Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Slytherin Common Room
Slytherin Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have your password?
Yes! Right here!
58%
 58%  [ 49 ]
No, I lost it D:
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
I stole someone's password >:D
33%
 33%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 84

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:22 pm
User Image

Blaire absorbed William's story for a moment. "Phinelia? Seems...uncharacteristic for her. Was she provoked?" He questioned, more concerned with the other students' perceptions than with the actual truthfulness of his cousin's claims, which the glass-eyed blonde was certain were false. The Gryffindor was obviously Colton, the Hufflepuff - probably Jane. The repercussions of starting a fire in the school would be severe, and of the four, Phinelia seemed the least-likely. "Was it just the four of you in the dungeons?" Blaire's musical tone betrayed no emotion, or interest in the subject, even, as if the pair were discussing something as mundane as the weather.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:45 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...
User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

First year, Slytherin

User Image

A pause lingered, the frigid damp air seeped past his skin easily enough and struck his bones with ferocity- and he was grateful when the black robes emblazoned with the bullmastiff on its every detail had inflated to secure his warmth, it was as if fur had suddenly grown inside. "Maybe." Eyes of frigid gold sat on the fire across the room.

"I was with Woil," he finally stated after a breath of a pause. "Was going to practice magic in an empty class- I hit the door- the door hit her-

"And she attacked me with bloody pidgeons."
It was at this that he finally exerted a trace of anger, and frustration. "Mad, craven, bloody pidgeons- oh, and if that wasn't worse, there was another person-

"Merlin, I can't remember the blokes' name, Rode- Roy- the bloody eccentric Hufflepuff-" After a time, Tay pushed himself up right, and scooted to the edge of his seat to allow his feet the sustenance of the dungeon floor. "You haven't seen a prefect, have you?"

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: Slight punctures from pecking birds
Thoughts:'Bloody feathers..'
╚══════════════╝

User Image

..even heroes know when to be scared.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Little, if any, effort had been wasted as the young vibrant blonde with eyes green and as pale as misted haze. She stood an inch above the five foot but carried herself with monumental grace; hair like glittering gold bounced in loose and lazy curls on this frigid winter weekend afternoon, and to her surprise, not another soul could be found within the dimly lit stone wall chamber of the Slytherin Common Room. Arched windows allowed a translucent stream of glazed green to encrypt a foreboding ambiance, and it did little to soothe comforts with the threat of dust, grime, and looming cobwebs. Annabelle Emery Rich sifted past the trick door with the ease of the password and immediately collapsed on a black leather arm chair which had nearly engulfed her like quick sand. Almost at once, the bounding shadow of a feline had trotted back and forth under leg chairs and between desks until the half kneazle gracefully leapt onto the lap of the young blonde girl. ”There you are Lady, not getting into trouble I hope.” She cooed as diligent fingers grazed over the soft fur of her companion.

After a moment of relaxation, Belle couldn’t concentrate on anything other than where her house mates were, after all, there was supposed to be hundreds in the school, how could she be alone?

Desires: Sweets
Troubles: Loneliness

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:28 pm
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...
User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Second Year, Slytherin

User Image

He had found himself perched atop a plush leather arm chair, as deep and green as his vision for ambitions grew. He waited, but not alone, the constant chatter of the four closely knit group that his cousin, Blaire Frost, had kept himself within. But he was only there, with them, for careful reasons, it kept him from appearing to suspicious, their chatter could dominate any room, and their eyes made for good witnesses. He twirled a pocket watch in his as he waited for Belle to arrive.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries:
Desires: …My Book
╚══════════════╝

User Image

..even heroes know when to be scared.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:24 am
My life is so cold
User Image

When Annabelle finally dragged her black Mary Janes shoes across the grungy cobblestone floors of the dungeon corridors into the common room, she didn’t seem very pleased. Lines of doubt and worry were etched into her soft and demure features, Belle’s angelic aura pulsated with something tragic and wicked and enslaved. She had only just retreated from her endeavor across the quidditch stands with her new friend, Devin, but now she was subjugated to the figures of her past. Shrouded beneath the shadows, Belle spotted the silhouette of the tiny boy with larger than life dreams and clutched in Belle’s hands were the notes of parchment she had stolen from the two second years only several hours ago. As she approached, she was surprised to hear his voice call out first, it was unlike him, or at least from what she could recall because the boy had always been very eerily quiet.

”I’ve been waiting.” The voice of William Dante Nott the Third drawled with a dominating tone.

”I did it.” Belle chimed quickly, hoping to cut him off before she began to realize just how much he had changed. ”Nobody suspects a thing…” Belle confirmed, but the daunting image of Devin Cloud flooded her thoughts at once, but she quickly tried to shake the paranoia away, change the subject, and hand over Jane and Allen’s notes. ”What are you going to do with them?”

”I’m not going to do anything with them, you are.” Golden eyes flashed as he rose from his seat at a round table in a dark corner, a book in his possession. ”Everything you need to know is on page three hundred five.” And then, just like that, the short auburn haired boy thrust the book, and the parchment of notes into her hands, briskly turning to leave.

”Wait—“ Belle cried quietly, wary of the eyes and ears located throughout the expansive dungeon room. ”What about my family?”

He turned on his heel with a sneer so arrogant; Belle was forced to muster up every ounce of patience and pride to restrain herself from berating him in hysterics. His hand shifted and dove into his pocket, a velvet coin purse emerged and he tossed it into the air with callous negligence. ”There’s more where that came from.” With a smirk, tainted on his lips he tossed the coin purse to her feet and spun on his heel placing his back to Belle, but he threw one last glance over his shoulder to spew out one last remark as he departed. “Be expecting an owl from me.”

Belle hadn’t reached for the bag, the jingle of coins rustled in the air as it fell directly by her shoes, and all she could do was stand there, fists clenched around the book, and her heart pounding. With one glance around the room, to assure no one was watching, she dropped down to swipe up the coin purse and shoved it into her robe pocket before she hurried towards the girls dormitories, nearly in tears.
Desires: Safety
Troubles: Family…

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:44 pm
Devin's beautiful, purebred white owl made its way down the twisting hallways with a package in its sharp talons. Voltaire had grown tired of carrying the load and could not wait to finally reach his destination...Annabelle Rich...the girl he saw much of during the summer...the girl that fed him that delicious snack. Soon enough, he arrived at the door. Fortunately for him, one of the Slytherins was going in; so he just flew right in. He found his way to the familiar blond, who was sitting down on the couch, and dropped the big package in her lap. He landed next to her with a note in his beak that read...

Dear Belle,

Happy Valentines day! I'm sorry I didn't get to see much of you on this beautiful day, but I am very, very much busy with work. I have extra readings for Transfiguration and all that good stuff...But, don't believe I forgot about you. Voltaire and I would like to bestow upon you a gift...a gift that I know you would like. At least I hope you like it, I paid a fortune for it.

Devin Anthony Cloud

In the package was none other than the latest nimbus, not even in stores yet. He paid his brother Josh Cloud to help him get it. You could not get a better broom at the moment.  

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:30 pm
Second year, Slytherin
My life is so cold
User Image

Belle had been sprawled across the deep set leather sofa directly across the fireplace, her school robes and uniform vest discarded to the side leaving her in a white blouse and gray skirt as she thumbed through the pages of an astronomy book, her worst subject. She hadn’t at all realized that Valentine’s Day had passed, she had had her own set of worries to attend too, most of which, involved making new friends. She needed to, if she was ever going to get William Nott off of her back. Flipping the page, she had hardly noticed when a student entered the common room, and following him, was an owl who dropped to her side with a swish of wind.

”Voltaire?” The name left her lips as she sat up, taking the gift and the note that it held hastily. Ordinarily, she would have found the time to feed the faithful bird, but when she saw the gift, the shape, the wrapping. She already knew what it was.

Ripping it open, her eyes sparkled with a magnificent gleam, carefully handling the broom as if in fear it might disappear. ”Oh my—“ She breathed in awe, her fingers grazing against the Nimbus outline with care. One thought flooded her mind now, and one thought only.

Devin, and how she might ever repay his kindness. Giddy, ecstatic steps lifted her to her feet, soaring her out of the common room in hopes of finding Devin.

Desires: Sincerity
Troubles: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:15 pm
Second year, Slytherin
My life is so cold
User Image

Half a semester had nearly gone by, and Annabelle couldn’t help but feel a heavy weight in her heart as she thought of Hildy, her friend from her first year. She hadn’t been able to contact her for the past two years, and, each time she sent an owl, the poor creature only returned tired, and perturbed. She smacked her lips, a horrible habit she had accumulated over the years whenever she was lost in thought. And, she couldn’t help but realize how distant she had been ever since she lost her friend.

With a new found determination set, her pale green misted eyes danced across the common room, eager to spot any curious figure of her past that she had met once or twice before. Or, even a lone wandering first year, eager for a chance to acquaint herself with another being rather than another loathsome book. Her kneazle hadn’t been much help; the young feline had disappeared all year, much to Belle’s alarm.

Desires: Perfection

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:31 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

Having some free time and not finding out with Evie had likely ducked to, Rhea found her block uneventful as all get out. She'd tried reading some required school books in her dorm, though it was to no avail. Such downtime activities just weren't her thing. What she needed was some air or some interactive. As far as enjoying the outdoors, she was pretty sure some other house had the quidditch pitch right now for practice or something, and without her mom sending her a broom yet she really had no use for the pitch. There were the gardens, but those were boring and she'd rather watch paint chip than watch some flowers grow.

However, she could always just linger in the common room and see who she'd meet. As she'd only really met those from the quidditch tryouts and 2 other first years, she amount of familiar faces in house was lacking. Sure, she knew she wouldn't meet everyone, but she'd at least like to have more than 2-3 friends here.

So deciding upon her afternoon activity, she left the dorms and entered the common room to see what was going on with her fellow snakes. Hopefully nothing that would get her into too much trouble already, but hopefully nothing boring like a study group as well. Looking around as she came in, she really was disappointing in the amount of students congregating. As it was, she only really saw Annabelle from tryouts. Inwardly groaning at the prospect of spending an afternoon with someone who'd already rubbed her the wrong way, she had to admit, hanging out with her would at least make her time more interesting.

Deciding to walk over to the girl, she spoke from behind her back as before, "Hey Annabelle, what are you up to in here? Studying?" She thought she'd at least check over the dull things like that before she invested too much time in. No point in making small talk if it'd only lead to potions work years ahead of her skill.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:47 pm
Second year, Slytherin
My life is so cold
User Image

Her vision circled after every minute, witnessing the dismal green ambiance cast by the shadowy lake that hung ominously through the windows overhead, barely allowing even a ribbon of sunshine to leak through into the otherwise dark and dreary common room. The crackling of the open fire on the hearth, and the rippling effect of shadows on the wall from the lit torches did well to ease the mind, but, it did, ease the essence of elusiveness into mind. The first stir of mismatched coloring occurred at the stairwell from the girls’ dormitories.

”Sort of,” her flawless British tongue clicked behind white pearls. ”Reading up on quidditch formations, flying—can hardly consider that studying, but, it’s the only thing worth reading about anyway…” Though it didn’t matter, she lied, pristinely. There was plenty worth studying, all of which had nothing to do with their classes, but the mysterious going-ons of the castle surrounding them.

”How has your first year been so far? None too boring, I hope?”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

She paused for a moment, mulling over the fact that her reply was not the sharp one as earlier. Maybe they'd just gotten off on a poor start, she wondered. A bit apprehensively she replied, "None too boring really. Some of the subjects aren't as captivating to me as others," It was no lie, though nothing in comparison to her usual tone.
Crossing over to face the girl, she continued, "Though I suppose that can be said about any student, really. I think we got off to a bad start and I'd like to change that. If we both end up on team I'd like to make sure I get on your nerves as little as possible." Rhea felt like that was something acceptable to say. It wouldn't be impossible, though she would try her hardest not to ruin Belle's day/game. Holding out a hand cautiously to her she pressed on, "What do you say to a do over? I'm Rhea, pleased to meet you," she smiled as warm as she could honestly do at the moment.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:19 am
Second year, Slytherin
My life is so cold
User Image

Those vicious swirling orbs of pale green misted eyes, a visage of innocence shielded her like metal plated armor, reflective, but true. She had barely sought to raise her gaze from the quidditch text she had in hand, until, Rheanna ventured so near that she felt obliged now, she had too—etiquette dictates as such. The younger form with cropped hair approached and strung herself in between the roar of the flames, and, cast a large shadow to play over Annabelle’s ivory form. She smiled, bright, and whimsical, and innocent, before her own delicate hand rose to meet Rhea’s approaching hand with much more vigor, and life, and ease, none quite so firm as the day on the quidditch field. ”No hard feelings done,

“Everybody here calls me Belle.”
She chimed, swift and fluid and elegant as any dove on spring morning. The captivating charm of the Rich family line hadn’t gone lost on her. ”And I can hardly imagine how you’d get on my nerves… I have more patience than any one should. In any case, tell me more about yourself…” Obviously, the young blonde had no qualms with sheepish hesitance, or bashful tenacity. ”You seem quite bold and proud, and lively as well, let me a guess, a thirst for danger too?

“I might just come to like you.”
Though twisted and deranged, Belle winked her approval with an ambition smirk playing upon her lips. ”But I have to ask—

“I do like to pride myself on knowing the major families of Britain, so, why don’t I know you, you obviously have the British tongue..?”

Troubles: Curiosity

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:59 pm
I tried to kill the pain

But only brought more

So much more

I lay dying

And I'm pouring crimson regret and betrayal

"And will he not come again?" Not really paying attention. Probably another Slytherin or two, maybe none.
"And there is pansies, that’s for thoughts." More and more trouble...
"O, you must wear your rue with a difference." Despairing, vaguely irritated

User Image Cosette sighed quite irritably as she regarded the letter before her. She couldn't believe the instructions her parents had sent. Hearing a soft, questioning mew, she looked down, and a smile flickered across her face. "Hello, Ashes," she murmured, leaning down to lift the cat onto her lap. "Look at this! Ah, this is going to be a pain..." As the cat circled on her lap, purring, she picked up the letter once more to read.

Quote:
Dear Cosette,

We all hope you are enjoying school thus far. Alas, there is not much to update about your sister's condition. We visit her almost every day, and read aloud your letters to her,

it began, continuing with some boring twaddle, before finally getting to the point.

Quote:
You are, as you know, our oldest daughter, and thus our heir. You will be expected to take over when we are gone, and we know you will do a good job. I know that I am helped every day by your father, and I know I would not do half as well were I sorting family affairs on my own. You are legally an adult, and I would like to suggest, from one woman to another, that you begin to search for your own helper, to make life a bit easier for you in the years to come.

Then, after a few more lines of dithering, it started a new paragraph with,

Quote:
We've heard recently that one of your friends, the Prince boy, has been going through difficult times of late. There's a dance happening at Hogwarts soon, isn't there? Perhaps it would be a good opportunity to cheer him up.

After a few more lines, the letter was signed, Love, Mother.

Cosette sighed. That wasn't particularly subtle. Perhaps her mother wanted to be sure her mad, half-hysterical daughter caught on. Strangely, this thought did not cheer her.

She began petting Ashes's smooth fur again as she contemplated her problem. Dante, she was fairly sure, was not particularly happy with her at the moment. This was certainly going to make things worse...but it wasn't as if she had much choice... "Cannons to the left of us, cannons to the right of us," she quoted in a mutter, folding the letter and putting it deep into her pocket, careful not to disturb the cat.

"Alack, what noise is this?" I just couldn't get the letter to sound right, and I didn't want to make you wait longer, so I gave up...sorry about how bad this is...

My God my tourniquet
Return to me salvation

My God my tourniquet
Return to me salvation

I'm dying, praying, bleeding and screaming
Am I too lost to be saved?
Am I too lost?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:46 pm
User Image
User Image

► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄

Dante came down from the boy's dorm. He was holding something small in his hands but what it was would be a mystery to others as it was too small to make out. A small silver glint was all anyone would see before it vanished within his robe's pocket. He looked up when he made it to the common room. The dark room was silent. Not many were there. His emerald eyes soon fell on Cosette. He had been angry with her at first but now that anger was gone. Slowly he moved over to where she was. "Hello Cosette" he said joining her. He rested his head on one hand and let his eyes and mind wander.

((sorry for the shortness))

► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄

User Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:03 pm
I tried to kill the pain

But only brought more

So much more

I lay dying

And I'm pouring crimson regret and betrayal

"And will he not come again?" Dante
"And there is pansies, that’s for thoughts." I do hope this works...
"O, you must wear your rue with a difference." Nervous

User Image Cosette glanced up when she heard footsteps. Seeing Dante, she was torn between amusement and irritation. Speak of the devil, and he appeared...still, though, couldn't she have had a bit more time to plan? She noticed he was holding something, but didn't bother asking about it. Instead, she smiled hesitantly. "Hello, Dante. I'm glad you're here, I wanted to ask you about something..." Taking a breath, bracing herself, she forged ahead, deciding that in this instance, subtlety was unlikely to get her anywhere. "I know that this is a horrible thing to ask, considering recent events, but will you go to the Valentine's ball with me?" She looked up at him almost pleadingly. "The healers, my parents, and just about everyone else have all but ordered me to go, to socialize and stop avoiding people. Please, if I have to sit there watching obsessive couples coo at each other without any sensible conversation to be found, I...well, the results likely wouldn't be pretty." He had no idea how 'not pretty' it would be, of course, and she had no intention of telling him, but it was still the truth. "I would ask Charon, but I can't find him...I haven't seen him in a while, actually..." she added, hoping to play off what Dante had said the year before, how he thought she was closer to Charon than to him, and didn't tell him enough. "So, please? Come with me, so I'm not completely surrounded by idiots?" She looked up at him hopefully, her blue eyes wide and pleading in that sweet, innocent way she managed so well.

"Alack, what noise is this?" Not sure that was the best plan, but in her defense, it was thought up on the spot...

My God my tourniquet
Return to me salvation

My God my tourniquet
Return to me salvation

I'm dying, praying, bleeding and screaming
Am I too lost to be saved?
Am I too lost?

Slytherin Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games