Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:45 pm
the strangeness
Techno Mouse
People assuming that you have to listen to music like slipknot and marilyn manson and have to wear all black trip pants and greasy dyed hair to be the least bit "Gothy".
Which I don't at all, which I why I don't openly label myself about this.

People not wanting to talk to you because they think you're "rude" or "antisocial."

What's worse is people wanting to talk to you because they think you're antisocial. They talk to you like a four year old and try and bring you out of your non existent "shell". For a while it's confusing, then it's humorous, but after a while it just gets old.

ahhhghk...this girl at school does that to me all the time. Uber annoying. The worst thing is that we're [almost..sort of...] friends. We've been talking and hanging out for a long time now. And she STILL does it. ._.
The other day my friend told me that she tried to convert her to christianity (sorry, but ew crying ) when she saw her reading a book on witchcraft or something. I'm afraid that's what she's planning for me next.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:56 pm
Maybe this is just me...but everyone think's I'm a warehouse for XTC, pot and drug paraphanelia. I don't have anything on me you idiots!!! For some reason they think I sell the stuff or use or have lighters and s**t on me all the time, I don't even have those at all. Oh, they also think that...
1. I'm homosexual (Hell, I don't know what I am...)
2. I'm an only child/Have older brothers (No, no, no, no...)
3. My parents are divorced (I wish...It would be better that way)
4. I live with a friend (Eh?)
5. I'm a drug dealer (Nope. Sorry)
6. I used to live in the UK (No idea where they got that from...)
7. I'm genderly confused (What do yah mean I'm not a guy? Kidding.)
8. I'm Greek (No where near Greek.)
9. I am my older brother (I don't even have one, that's two things wrong!)  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Surrealys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:00 am
Oh there are so many rofl
1. Dying my hair every few weeks...
2. The old women crossing themselfs... Hell Im only a strange girl not Satan himself O.o
3. People thinkin' Im a punk...
4. People thinkin' Im a nazi...
5. People thinkin' I wanna kill them... O.o
6. People thinkin' I have no decent job...
7. The clothes are soooo expensive...
8. Sewing my own clothes takes sooo much time...
9. I have not enough place for my clothes... I have way tooo many rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:38 am
Quote:
2. The old women crossing themselfs... Hell Im only a strange girl not Satan himself O.o

THAT is so true!! I hate that -.-''

eledh

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:52 pm
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
Satan, you mean...yeah, I get that, but I have fun baffling people when they ask me if I believe in god, I say no, then they assume I believe in satan and I still say no.

2. The price of Tripp clothing...
In all truth, I hate Tripp. Poorly made, hardly durable, and over priced. I'm glad I grew out of hottopic, though the baggy pants do make nice "lazy day" pants.

3. The price of gothic things in general
I can find things on sale in GAP and Wallmart sometimes, but most online things are expensive. I've gone to making my own clothes though.

4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
They have detergent for that.

5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
I don't put fashion over my circulatory system.

6. The damn stereotypes
Those do get very annoying.

7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
My parents are fine with it.

8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
Mine don't take long.

9. People stepping on your pants
People are too afraid to do that to me.

10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.
Never gotten that...

- I do have fun though when someone asks why I wear a dog collar. I just tell them it's a cat collar and they seem confused.

- Being drug tested constantly and searched at any little opportunity gets old fast.

- Those crazy bible thumpers who come up and hug you in public, totally invading your personal space, and telling you that jesus loves you anyway. I despise religious people who try to force their beliefs on others.

- The people who decide that because you are different it's perfectly fine to come up to you and purposly try to bother you when they wouldn't bother someone who dressed in average styles.

- The typical thing for girls- auto-slut. I still don't understand this one. Why does wearing black make me a skank, again?

- How you're never really left alone because you're too different or you're a poser because you aren't the exact depiction of the steriotype.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:20 am
I say one of the biggest pains is when stereotypical people confuse us with Emo's -_-  

TheDezPez

5,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:50 pm
XfreakyXchickX
I say one of the biggest pains is when stereotypical people confuse us with Emo's -_-

I have to agree with you on that a lot. Where I live there are a lot of emos so somehow I get lumped in with them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:58 pm
This sounds like something that would happen to other people, not just girls now that I think about it.
Mallgoths assuming a camaraderie for no other reason than you are both wearing black. Worse yet, assuming you want to go out with them.
There was a teenager hanging around my work this weekend who was trying to pick me up. As someone who spent most of high school being told my face was the true cause of bubonic plague, this was highly surreal. (I didn't date much in high school. At all, actually.) And having a stranger introduce himself, kiss your hand, ask you for your MySpace, ask you out; to the mall of all things; and then spend the next two days hanging about your work... is this normal behavior?

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

I heart Insanity

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:45 pm
1:ppl stare at me as I walk by like I was from a different planet

2: kids at school make fun of me and my clothes

3:school..well...this one kid scares me cause she always wants to do EVERYTHING with me no matter what I say just because I'm different....

4: I have 2 of the same shirts and pants, and ppl ask if I'm wearing them over again from last time no matter how many times tell them I have 2

5: at my school all the kids think I believe in everything satanic just because I only wear black or red..I don't...

6: KEEPING MY DAMN CLOTHES BLACK!! that's the hard one..=/

7: EVERYONE THINKS I'M EMO!! I TELL THEM EVERY SINGLE TIME..NOT EMO, its starting to piss me off.....

yah...hehe  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 am
Worship satin? I once did battle against a knight in white satin...
Tripp clothing? Tripp clothing was awwrite till it entered the malls... (i wear tripp clothing)
What's a gothic thing? Well I guess books are pretty expensive...
Keeping my clothes black? When washing a black article for the first time, use a cup of vinegar to lock in the dye...
The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation? I don't wear armbands...
The damn stereotypes? Obviously you want to adhere to a certain stereotype by calling yourself goth.
Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good? This is wise.
Chains on and off? I don't have to take off any chains...they stay attached...
People stepping on your pants? People don't step on my pants...
The anti- depressant every wants to give us. PAIN IS A PART OF WHO WE ARE IT DEFINES US AHH s**t  

vincejustvince

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:35 pm
oh so Extravagant...

+Stereotypes are so annoying.
+I AM NOT SATAN NOR DO I WORSHIP SATAN. I don't even believe in him, geez.
+I don't want to kill people either, I'm not sure where people get that idea from :/
+I also hate mall goths and those that are like"I'm hardcore goth" and then they just grow out of it in a few months because they don't know the difference between a phase and an actual lifestyle.
+The fact that everyone assumes I'm a horror movie expert when I don't even like horror movies :/ I think most of them are stupid
+I also can't stand when people avoid me or are afraid of me just because of how I look. I'm a really nice person and I like to meet new people regardless of their personal style. I have plenty of preppy, punk, scene, gamer, hippy, druggie friends xd
+I AM NOT A SLUT. NO I DON'T WANT TO HAVE KINKY GOTHIC SEX WITH YOU.

stare

User Image
My Art Request Thread

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:26 pm
I try not to talk to people, so theres not much stuff I find to be a pain in the a** except if I want to dress up one day I need to get up earlier then I usually do, and I'm not a morning person. Though, that could go for any "scene" that I was into.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Twisted Maggot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:34 pm
Hmm, I don't know about you guys, but these things bother me:

~People thinking I worship Satan
~People calling me emo
~People getting scared when I'm near them
~People asking if I'm depressed (Um... I don't know why they ask that)
~People telling me that Halloween is far away from now (Hell, I don't even dress all that goth a lot. I only have 5 gothic outfits, and I usually wear them on the weekends... Or when I feel like it)
~When guys harrass me and ask if I have a boyfriend (...wtf?)
~When girls ask me why I dress like a guy (Um, excuse me? Since when is wearing black jeans dressing like a guy?)
~When people ask me if I live in a cemetery  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:12 pm
silly people.  

the_underworks

Oterys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:25 pm
Hmm, well my list is fairly simple so here goes:
1. My mum's always griping about how I buy 'devil worshiper clothes'.
2. People who say, 'aren't you hot?'
3. The Jehovah's witnesses who assume I need their guidance.
4. My mum saying 'I hate that lipstick you've got on (well if you don't like it, buy me some you DO like...ya?)
5. Keeping black...black (not off black or grey).
6. keeping the eyeliner from dying beneath the rays of the sun.
7. re-re-re-applying the black polish.
8. Fighting off the adolescent boys who think they have a chance with me
stare
9. People who tell me that Halloween is over (You lie!)
10. People who tell me that black and black can't be worn together...
11. People who tell me that I look 'pretty' when they know it's a lie.
12. The way it gets hot (makes it hard going with those kick a** boots on).  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff