Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Ask Ms. Knitty (and pals) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:38 am
Lace is easy! As long as you can do all the stitches, you'll have no problems. Can you increase and decrease? Most increases in lacework are "YO"s which means "Yarn Over."

http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/increases (it's the last one) will show you how.

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/lace.php All of those are lace items. I'd just pick something interesting. Try a bookmark to get all the skills down pat and move on to a shawl or something!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:15 am
Catcheen
Lace is easy! As long as you can do all the stitches, you'll have no problems. Can you increase and decrease? Most increases in lacework are "YO"s which means "Yarn Over."

http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/increases (it's the last one) will show you how.

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/lace.php All of those are lace items. I'd just pick something interesting. Try a bookmark to get all the skills down pat and move on to a shawl or something!

Increases and Decreases are my next skill to tackle sweatdrop . Sometimes the instructions for some of the methods are confusing so I just keep putting it off redface redface redface  

Violet Song jat Shariff

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:29 pm
I'm still pretty much a beginner (made a knit pony and a knit kitty, both the basic stitch), but I want to tackle a Prisoner of Azkaban Harry Potter scarf in honor of the new movie. d:

I'm kinda set on making it from this pattern.

Sooo, where do I begin? Before, my yarn was just from a kit or leftover random crud that I used based on a pattern. Here, I'm looking to get Gryffindor colors but the yarn the patternmaker listed (well, the one I refound) is kinda expensive. o______o;;

Any tips/suggestions/anything?

My friend suggested knitpicks.com, which looks really nice, but doesn't have a big color selection... I like the comfy worsted yarn. ;D anything like this?

I just need a lot of help, hahaha. But I'm really excited to start this!  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:39 pm
i need help im trying to think of something else to do thats fun outher that macrome........ can someone give me some idias please  

ii_babby gurl_ii

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:33 am
>:3 I finally figured out how to do the purl stitch!

Now, what are some other easy knitting stitches? And, Could I make a scarf using only the purl stitch?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:14 pm
@Kay: Way to go!

@Lizzy: Working on hats and scarfs as gifts for the holidays is always a good idea. Try socks if you dare.

@Kotoko: Good luck with your scarf. It will be worth it.

And yes, I know these posts are old.

teaneko

Original Gaian

30,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500

Blood-Spattered-Sundress

7,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:31 am
I FINALLY got accepted to the guild! yay!! SO! I'm a recently self-taught knitter. I know how to knit and purl (English). But I'm looking on how to double knit. I've been on knitting help, but it says that English is just too confusing when double knitting... Help?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:22 pm
my gramma tried to teach me but i couldn't learn how to knit it sweatdrop cornfusssing crying burning_eyes 4laugh rofl pirate talk2hand emo  

coloredpencil100

sablejasmine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:37 pm
knit one pearl two, knit one pearl two..  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:01 pm
Good evening everyone! I'm in a jam! I use 100% acrylic yarn and I want to knit a raglan sweater. The thing is, I hear that acrylic yarn does NOT block well at all. I was going to do the mattress seam to make the seam invisible, but I don't think I can if I can't block the sweater to make the seam lay flat. The seam feels so uncomfortable against my skin so I wanted to do an alternative seam. What seaming method should I use? Should I use the whipstitch or the running stitch?

I hope someone can help.  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Jennivieve

Peaceful Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:59 am
How do you change colors in crochet? I'm working on an afghan, and at one point I'll be using two skeins of yarn in my rows. If anyone had tips, I would appreciate the advice.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:07 pm
I found the solution on about.com and have proceeded accordingly.  

Jennivieve

Peaceful Nerd

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:36 am
OhNoesItsMiho
Good evening everyone! I'm in a jam! I use 100% acrylic yarn and I want to knit a raglan sweater. The thing is, I hear that acrylic yarn does NOT block well at all. I was going to do the mattress seam to make the seam invisible, but I don't think I can if I can't block the sweater to make the seam lay flat. The seam feels so uncomfortable against my skin so I wanted to do an alternative seam. What seaming method should I use? Should I use the whipstitch or the running stitch?

I hope someone can help.
Acrylic does not block at all. (trust me I tried) Try going to you local craft store like Jo-Anne Fabrics, Hobby Lobby or Ac More. Jo-Anne and Ac More has Patton's Classic wool that is real affordable and Hobby lobby has some really nice wool yarn too. These should help out with you sweater problem. If not do an internet search of the nearest yarn stores and if it is a good ways away make a special trip and make a day of it. The person running the store should be able to help.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:30 pm
i have a question. about sewing a plushie. im try to make my friend a panda plushie for her birthday. how long would the fabric be????  

watermoon11

watermoon11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:38 am
hi there!
well i have a question, im making a boy plushie for myself, and i dont know how to put a hair piece on it. i probably know the front piece but not the back.its kinda like umm..... i guess for a example sasukes hair. its kinda like that. is there a web sit for that. because im tired of lookign around.

please help  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces