Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Forbidden Forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Jungo had reached his home in no time speaking that he ran for most of th edistance. He could feel the ground shake as he ran which made him laugh even more than he already was. Jungo hoped no horsemen(centaurs) heard him. He did not like them because they always called him names. No one came so Jungo didn't think anyone heard him.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:56 am

User Image
The last enemy that shall be destroyed...

Rose heard, rather than felt, the ground shaking. It seems that some big creature (or maybe simply many creatures) was running inside the forest.

This is not my place, she thought. The horse has passed by her already, maybe it didn't notice her. She decided to find another spot. She slowly glided away from the cover of the trees, intent on finding a quiet spot...

And maybe someone to talk to, she thought.

... is Death.

jiniistrawberii

Feral Fatcat

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:01 am

Jungo had laid on his rock bed, hoping for some time to rest to himself and fell asleep. He hoped he had a good dream like he had the other night. It was one about a land of toys, candy, and many little creatures. Jungo was the king of his own dreamland. Surprisingly, he did actually have this dream once again. He laughed in his sleep very hardly, his voice bouncing off the trees thus giving it an extreme echo.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Two hours later, Jungo awoken from his deep sleep disappointed that his fantastic dream ended early. He looked around trying to familiarize himself with where he was. He soon realized that he was in his 'home' so he proceeded to his favorite toys.

When he reached them, he started playing with an action figure he found on the forest edge a couple days ago. He had no idea what it was, but it was super fun to play with.

"HAHA! JUNGO MAKE HIM SUPER HERO!" He said, raising it in the air to pretend it was flying. Then he reached over to get another figure that he found. This one had been female however. Jungo picked the girl figure up and put her on top of his rock bed.

"Ahhh! JUNGO HELP," he reenacted for the woman. Then Jungo moved the male figure around giving him the impression that the figure was flying.

"JUNGO SAVE PRETTY LADY!" he said. He moved the figure to the top of his bed. He made the figures fly down together.

"Yay, Jungo saved me," he said for the woman figure. He made the two figures kiss repeatedly.

Jungo always played like an innocent child, reenacting various superhero stories that he conjured up in his head as he went. This was really all he thought about. Well, this was the ONLY THING he was smart enough to think about scrutinously. Nothing else was simple enough for him to go into detail with.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Jungo had picked an apple from a tree that he grew himself. Even though Jungo wasn't the brightest figure around even he knew how to grow something. His mom had taught him before she left him in the wilderness. Jungo missed his mother and wished she was there with him. He even vowed to himself that one day he will find his mom.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Jungo had chosen to walk more in the forest he described as "perty". The greenness actually set him into a placid state. It kind of helped hearing the harmonious sounds of animals working together to survive. He heard many crickets chirping along with the trademark frog call all combining together to make one tune. After a few minutes, the call of the bird joined the performance.

This made Jungo positively ecstatic, even enough to dance around like a playful little school kid. Even though he has done this on more than one occasion, it was different this time. It seemed as if he danced around for a purpose by trying to fill a missing beat.

"Jungo make song," he said.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:26 pm

User Image
User Image

► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄

Dante leaned against one of the dark trees. His arms were tucked into the pockets of his robes. They pulled and squished and rolled the small objects within as his mind whirred with thoughts,many of which were dark. Being in the woods like this helped to fan the flames in his mind. The stillness of the Dark Forest allowed him to truly think. If he were to go to any of his other spots he would run the risk of seeing someone he knew and his thoughts would be disturbed. Perhaps he should take up making notes like Zamir. Dante laughed lightly. Figures he'd use something tied to Xenos to help him through something.

For a moment his thoughts were sidetracked. The white haired boy always took his thoughts out of the dark pits he seemed to be so fond of getting himself into. Without him, Dante wasn't sure what he would become. On some days it frightens him, on others, intrigues him. It was these thoughts that brought him back down into his pit. For the moment the pit was simply filled with ideas and half formed plans. He was content with his life for the moment and Xenos seemed to be the main reason he never took his plans any farther than just plans. It would take a massive change to push him past his limits.

A sigh left the Slytherin and his eyes looked up from the deep brown soil. They scanned the woods. Nothing moved, not even the wind seemed to be blowing. His eyes went back down, and his thoughts back into the deep parts of his mind.

► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄

User Image
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:45 pm

User Image
User Image

The hisses in my ear:
Maybe this is a bad idea
What writhes within me: Nostalgic...a little annoyed

Those entwined with me: Istal, Etheris, and....Cosette?

The forest was pleasantly silent when they entered. It surprised him how quickly the sounds of the castle vanished leaving him and Cosette in nothing but the natural sounds around them. The pale boy actually found it soothing his nerves to be in the place. Sunlight danced down in between the heavy canopy and for a moment he wondered why this place was so Forbidden. It seemed so peaceful but he knew this wasn't a common occurrence in this place. Still it was nice that the day he and Cosette came in was the day it was calm. Istal's head rose as his tongue shot out to sample the air. He seemed to be enjoying this as much as Charon was. Maybe this day could get better.

Tucking his hands into his pockets he turned to look at his female companion. Cosette and Dante still had barely spoken to his annoyance. There was so much she didn't know about them now...would they still be friends if she knew? The things Dante had done with his boyfriend, Xenos? What about what had happened between Soren and himself this very summer? Charon still had to fight to keep from blushing at the thought of the silver haired man. Curse him for being so delicious and so good at getting to him. Focusing his mind back on Cosette, Charon tried not to frown. She looked thinner and had lost a lot of the confidence in her step. He didn't see that tiny smile, one that was always between a smirk and a true smile, on her face anymore. What had happened?

"Well my lady, which way shall we wander in? Along the edge of the forest? Straight in? Or shall we just pick a direction and go?" Charon asked lightly watching her as they came to a stop. She hadn't spoken since they left the bridge. This was one of those moments when he wished he could read minds. Then again Cosette would probably kill him for doing such a thing...hell for probably even considering it even. Still at least he would know what happened...maybe he could offer a trade. Then again he doubted he had enough to offer in exchange or if there was anything to offer.

{we'll join you shortly Rose biggrin }

We both have our secrets
some darker then others.
I can handle the demons in my head...
as long as you are there to hold me when I wake

User Image User Image User Image User Image
[

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Quietly flowing
White
Dried clouds pass by

The ash-coloured me
Just watched their vanishing
Intently

A world of d a r k n e s s . . .

User Image
Cosette Aurelie Prewitt
Slytherin Sixth Year

Cosette calmed slightly as she entered the forest. It was a lovely place, she hadn't realized. Quiet, peaceful... A soft sigh escaped her, and she even relaxed slightly. She looked around at the greenery, slightly curious. After a moment, though, she sensed a gaze on her, and looked up to meet Charon's grey gaze for a moment. She looked away quickly, though...eyes were windows to the soul, after all, and she had far too many secrets.

At her companion's question, Cosette looked around once more, then shrugged. "Let's wander, I suppose...unless you have a place in mind?" She began walking, placing her feet carefully, daintily, not wanting to step in anything or trip. Idly, she wondered why Charon wanted to disappear. But if he respected her privacy, she would respect his and not ask.

((Sorry, I couldn't think of much to say...))

Encircling my heart... calm.

I sit watching you... Charon.

And I can't help but think... it's rather pretty in here.

A world of s i l e n c e . . .

Onto the castle of sand that I built
From gathering the stars
My tiny prayer

Falls
Waves that lay in waiting
Sweep you off your feet
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:43 pm

User Image

- ┇ - ┇ - ┇ - ┇ - Seek strength, but do not avoid the struggle - ┇ - ┇ - ┇ - ┇ -

User Image
Bailey bounded from branch to branch, tree to tree, taking in every breath as if it would be the last time she inhaled these winds. The bark beneath her paws now felt so natural to her, her sharp claws easily digging into anything they connected with, making her fearless as she paraded through the forest, back up to the castle. She had just spent the last few hours crying over the end of the school year with her mother, and rather than taking the long way back from Gladrags, she chose instead to get one last view of the forest from the Hogwarts side. She wasn't even sure when she would ever transform again after graduation. After all, it wasn't as if clouded leopards were seen walking the streets of Hogsmeade every day.

As she neared the castle grounds, her pace slowed substantially, for she dreaded what must come next. Faintly, she could hear the sounds of chatter coming from the giant, open doors, despite still being hidden beneath the cover of the trees. She dropped to the ground gracefully, the pads of her feet avoiding contact between anything but the cold soil. She forced herself to slink forward, thinking about the End of the Year Feast that was to come. Just like with everything else, it would be her last. However, there was nothing left after this. Graduation was upon her, and she would simply have to come to terms with that...tonight.

She inched towards the edge of the brush, peering up at the lighted structure of arched windows and gothic towers. It truly was a beautiful scene, with all of its magic and mystery. When only three steps separated her with the school grounds, she took one last look over her shoulder before morphing back into her human form, an act that was now as natural as walking the rest of the way to the castle would be.

User Image

- ┇ - ┇ - ┇ - ┇ - Where there is no struggle, there is no strength - ┇ - ┇ - ┇ - ┇ -

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:00 pm

User Image
User Image

The hisses in my ear:
Maybe this is a bad idea
What writhes within me: Nostalgic...a little annoyed

Those entwined with me: Istal, Etheris, and Cosette

"Wandering is good enough for me. I haven't had a place in mind so let's see where we end up alright?" Charon answered with a small smile. He lapsed into silence as they moved further into the forest. The pale boy took the path of relatively least resistance to be easier on Cosette. Charon was used to getting dirty but he had a hard time imaging his doll like friend doing much hiking around. Neither seemed to be keen on talking much but for now that suited him just fine. The year was almost up and soon it would be back to London. A tiny flutter came from his heart at the thought. Soren had offered for him to stay there at his home...it was going to be an interesting experience that was to say the least.

Eventually he paused a moment standing a on set of raised roots. His mind was still going a mile a minute and it bothered him Maybe...just maybe if he asked...
"Cosette? Do you think it's possible to escape your family? The choices they made, the things they've done? Or do you think one would be forever judged simple because of who you're related too?" He asked finally. Great now he felt like an idiot. Seriously how sappy could he get? Mentally berating himself for opening his mouth Charon tried to figure out if there was another way to approach the situation. No...not really at least not that he could think of. That was one of several things bothering him and maybe, just maybe, if he opened up about his current problems he could get Cosette to speak to him.

The pale girl had been so shut off since she had come back last year. Charon missed how close they had been back before Cosette left. So many things had changed since then. Dante and himself were no longer single. The dark haired boy that made up the last third of their trio was growing more distant lately. Charon didn't know everything that was going on but he had been around enough shady people to know Dante's thoughts were not about bunnies and fluffy kittens. The oldest Gaunt worried about his friend not because of the path he chose but because Charon knew he would follow him without an ounce of hesitation. Just were that path would lead was the question.

{I fear he may be cheesy in this post...}

We both have our secrets
some darker then others.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Quietly flowing
White
Dried clouds pass by

The ash-coloured me
Intently

User Image
Cosette Aurelie Prewitt
Slytherin Sixth Year

Cosette nodded agreeably, and began to walk. As the continued through the peaceful forest, neither speaking, she found herself relaxing further, much to her surprise. It was actually quite enjoyable, walking like this. And Charon was good company. He could be loud, she remembered, but he also, apparently, knew when it was best to stay quiet. Or perhaps he had changed as well, and was quieter in general that she remembered from second year.

When he said her name, she stopped and looked up at him. His question startled her. She was silent for a moment, blinking up at him, then let out a quiet, dry laugh. "I certainly hope that one can. Or my family is doomed already." She sighed, then continued more seriously, "Surely one must be able to. I do hope so...I think perhaps it depends on who is judging. In the eyes of a Gryffindor, after all, we're all the worst of the worst, but not everyone sees it that way. The Dark Lord himself was a half-blood, and yet no one questioned his desire to destroy all others of that sort. And Mother is friends with a pureblood noble, the child of death eaters, who married an auror. It's probably much easier to escape a good family, though, unfortunately." She smoothed her doll's hair before glancing up at him again. "Why do you ask?"

((It's perfectly fine.))

Encircling my heart... calm, curious.

And I can't help but think... what on earth is this about?

From gathering the stars
My tiny prayer

Falls
Sweep you off your feet

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:25 pm

User Image
User Image

The hisses in my ear:
Maybe this is a bad idea
What writhes within me: Nervous..a little annoyed

A small smile crossed his face for a moment when she laughed, no matter how dry it sounded. A good family? Probably would be, had he been born to anyone else it might have been possible. Hell if only Evanily had been his real mother, the rest probably would have been tolerable. Sighing lightly Charon leaned on the tree he stood next too and let his elbow drop to rest on his hip. Tilting his hand lightly he let his palm fall open and a small sapphire colored flame appeared there. The spell was Bluebell Flames, one he learned years ago and loved for it let him hold his precious fire without harming himself or others. His pale eyes watched the flames dance a moment as he sorted his thoughts enough to actually answer Cosette.

"I ask because I fear every year that I get older I'll end up just like her. My...family has been known to practice a rather old tradition in pureblood society. It's lead to more then a few instances of insanity in our members. The last one being my mother. I already have an...obsession with flames. When I was younger I controlled it better but every year it gets harder not to set a section of classrooms on fire, or part of the library...or a student." His voice was soft when he spoke a bit unsure of how Cosette would react. It was normal for pureblood families to marry within themselves if that was the only way to keep their blood pure. His parents had been that way thankfully though Daisy was only his half sister and didn't have to think about the odd family relationships he had.

"I'm sorry you probably could have done without that tad bit of information. It's been a bit hard this year for me and I'm hating how it makes me act. I haven't been able to figure out how to bring it up to Dante and...well for some reason it's easier to talk to you about." Charon couldn't really explain that either. Was it because she had her own troubles these last few years? That had to be it after all Dante was like his own brother but he got scared every time he tried to bring up this topic. Charon doubted the whole thing would make Dante bat an eyelash at it but he'd been so different lately. "It's not helping either that I can't bring myself to address the whole thing either. I feel like a whiny two year old every time I try too."

{..}

We both have our secrets
some darker then others.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Calais Reed
Quietly flowing
White
Dried clouds pass by

The ash-coloured me
Intently

User Image
Cosette Aurelie Prewitt
Slytherin Sixth Year

Cosette remained quiet as Charon spoke. Her eyes widened, though, at his words. At his wondering of why it was easier to speak with her, she laughed once more, that dry note still there, joined by something vaguely bordering hysteria. "We're all mad here," she murmured to herself, "the entire school is just a mad house, isn't it? A place for people to send their poor, mad children to keep them conveniently out of the way!" Her laughter grew louder, until she simply sat where she stood, her knees giving out on her. "So that's why they sent me back here! I wondered. A hospital must be too open, anyone can see, so send us here, to Hogwarts, where such things as reporters aren't allowed." She continued giggling that choked way, eyes wide, until she ran out of breath. At last, she said softly, "I wanted to stay with Io, you know? I wanted to stay by her side, I hated leaving. It's my fault, after all, that she's like that. That she's sleeping. I tried talking to her, but she never responded. I heard Mother saying I was going mad, once, when they thought I was asleep...and perhaps I am, and was. Perhaps that's why they tore me away from her, kicking and screaming, despite the risk it caused everyone. I'm mad, you're mad, everyone here is mad..." She quieted once more, stroking her doll's head, and recovered herself slightly. "Forgive me. I don't wish to belittle your problem. It's just...the coincidence is funny. Ah..." She sighed, and wiped a tear from her eye. "In the scheme of things, though, I wouldn't worry about it. Setting fire on this place sounds wonderful. Burning the people sounds even better, I know several who could use a good startling. Gryffindors in particular--meaning no offense to your sister. But some of them... Though my saying so probably isn't helpful, given the situation."

Cosette smoothed her skirt around her, and tugged down on her right sleeve again--a nervous habit she'd developed. "You have a right to worry about such things. If there's a history of madness, it's right to worry about it, I suppose. But you...well, you may be mad, but if you are, at least you're in good company. Or bad company, depending on your point of view." She smiled fleetingly. "It was rude of me to laugh, though. I'm sorry. I really shouldn't be laughing while Io's still as she is." She sighed mournfully, returning to how she'd been, at least somewhat. "I'm not particularly helpful, I'm afraid. But look at it this way: you could have created real fire, just now, and burnt down the forest. Many might not have even minded, what with its terrible reputation. You summoned harmless ones, though. And if you're aware of the possible madness, and fighting it, isn't that better than giving up?" Like I have, she added silently. After another pause, she murmured, "Thank you for inviting me to walk with you here. It...it has helped, I think."

Encircling my heart... amused, for the first time in a while.

And I can't help but think... a pity I can't return the favor.

From gathering the stars
My tiny prayer

Falls
Sweep you off your feet

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:10 pm

User Image
User Image

The hisses in my ear:
Maybe this is a bad idea
What writhes within me: Nervous..a little annoyed

Charon watched quietly as Cosette broke into laughter. She sounded a lot like he felt most of this year. What she said though made his heart clench. Cosette had spent so much time with Io and no one else last summer. Dante and him...they were horrible for not making it there to see her. Not this summer though. Charon was going to be there this time even if it meant bringing Soren along. She lapsed though into a softer voice when she spoke about her sister and when she apologized. Why did she have to be so vulnerable at that moment? It made him feel like more of an a** for not being there for her. How many years had he fought with that same feeling? That regret?

"I never thought I was worthy of anything. Of laughing, crying, feeling...not a warm bed to sleep in not even food in my stomach. The only thing that mattered was finding a way to make it up to Daisy. To make certain she was as happy as she should have been with her family." Charon said dispelling the flames and stepped off the roots towards her. He never knew she was feeling that way. The pale boy still fought with those emotions sometimes. Every time he looked at Soren he wondered why he was getting someone so perfect? He hadn't done anything to deserve that kind of happiness. That is till the selfish side of him argued otherwise.

"You can't let yourself get bogged down like that Cosette. Believe me I know what it does to you. I still...some days I think Daisy would have been off if I hadn't existed. Maybe if she had been adopted...maybe if she had never known me and grown up elsewhere she would be happier. If she never knew she was a Gaunt, never knew what that nut job did." Charon fell silent, his fist clenched to his side. He didn't feel the bite of his nails into his palm right now he was more concerned about keeping as calm as possible. "It's hard at first but you have too keep strong. If you don't help her who will then? You have a little bit of luxury on the fact that you have family still there to help you. If you think that you are the cause of the problem then fix it. That's what I've done with Daisy. Every day I work to get her everything she should have had. So every day look at another way to wake Io up."

Charon stopped a few steps from his pale friend. She looked like she was battling her own emotions as well. Such an interesting walk this had been. "If you would allow it Cosette, I would like to help you on your search. Maybe having someone who knows a least a bit what it's like will help." He said with a small smile on his face. "Thank you for joining me. It's been nice having you here to talk to again Cosette. You always have been the voice of wisdom in this mad trio of ours. How far have we strayed without you dear one?"

{..}

We both have our secrets
some darker then others.

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games