Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:01 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss
6th Year Gryffindor Prefect

User ImageGryffindor Team Beater
Dueling Club Leader
Youth Representative of the Wizengamot
Muggleborn Witch
Wand: 13 inches, Laurel, Dragon Heartstring
Inflexible and Somewhat Knobby
Height: 5' 8"
DOB: June 22, 2011
Dating: Tobias Walsh

It is: Evening, Start of the 2027-2028 School Year//I'm at: a Dueling Club Meeting//Around: Hopefully plenty of Dueling Club Members//Wearing: Boots Made For Standing Tall

Veronica paused as Arianna Davenport, a second year Gryffindor, she recognized vaguely from quidditch try-outs. Ronna smiled, "Second years and up are free to join. Besides, it is always nice to have new blood. I think most of us joined our second year, actually. Anyways, I was just saying I'm going to be fairly laid back about everything. However, all things considered, I'll probably name dueling partners so emotions don't get in the way of a controlled learning environment. Or sort of controlled-I mean it is dueling, you are blasting spells at each other."

She shrugged and continued, introducing herself and the others, "I am Veronica Kiss and the current dueling leader of the club, and this is Tanya Cherri, Elsie Vass, Leo, Theo, and..." She paused raising a brow at David, "Is it Davey or just David? Either way, Mr. Shoichet."

She smiled and said, "The rules are fairly simple-when dueling it will be with magic only. Don't get me wrong, a mean right or left hook is great, but this is not a boxing club. Furthermore, let's keep fire to a minimum. And, I swear if one of you ends up maiming each other-I will put you in detention so fast you won't even be able to say sorry and I will break every bone in your body."

"Anyways," She said, "Welcome aboard Arianna. I figure we can go straight into dueling, for those who aren't aware of protical-you first bow to your opponent and then take several steps back and begin. I will be serving as referee and choosing the partners for the duels for now. The pairings will be as followed: Tanya vs. Shoict; Elsie and Leo; And Theo, I can trust you with an additional limitiation if you duel Arianna, correct? Theo, I don't want you to use any spells beyond what one would learn in their second year. Moderation is just as important as force and I think that the limitation will give you a chance to go back to basic magic and figure out creative solutions in dueling. After all, a non-expected charm or spell is sometimes more effective than the typical hexes which are more forceful but more often thought of. If anyone has any objections please state them now, if not, fel free to begin."

User Image
                                                  RedEagleEye007
                                                  murruelecreuset
                                                  The Forgotten Weasley
                                                  amo10690
                                                  Yukina101

{{OoC}}

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:25 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

House: Gryffindor{|}Dueler{|}Fifth Year

Theo got himself together and put on a smile...which yes...was a little forced, but it was somewhat genuine as well. He instantly looked around for a moment, viewing the people that had arrived during his talk with Ronna. It seemed Elsbeth Vass, Leo, David Shoichet, and a younger girl in which he didn't know, but he didn't really get to introduce himself before Ronna did it for him. He gave a solemn wave to everybody, but he didn't say a word.

That's when she got onto the rules of the club, which caused him to chuckle. She mentioned a mean right hook, but just the thought of one of the members actually throwing one made him laugh a bit. But he made sure it was ephemeral so he wouldn't draw unnecessary attention or questioning. But also the fact that she would put them in detention AND break every bone in their body made breaking one a little tempting. Of course, he never would break a dueling club rule ever...mainly because he wanted to duel...not mess around, but the thought of Ronna that angry sounded crazy.

As he heard the younger girl's name, he smiled to her, glad that she joined so early. Not many ever showed such an interest at such a young age really. Theo did...Leo did too, but he wasn't sure when the others had joined. They may have joined second year and he just didn't see them or something, but he wasn't really sure.

As Ronna assigned dueling partners, he was surprised. Of all the people she put him against, it was the new one. He wondered why at first, but as she explained, he realized. Having practiced dueling at the range and what not, he knew how to limit the power in his spells; just from practice. He was sure others could too, but Theo may have been the least prone to slip up and hurt someone trying to do it, or having the spell backfire on him from attempting to limit it. Ronna also put a huge restriction on the spells he could use, which was necessary. Theo had a much bigger arsenal he could pick from than that of the second year, so it was only fair to restrain it, and just like Ronna said, it would allow him to be creative with lower level magic, which was always good practice.

After Ronna finished, he went over to the second year, waving to her. "Hey, like Ronna said, I'm going to be your partner today. I'm Robin Gibbs. Some people call me Theo...then Tanya calls me Gibbs, so feel free to call me whatever you want. Just a bit of advice before we start. Make sure you keep on your toes and light on your feet. When you are dueling, if you aren't on your toes, you won't be able to sidestep as well, and could open up the counter-attack by your opponent," he told her, smiling at her, hoping she took everything in. Really, he was just saying to keep quick on her toes and she'll be fine. Theo was naturally good on his feet because of his muggle football background. So, it sort of led to dodging well. "Are you ready? We'll begin when you are," he said to her, keeping a smile. He would seriously restrain his power for this fight, to allow her to get the feel for Dueling.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

amo10690

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:07 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna sighed with relief to hear that she was allowed to join. She smiled at the Gryffindor leader. She listened intently as the older girl explained all the rules and then threaten to break every bone in her body if she maimed anyone. Ari let out a slight gasp in shock from the threat and mentally took note not to ever be on the receiving end of Ronna's wrath. Arianna could feel her palms begin to sweat as Veronica continued to explain how to duel and then she began to pair everyone up.

Ari ended up with someone named Theo. She suddenly felt a pang of guilt she couldn't remember who she had just been introduced to. She glanced around and met a blonde boy's gaze. He sent a smile to her and she sighed That must be him. That would've been embarrassing if I went up to the wrong person.

Theo came over to her and introduced himself again. She nodded committing his name to memory. "Okay, Theo it is." She smiled brightly back at her older house mate, "I'm Arianna, but please call me Ari. I feel like I'm in trouble when people use my full name." Ari listened closely to his advice. "Light toes? Light feet? That sounds like playing football." She nodded showing her understanding. "Okay, I'll do my best!" She was ready and she withdrew her wand and saluted like she was supposed to. Then she turned and walked the few steps back and turned at the ready to start. She balanced lightly on her feet just like Theo said she took a deep calming breath. Okay, learn everything you can so you can become an Auror someday. She mentally went through the few spells she knew. "Flipendo." She enunciated and waved the wand in the correct flourish. She had no idea if the spell would even make it to her target. She frowned. They weren't exactly taught how to accurately aim in class.

[quote="RedEagleEye007']

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:51 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling Club Meeting

Leonette listened to Tanya explain what was going on. She knew that Theo had been pretty down for a while. He lost a lot and she felt bad for him no matter how anyone else was thinking. “Somehow that doesn’t surprise me.” She said looking over as Elsie joined them. “Hey,” Leonette said with a smile. It had been awhile since she really got to hang with Elsie it was definitely a nice change. “Yeah what is going on with you and David?” she asked curiously before Ronna came over to the group again.

“I don’t know of anyone.” Leonette said shaking her head. She wasn’t aware of anyone coming. Her sister might but then again she probably wouldn’t be bothered. Once Arianna came and joined, Ronna got them into pairs. It looked like she was partners with Elsie. Fine by her, she’d been meaning to spend time with her Hufflepuff friend. At least she thought they were friends. “Looks like we’re going to be partners.” She said grinning as she got her wand out and got herself ready. “Ready when you are Elsie.” She said preparing herself for a fun duel with a friend.

With: Dueling members... Elsie

Wearing: All in Orange

OOC: ---

Yukina101
The Forgotten Weasley
mc2

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:00 pm
Are you really here, or just in my mind?
Can you feel the fear, of what lies behind their eyes?
They came from the walls; they tortured us all...
And drove us away from our home!
Here in the night, they are calling my name.
I no longer know what is wrong or right...
But I know I am losing this game.
What can I do; what can I say?

They don't know: Happy
If it wasn't for you: ....
We would never run away: Leo
But away we go: Dueling Club

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | C H A S E R | F I F T H Y E A R | P R E F E C T User Image

Elsie snapped her fingers in mock defeat. "Darn it," she said in an amused voice, before she narrowed her blue eyes at her friend. "I'm allowed to have friends of the opposite gender other than Echo and Kas," she pointed out, though she didn't sound all that mad, more annoyed than anything else. (And she wasn't, since she'd teased Tanya and Echo enough about each other, even if she'd been a bit more... subtle about it. Hey, she hadn't wanted to jinx things!) She would have liked to add a somewhat snarky "even if they want to be more than friends", but Dave was just over there, and besides, she didn't want to betray his trust like that. Just because he'd wanted her to know didn't mean he wanted her telling all her other friends about it after all, and she knew he was sensitive, and what was more, could hold a grudge. She was happy to be dueling Leo. Tanya might press even more for information over the course of a duel, and that would be distracting to say the least. She pulled out her wand and made sure she backed up the customary number of paces before bowing. "Ready," she declared, and started the duel. "Expelliarmus!"

I KNOW WHAT TO DO, I KNOW WHAT TO SAY, AND I WILL NOT RUN AWAY.

murruelecreuset

Yukina101

By the garden gate, I sit with my sisters.
I just hope it's not too late, for my mother and father.
Shall we go back inside; there is no reason to hide.
We can fight and take back our home here in the night!
They say when the wolves come out of the walls...
That it's all over, but it's not all over, 'cause we won't go!
Here in the night, they are crying in pain, and I know...
Everything is not alright, so we shall not fight in vain.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:25 pm
User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXXXXXXXXPre fect
Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya held up her hands in mock surrender as Elsie went off and told her she was allowed to have other male friends but she couldn't help her grin from widening. She had called him a friend this time, their relationship was changing which meant it was only a short leap before they were actually dating. Hercules was most definitely going to be employed here! When they were split up into pairs she just mouthed to her blonde friend "we'll talk later" before giving a short wave to Leo before going over to Shoichet. "Ready to get started or do you need a few?" she challenged with a small smirk.

Quote:

Quote:

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

But every inch of you is perfect cause true booty comes from within
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble

DuelingWhere: Dueling ClubWith: Ronna, Gibbs, Leo, Elsie, ShoichetThinking: I know the song everything!OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:03 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

He smiled at her as she mentioned football, which did yes give some bad memories...memories of when he played the beautiful game, but they were good memories at the same time...because he had reached the top of his game and was one of the best youths in Europe. He finally had someone he could relate to on the subject of football...other than Leo. "Yes, exactly like football," he said to her, assuring her that she did indeed have the right idea.

After doing the necessary pre-duel things, he stood in his position. Theo watched intently, slow in movement, keeping on his toes. When he was dueling, he played lightly on his feet, which was impressive speaking that the male...was a male, but his football background really helped when it came to footwork. After letting the girl go first, he watched the spell go towards him...rather slowly, but it had gotten to him, but was generally inaccurate as well...to which he sidestepped fairly easily, just taking a small step to the left. "Point your front foot at the target, your hand will generally follow the direction your body is already facing," he said to her, smiling.

He then unleashed a pretty hard shot at her wand, but aimed at her wand and nothing else. "Expelliarmus," he said aloud, waving his wand, creating a spell light that was much smaller than what his normal one was, but it was quick however. He would give the girl a chance to dodge and actually let her learn.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

amo10690

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:00 pm
User Image

Ari watched slightly disappointed as the older Gryffindor easily avoided her spell. She listened intently as he gave her a tip of pointing her toe towards her target. She nodded and slightly adjusted her position. "Like this?"

She kept light on her feet and was ready to be on the defensive side. She didn't know how to deflect spells yet but if she could stay quick enough she could avoid his attack. She watched as he cast the disarming spell even with her quick feet his cast was still faster and her wand felt like it was gently plucked out of her hand. "Good shot. How are you that accurate?" If I had moved a few seconds earlier I would have made it. She paused from retrieving her wand to analyze what she did wrong.

RedEagleEye007

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:54 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Theo gave her a casual nod when she asked if it was like what she was doing. He only hoped that she would listen to him though. It was one of the focal points on dueling at times, because an off balance spell cast is just about always going to miss the target and the worst part...they were off-balance so they were open for a counter-attack. That was never a good thing in dueling because one, it could mean life or death...and two, you'll lose the duel itself...the latter being the worst case scenario.

He watched intently as his spell had gone at her and hit the desired target, plucking her wand out of her hand. She had gone to get it and had asked him how he was so accurate...and truth be told, he never really thought about it. He just...was extremely accurate when he wanted to be. Had to be because of the practice. "I don't know really. I practice quite a bit and I guess it stems from there. You'll get there. Just keep practicing the trade. But in the meantime, I'll teach you a basic sidestep, which you can use. You seem to be pretty light on your feet like I am; so it could end up helping quite a bit," he said to her, wondering if she was listening closely, mainly because he only felt like saying it one time. "Alright, so there is a basic stance you have to be in to do this. You know how I said to put your foot forward, well your stance is going to have that in it. Keep your front foot faced towards the opponent. Keep your back leg at a slight bend and facing to the right if your back foot is your right, or left if your left foot is your back foot. This will help you establish some leverage and say someone uses the knockback jinx like you just did, you could have the chance to stay on your feet. But the sidestep that works for me...you just press your weight to the back foot and jump to whatever side your heel is on. Because you should be on the balls of your feet as is, this shouldn't be that hard to perform. But remember, keep your wand up and keep your eye on the opponent. Because if an opponent is quick enough, they can launch a counter while jumping. So that's why you'll need to be extremely quick and you need to know where you are in relation to the opponent at all times," he said to her, finishing up what he had to say. He would allow her to take in what he had said before they started again. Plus, he would let her make the first move of course.

amo10690

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:07 pm
User Image

Arianna watched intently as Theo explained how to stand properly and how to switch your weight to leap out of the way. She found herself mirroring him as he demonstrated. The position felt a little awkward at first there wasn't a whole lot of things that required a person to naturally stand like this. Ari practiced a few times judging the amount of weight necessary to make a decent hop. It took a solid minute of practice but by the time she found her balance in the move she felt like she might look semi decent preforming it.

She finally took her position hoping she didn't annoy the more experienced student by taking up so much time. "Sorry, for the wait." She found herself naturally moving into the proper stance. She didn't know what spell to cast. She hadn't actually learned Expelliarmus in her class yet. But she had read it and memorized the wand motion she decided to give it a shot. She had her foot pointed towards the fifth year. She stared directly at the base of his wand. "Expelliarmus" She cast the spell and put as much gusto in it as she could muster and aimed as precisely as possible. She seriously doubted that the spell would actually make its mark considering she was going against a student with three years more experience. But she wasn't in this club to win, not yet at least, she needed to learn and practice. She had to do well to follow in her mother's footsteps. She didn't let her thoughts wander too long, Theo had warned her that a good dueler could dodge and cast another spell afterwards. She wouldn't let her guard down.

RedEagleEye007

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:43 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Theo nodded intently as he watched the girl perform the movements for a few minutes, taking great pride that she was able to pick up the skill. Not many wizards even tried to sidestep, usually preferring the casual protego instead, which yes, he knew, but he found that sidestepping caught many opponents off guard. And as long as he was able to keep balance, he would be fine. He often was able to cast a spell while performing the sidestep, which added an element of surprise and was the single reason why he preferred the sidestep to protego. One, because he could do that...and two...there were unblockable curses...and the unblockables were the ones with the most lethal capabilities. Anything to even give him the slightest chance of surviving in a surprise imperius, or Killing Curse was useful. Of course, to sidestep those was almost impossible, but could be done if the jump is far enough...and an attack can be put to knock the other caster to the ground to end the spells chance.

When she finally took position, he was surprised that she had began so quickly, watching as an expelliarmus spell was cast, much to his dismay. It flew right at him...and came literally milimeters from him as he dodged to the left of the spell's light, casting another spell as he jumped. "Everte Statum!" he said aloud, watching the orange light fly from his wand quickly. He wanted to see what she did next, hoping she applied what she learned. At that point, he would start slowing down his reaction time so better simulate someone of her skill level, because Theo was a bad person to duel at a low level...for his years of experience didn't even begin to show the skill he had in the trade. He practiced far more time than anyone did in the club...he knew that for sure...even over stepping his boundaries and practicing over summer at his instructors range, mainly because his instructor was the best instructor a kid could ask for...ever.

amo10690

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:11 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna was glad she hadn't let her guard down as she watched Theo dodge her disarming charm. She automatically shifted her weight back ready to spring to the side. She watched as he cast another unfamiliar spell this one looked painful if spells could look painful. Those two seconds of distraction cost her to be too late again. This time the spell contacted with her left shoulder as she was trying to dodge. She felt the pain down that entire side of her body. She bit her lip as she managed to regain her balance. She cast another spell. "Flipendo." Again focusing on her aim and pushing all her might behind her Dragon and Maple wand. After the spell left her wand she already shifted her weight back ready to fling herself out of the way. I will not be hit three times in a row.

RedEagleEye007

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:40 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling Club Meeting

Leonette could respect her friend’s wishes knowing if it was something more than just them being friends she’d understand. David wasn’t the most loved Gryffindor in their year much like David was the most hated in pretty much the whole school. Okay, so her David was a bit worse than Elsie’s regardless same concept. Long story short Leonette would support Elsie being with him no matter what way it was even if she wasn’t the biggest fan.

Walking back and bowing to her friend Leonette get ready to counter. Luckily Elsie knew how to start off easy. Quickly moving her wand silently she blocked the spell with the shielding charm before say. “Stupefy.”

With: Dueling members... Elsie

Wearing: All in Orange

OOC: Sorry for the wait Weasley.

The Forgotten Weasley

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:01 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Unfortunately, his spell hit, which he didn't want to happen. The spell was a bit of a painful one and he didn't want to hurt her like that. He was just hoping that she dodged it, but she hadn't and had took the brunt of the shot to the shoulder, which pained him a bit. All he could think of was Ronna's voice telling him to simmer down a bit, which he already planned on doing. When the girl casted the Knockback Jinx, he slowed himself, not wanting to take this shot to the chest, but he was going to have to.

He watched the spell's light travel to him very fast, and as much as he wanted to jump out of the way of it, he knew in his head that he was to count off one second before he did so. And he did that. He counted one second and as the spell came flying toward him, he jumped out of the way, but the spell's light grazed his shoulder and knocked him to the side slightly, causing him to fall over. "There you go!" he said to her, now promptly sitting up on the ground. "Keep doing that. The reason why that spell was much more powerful than the others was because you demonstrated proper technique and command over the spell. You must always command your spells and not let the spell command you," he said to her, giving her a thumbs up. He actually never was hit by a knockback jinx before and quite frankly, he didn't like it...all the reason to give it all against an older wizard.

amo10690

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna gasped in shock as she watched the spell make contact with the oler student's shoulder. She felt really guilty as the spell actually knocked him to the ground. She was not expecting the spell to hit it's mark at all. He must be going easy on me or something. "Oh my go are you okay?" She asked as she stepped forward to offer him a hand to help him up. Even with his comment she felt slightly guilty. "Thank you, I couldn't have done it without your help." Ari smiled at the older boy. He was a very good teacher. Probably better than some of their other professors in the school. "Have you ever thought about becoming a Dueling instructor? Or something?"

RedEagleEye007

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games