Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
New Members Introduce Yourselves Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

supaniki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:26 am
Lets see. This isn't my first time on Gaia. I was on it loooong ago when I was 19. I'm back now and enjoying the forums more this time around. I found this guild because of the link in the sig of someone. smile Wish I knew who. I'm now 22 (23 on the 22) and I am so liberal that it scares people. I adore Micheal Moore, I am fervertly prochoice and I will fight to the dealth for gay rights. smile Hello. That's me.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:43 pm
.Hulo im 3lle nd i lyke abortion juiz, kay?.

.No.

.Just kidding. But I am Elle. And.. I liked this guild because it supports something I strongly beleive in... So I joined.
.And TADAA! Was accepted.

3nodding

The Irish Rose

Skull1322

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:14 am
Hello I'm a 20 yr old republican male military member, but I'm very stroungly pro-choice and anti-gun-control, I would be independent but as history states only the reblicans take car of the military. I belive in freedom of Amercans above all things, including same-sex marrage  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:43 pm
--the first step to solving your problem is admitting you have one--

Hi, my name's Emily and I am pro-choice.

whee NOT!

hehe, anyway, I'm 14 and an avid liberal...pro-choice, pro gay rights, pro everything 3nodding  

EmilysShadow

Scooterlou

Friendly Star

4,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:27 pm
Hey, my name's Terrah, and I'm very pro choice. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:45 pm
I am Subari, my real name is Sophie, I am 14 and indulge in art and the sciences and like to study the boundaries of me and space. I am pro-choice, I saw Sensedog's sig in GD-Life Issues and clicked his sig and it brought me here. I am glad to be a member among you all and can't wait for what there is to come in this guild! heart  

Izukii

Keianna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:13 pm
Hey guys/girls... I be NEW! *gasps* Lookie! I have the button! *points at siggy* Anyway... I used to be pro-life, but then I was watching an something, and someone asked a girl what the most important issue for the election was... and she said "A woman's right to choose". I have to be honest... I NEVER looked at it that way before. So, being a way left libral, I started to consider pro-choice more. Then (yes, i'm ranting... bear with me...) I was in the car with my way-cool grandma and we drove by a bunch of people doing an abortion protest. I said to my g'ma, "I've made up my mind all of the issues, but abortion is the one thing I can't make up my mind on. Both sides make a lot of sense." and my g'ma agreed with me and said the she used to be pro-life and couldn't understand how people could just let a baby die, but changed her mind. When she was 50-something, she missed her period. She thought she was pregnant and freaked-- her children were grown up and had children of her own, she could cope with the idea of raising another child especially at this age. To her TREMENDOUS relief, she had only hit menopause. She said, "I got a glimpse of what someone would go through, not being mentally or physically prepared for pregnancy. But just because I'm pro-choice, doesn't mean I'm not pro-life. I would rather have someone give birth, but I wouldn't stop them for getting an abortion." I thought about that a lot... and soon afterwards became pro-choice.

So anyway... I think that if abortion is made illegal, things would just get worse, women would get underground abortions and probably get infections, or women would 'accidentally' fall down the stairs... SO, I am very pro-choice now. (hehe... I've seen the light.)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:20 pm
Hello! My name is Tori and I'm 20 years old. I've been pro-choice for as long as I've been able to think fully on such matters. I've been told that I have a democratic state of mind, but I'd rather not lable myself. Besides, I've probably changed since high school, where I was told I was a Demi.

Interestingly enough, I have a pro-choice father. It surprised me because I had thought for so long that he was a pro-lifer. Then I sat down and posed the question to him only to find out that he is, indeed, pro-choice. It was cool to be able to talk to him about that. And now I've found a whole community of people who feel the same as, or similarly to myself. Not an easy feat, sometimes, I fear.

I'm a chicka of all trades. I love the arts and nature. Religiously, I'm Wiccan, but my views, as a Wiccan, are a lot different than most Wiccans I've ever met. I'm open to new ideas and opinions, but if I believe something strongly, unless you make valid, logical statements, you aren't going to change my mind. I'm quick witted and loads of fun to hang around, if you give me a chance. If you don't, you see a big dork with sugar addiction problems. sweatdrop I like to talk but I love to listen. I'll give advice, but I usually hold my tongue unless I'm ASKED for my opinion.

On the other hand, when it comes to what I believe, I could go on for days. 4laugh I give everyone and chance and my biggest pet-peeve is people who gossip, especially behind someone's back. That's just rude. stare But ANYWAY, this is me and here I am! blaugh heart heart  

Crystal Blade of Shadow

FurryTyrant

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:31 pm
Thanks for letting me be part of the guild.

I'm excited to be part of the guild and soo pro-choice.

thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:54 pm
Dude, there's a new member thread. Wow. Anyway.
I guess I'm kinda' a new member. I've been a member for a couple of weeks. But haven't posted much in here.
I debate a lot, when I'm not busy with the infernal school work, with those ornary anti-abortioners on the "Wrights or Wrongs" thread.
So, there are so many reasons that I'm pro choice I'll only name two:
1. Pro choice is really pro life. Illegalizing abortions will only result in women's deaths. agi info page
2. I am under no circumstances an incubator for the government.
Anyway. Chow.  

orlandolyn

Glas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:56 pm
Hello everyone! My name is K.C. But feel free to call me Glas. I followed the link to this guild from somebody's sig and was happy to learn that I was approved.

I am happy to know that there is a place for Pro-Choice people to ban together. At least now I know I am not alone in my beliefs.

If anyone ever wants to PM me, I like meeting new people so feel free.

Yours in Lunacy,
Glas  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:48 pm
Hi, I'm Eli. I'm not particularly smart, but I've got a bit of sense, and that sort of leads me to the conclusion we've all reached.

In any case, I joined because I am pro-choice. I really feel for women in any situation who do not want to go through the pain of bearing a child, and I think I should share that people. I am also not very bright, as I mentioned. Hurrah help with explaining the reasoning behind my thoughts. I'm not too good at relating my feelings.

As I've stated, I really do think that a woman>a nickel hugging mass of tissue in a scare tactic photo, and that the host should be able to remove its parasite. I sure as hell wouldn't want to go through labor to produce a kid that would always wonder about and resent me. neutral

Yeah. Random rambling with bad paragraph structure. I actually just noticed this sticky. You all are intimidating, you know? You're very clever to come up with these things. Kudos to you. ^_^  

Eliora

Les_Clothed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:14 am
Hey hey friendlies, glad to have been accepted! The names Les and I am a very odd button so to speak. I joined because I am pro-choice from years and years of listening to people debate everything you can think of. I understand that there are situations where a woman cannot prevent getting pregnant and even more situations where a pregnancy comes at a very inoprotune time or a child cannot be properly cared for. Being close friends of many many people who were addopted/raised in a slightly...innable(for lack of a better word) home allows me to see where abortion would be a choice that would have benefitted all parties. Thanks for the acceptance, I would have typed more but I am very tired from just getting off work.

Les Clothed.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:26 pm
'ello o.o  

fubukatz

Anardana

Magnetic Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:29 am
Hi, I be Samantha.

Not sure what to write really...but here is my veiw on abortion...

Personally, the thought of abortion distresses me, but then again so does the thought of someone who doesnt want a child, having to carry one to term.

I find nothing wrong with the morning after pill, the abortion pill, or abortion in the very early stages, as long as this occurs under certain conditions. I.e if the pregnancy was a genuine accident and methods were used to attempt to prevent it.

I do not agree with surgical abortion as the embryo by this point is aware of its surroundings and i cant imagine how terrible it must be for the poor creature when abortion is carried out in the later stages of pregnancy.

If someone has been raped, I believe they have the right to an abortion, also if the person is not physically or mentally capable of carying out the pregnancy. But still, as long as the abortion takes place in the very early stages of pregnancy.

If however, the person is pregnant through sheer stupidity, I do not believ iit is right for them to have an abortion. If they are young or incapable of looking after an infant, then the child should be put up for adoption.

I also believe that you should have to take a test to be a parent. There are a lot of people (chavs) who are terrible parents and im sure many childless couples could do a better job of raising their children , they should be given the chance to prove it.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games