Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
What's your next SCA event? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:04 am
Unless I'm REALLY lucky I'll be waiting for May 1st - 2nd. Cae mor's annual Penguin Crusade event ... which, due to some ... inshire issues looks like it's going to be messy this year. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:39 am
News, news! I shall be attending Gulf Wars, though I won't be arriving on site until Tuesday afternoon or evening -- not QUITE in time to join the barbecuing contest, dang it, unless I do the cooking at home and then reheat the meat at War, which may suck.

Look for D'vorah bint al-Attar, husband Akim, and Akim's in-persona sister Tzipi. We'll be staying with Al-Mahala in a SoulPad 5000-Lite. You could probably also ask after "the Jewish family," because I'm almost certain we'll be the only ones there who are both Jewish and observant.  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:51 pm
GULF WARS! Woot!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:09 pm
Gulf Wars was TERRIFIC, until I got the flu and my tentmates packed me up and took me to a hotel on Friday morning. Full report later, when I'm rested.  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:15 pm
I'm headed to a Norse life and culture day next Saturday.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:36 pm
Sounds fun, Runa, and also as if, given your name, it's especially appropriate for you and your persona. Where is this event taking place?  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 am
I am indeed a Viking. Nice catch on the name, though it's a diminuative form of my actual persona name. Anyway, I'm working on making my persona more acurate so I'm really excited about this. As to location, the event is in the Canton of Three Hills in the region of Pentamere. In othere words, Kalamazoo Michigan.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:59 am
I admit to cheating, on the name. Our former queen's name was Runa, here in the Middle Kingdom. smile

Huh, you're right north of me. I'm in Tree-Girt-Sea, Ayreton, Midlands, Midrealm (Chicago).  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:20 pm
Well, that would make sense. Apparently, Runa can be a proper woman's name or a diminuative of any female name begining or ending in run or rune.

And I've been to a couple of events in (or close to) your area. Grey Gargoyles is right next to you right? Let's see, I went to Foxhunt and, of course, Coronation/40th anniversary last year.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:00 am
Anyone going to Potrero war? My dad and I are autocrating hospitality and so my household and crew and I are going up Tuesday.  

MorganOfCalafia

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:06 pm
Runa Whynd
've been to a couple of events in (or close to) your area. Grey Gargoyles is right next to you right? Let's see, I went to Foxhunt and, of course, Coronation/40th anniversary last year.

Yes, GG is just near me, in fact, though I've yet to attend an event there. I'm still quite new to this, so there hasn't been much opportunity. Plus, most events take place on days when I can't go, so that's prohibitive. Ironically, the bigger wars would be easier for me than the Saturday or weekend events, if only one or more of my traveling partners could get the days off work to come with me.

My next for-sure event will be A Simple Day In The Country this coming July, but my next possibly-but-unlikely events are Ayreton Arts Academy in May, Baronial Border Wars in June, and Northshield Warriors & Warlords in July (two weeks before Simple Day). After that, I might get a chance to go to Middle Kingdom Academy Of Defense and possibly Windhaven's Fall Fest in September, and that'll probably be the end of event season for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:23 pm
I'm not nearly that orginized about what events I'm going to.  

Runa Whynd

Anghared Starwing

Generous Shapeshifter

6,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:51 pm
Wow, I almost forgot I was in this guild. XD I'm getting ready for 'Coppertree Challenge: Battle on the Border' next weekend, and attempting to finish all the projects I need to do for Pennsic, which I should have worked on all winter.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:12 am
My next event will be A Simple Day In The Country, hosted by Barony Sternfeld (Edinburgh, IN). I finally have enough garb for a fresh change of clothes each day, and I've finally finished all the pottery orders that I'll be delivering to the event. I'm so excited to get to go, and to hand out my pottery to four different recipients! Now all that's left, really, is to plan my menus.  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Out to the Black

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:36 pm
Sort of pushing for Pennsic.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items