufflepuff was a grand little house. But he feared that he didn't have the constantly sunny disposition for it. One of his favorite Quidditch players on the Cannons was a former Hufflepuff and since then he had a new respect for the badgers.

And full circle he came to stare at the hat again. How could this old, nasty bit of cloth and leather know him better than he knew himself? Truly, it must be magic, he thought with a smile.

Soon enough his name echoed through the hall.

"NOTTINGHAM MCNAIR."

He felt a sense of greatness and importance as he strode forth to the stool. Turning to take his seat, a wry smile came across his face. First night here and all the ladies have their eyes glued to me.

In truth everyone in the hall was watching each and every first year be Sorted. But Nott's ego would not hear such reasoning.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit o'handful. I am very active, loud and rough, but what boy isn't? The problem is I'm rather tall and well built for a boy of eleven so I tend to be a bit too hard on my friends. But I don't mean it. I'm good natured and always up for a laugh. I suppose I have trouble taking things seriously.I do have somewhat of a dark side, probably coming from my father's pureblood pride. But I don't believe my parents define me.

Garden of Wisteria

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 pm
User Image
Nicole stood up in front of everyone ready to find out where she would be spending her next seven years of school. The red haired girl took a deep breath and waited patiently for her name to be called.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm She is incredibaly sweet. She will loan out anything if someone asks politely for it. She is also kind and compassionate.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:09 pm
User Image
~Taylor Greene~
~First Year~

Taylor Looked around the great hall at the various tables and at her fellow first years that were getting sorted. Hey, that girl from the boat's getting sorted. She looked up at the Ceiling and gasped.. It's obviously magic, but it's still amazing....
----
Taylor looked at the Sorting hat. "Let me get this straight...what House we're in Is decided by an old HAT? Taylor grumpily sat down on the stool her eyes closed and arms crossed.

---

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Aloof. I'm also very intelligent, and I'm proud of it! I also use sarcasm a lot. And I tend to yell a lot, especially when I'm confused or frustrated. I have a nice side, though, but it takes a lot for me to show it to you. If you manage to get me to, I'll be sure to have your back if you need help.

Stargazing Sketcher

Loyal Bard

13,675 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Lupus et lux lunaris

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:11 pm
User Image
Malady Hoiden stood just behind Moshe. She looked at her fellow first years with hardly veiled disdain, before glaring at the ratty headgear. Unlike some of the others, she wasn't nervous, she was disgusted. I can't believe they-- I can't believe I am letting my potential rest in the non-existent hands of a shoddy old cap. 'I know who I am' , she wanted to shout. And I am generally read wrong.
After all,people say that, ultimately, I am egocentric, stubborn, and distrusting. I believe that they don't care enough about themselves; their resolve, for their own opinions and morals, is flimsy; and that their reckless trust in others will be their demise.

" Hoiden, Malady," the professor called.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:24 pm
Charlotte Victus Claremont
was waiting. For all she had been told of the process, it had clearly been changed since the last time. However she didn't mind the wait. It gave her time to think. Time she badly needed, since despite her calm appearance. She was in truth bubbling with nerves and excitement. Taking a deep breath, she glanced around the room as the first person was called.

Clearly, I'm a little afraid of the dusty old hat. Alright let narrow down the possibilities, I can't possible fit into all of these house...so, we should start with the right, she glanced over to the far right table. Gryffindor, if she was correct. All of them gave off an air of energy and spirits. You know...I think I'm a coward, plus I never looked good in red. Another sign of cowardliness...or not. Okay so not ruled off, just move on.

She glanced at the table to her immediate right, guessing from the blue and bronze on the older students ties. She knew that they were the Ravenclaw table. Looking them over in a quick scan, Just as I thought...not only are they smart looking, but also good looking. How do they do it? I know that according to legend Rowena Ravenclaw was a beauty, but...that means it is impossible. I'm not pretty enough! NOOOO!

Bemoaning this fact, since pretty people by defluat would look good in any color and in her opinion she wasn't good in red. She turned her attention to the next house. Hufflepuff, by the yellow and black of the older students ties, I know it is rude, but that name really does remind me of Jigglypuff. I wonder if any of them sing...do people sleep when they do? Note to self, do not insult possible future house.

Taking another steading breath, she heard another name called. She quickly gulped down the rest of the breath. Turning her mind away from the awful game of 'Guess When Your Name Will Called', she glanced over to a table set with stony face, serious, and almost nobility snobbish looking folks. She figured this was Slytherin, though none of them looked evil as she had come to figure them to be, In fact they just look their only vice is arrogance. Maybe they looked kinder before the hat...push that absurd idea out of your head right now Charlotte Victus Claremont, hats can't make people evil...not normal hats?

She closed her eyes for a moment, Well, true...but if they were evil...than the hat would know. Or maybe they are slowly becoming evil by sitting at the Slytherin table and going to the Slytherin common room. Thus by default being evil...I don't want to be evil...

"Charlotte Clarmont"

Well, I would say I'm pretty far from evil, in all truth. Despite my mean spirited thoughts at time, Charlotte thought as she made her way towards the stool. Feeling her nerves trying to take her again she continued down the same line of thought. In fact. Most people say that in a nut shell, I'm...

...way too sarcastic, though in a kind caring kinda way. Which I don't believe, in my opinion, I'm opinionated. There is a difference, outside of the 's' verse 'o' beginnings. They also say that thankfully I was taught enough manner to know when to hold my sarcasm, really it my opinions, in. However they say that I can contort my face in such that I give my thoughts away...so I might as well just say them. Outside of my true virtures, my mother claims I'm a kind, caring, determined, overly bookwormish (so not a word), and open. Which, according to her, is how I should be consider that I was raised by her.

And quite long winded apparently, she added as she placed herself on the small stool waiting for the hat to drop.

Mellow Magpie

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:39 pm
"Amazing" she breathed. The Great Hall was everything that it was named for and more. The ceiling was a perfect replica of the clear frostbitten night outside and was accentuated by the candles that floated above the long tables situated in perfect equidistance in the middle of the room.

She felt the gaze of the cloaked students at the tables rest upon her. Standing up straighter she looked back upon them, butterflies in her stomach. Normally, stage fright was not a factor, but for whatever reason it was present with her tonight. The students were obviously sitting with their own houses, each giving of a sense of unity no matter independent each of the students themselves were.

Following the line of first years to the front of the hall seemed like it took years and her patience was running out. Let's just get this over with already.

User Image

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm mysterious, curious, and eager to learn as much as I can, even if it will get me into a bit of trouble. Most people do not know what drives me, and I do my best to keep it a secret.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:55 pm
User Image

Alexander Greyson
1st Year

Alex entered the Great Hall, in line with the others. He looked around for Charlotte and Nott, but saw that they were a little distance away from him. Then he noticed the ceiling. His mum had told him about it, but it hadn't prepared him for how beautiful it really was. That the stars were out only added to the magical feel of the room.

"Oh, wow!" Xander said aloud, then blushed. He had said that louder than he had meant to.

When he saw the hat brought out, he was surprised, and a little disappointed. Oh, it was just as simple as to put on a hat. He had run through all of his knowledge for nothing. All of the time he had spent doing his research was for nothing. Well, at least this was easier.

"Greyson, Alexander."

Oh crap. It was his turn. He stepped forward, and sat down on the stool and the hat was placed on his head.

'Oh, I hope I'm in Ravenclaw. But I suppose that Hufflepuff wouldn't be bad.' he thought to himself.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stubborn, logical, curious, artistic, and very, very, intelligent. Studying and learning new things always makes me happy. I love discovering new things. I act rather distant, but that is until I get to know you, then I become rather goofy. I am faithful to my friends, and won't have you badmouthing them. When around people I like, I am loud and laugh easily. I am impulsive, and at the same time, I analyze a situation before jumping in. My mouth often gets me into trouble. Animals like me for some reason, and I love them back.

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:35 pm
Kakatary
Spazcatking
Tyler couldn't sit still he just wanted to be sorted

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm kind, brave, and caring.
Often gets into trouble. He can also be really random and
hyper

Once placed onto Tyler's head, the Sorting Hat squinted his eyes, as if searching for something. The hat tilted this way and that way, looking for any clues to this boy's mind, "I already know where you'd be best in... Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindor table hollered with pride as another joined their ranks.

((I was previously sorted before I had to quit the guild I was told I won't have to be sorted again))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:34 pm
User Image
Kevin had been the last one to actually arrive where the first years were gathered. He had a book with him which is why he had been among the last to enter, he easily got sucked into a book. He noticed his sister wait there looking nervous and put his hand gently on her shoulder. "here we go."

People say that, in a nutshell:, I'm a gentle guy who really doesn't like to harm a fly. He's incredibaly quiet and tends not to speak unless he is spoken to or has something very improtant to say. Not really being much of a group person, this young wizard can be found in his room reading or in the library in search of a new book. Once one gets past his quietness and crowd evasiveness one finds a friendly guy who is willing to give everyone as many chances as they need but don't take this wrong he is no push over.  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 pm
♚Malcolm Dundas♚

User Image

Malcolm stood beside Mariella as they walked into the Great Hall, their eyes wandering on the elder students' faces. He grew a liking on her, the way her speech was direct, and she was stunningly pretty. As the teacher called out his name, he frowned and walked over to the stool, hoping to be in Slytherin and the same house as Mariella.

"People say that, in a nutshell, I'm cunning, resourceful, serious, cold, dull, reserved, calm and I like leadership. Father says I belong into Slytherin, where he once lived. We’ve got a tradition in our family that says that every male of the Dundas family are sorted into Slytherin, and trust me, I won’t break that tradition."

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games