Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:51 pm
Well, i really did need to. mad d my butt was going numb.

Thanks! i'm rather fond of it. I was never too happy with "Mikono", but since kochan, kochy and kochi were all taken, i lived with it. and then i thought of a cute add-on for my name (one of my friends has called me kochi~mochi for years now, it just occured to me to use it) and went back and forth on it for a couple weeks. And then i decided that i would use it, and TA DA!

i spent like 10 minutes trying to decide if i would put ~ or - between kochi and mochi, though. mad D  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:50 pm
Well kochi mochi suits you well.
It is an awesome name so I guess it would suit anybody well.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:45 pm
Ok, so yeah --
I've been planning so much crafts lately, my newest one is a cheetah plushie for my friend Blaney. I ran out of stuffing tho lol

But I wanted to make 2 of Sakura Kinomoto's staffs -- the star one and the clow one, but i can't figure out how to do it, once i get that down pack i need to make like 4 lmao, a set for me and a set for my friend Cheyenne.
xD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:41 pm
I am one with the iron.... One with the iron....

I just spent the last hour or so ironing the seven yards of fabric I bought to feed my addiction even though I may or may not be able to pay for gas in a week. Pfft. No matter. If I can't drive, I'll stay home and sew.... bwahahaha. Yay cheap walmart fabric!  

Silvander

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:47 pm
I just spent ages ironing my skirt.
the stupid thing has bias binding on it as a decrotive thingey, wich looks fine on its own except that it folds and then I gotta iron it out flat again.
I swear I am gonig to zigzag stitch over the edges later so it stays flat!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:21 pm
Ouch.

At least you aren't trying to iron in dollie sized pleats. I'm -not- looking forward to that, just having the pleated skirts.

And of course, i want my 27cm (barbie sized) dollie to have a pleated skirt. gonk

Its gonna have to wait though.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:10 am
I finally bought a mini iron made by Clover so I could iron tiny things without burning my fingers. It was the smartest thing I've done in a long time.

@ Silvander: I have loads of fabric stored away awaiting a new sewing machine but I must have been going through withdrawls this weekend because I bought more fabric to add to the stash that I can't sew up. rofl So I understand your addiction and I feel your pain.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:21 am
*randomly complains*
ugh.
I hate the way craftster keeps deleting my posts just because they aren't specifically about the craft.
it is just soo much my instinct to get a conversation going in threads, but if you do DELETED.
arg!
I was like all, wtf.
specially since the post I made was an appology about a previous post I made. and now I can't appologise so people will think I am a buthead.

he he he...
buthead.
*gets mental immage and invites you all to join along*  

I be me
Vice Captain

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:16 am
It's ok, I don't think you're a butthead. biggrin

I've been doing a lot of knitting lately. And lots of random pattern making. Like Sunday night when I was doing a swatch of Seed Stitch to practice it, and it was soo pretty I decided to turn it into a belt. xd
I don't sew very much, so I don't have the fabric problem, but I just got a TON of free yarn from my mom's boss's mom because she had to stop crocheting, and most of it is discontinued or I have no idea where to get more, even IF I could find the same dye lot, so I get to come up with a ton of patterns that use small amounts of yarn. So lots of socks for me!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:50 am
i be me - man, that sucks. Thats part of why i heart LOVE heart this guild - it doesn't matter if we get a little off-topic. It doesn't matter if somebody wanders in with a thread "This guild is pimpin, yo". Part of why i'm so active in here, compared to other guilds i'm in, is due to that conversation.

and now, i sew that darn yukata that i've been putting off. I don't want to cut pieces! and i don't really want to sew something i'm not gonna see for a while. sweatdrop But i want to have it tried on to a dollie, and i don't have one. So i'm gonna have to send it out to someone who does, which means i don't get to see it.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:11 pm
I have an odd feeling I may end up joining the SCA after all, (simply for a love of arms and archery), and I would need to make new clothes for it. xd Cause simply, if I joined the SCA, it would only be for the opportunites to fight, etc, and hence, huge skirt would be annoying. I'd have a very un-girly character through there. ^^ If so, I think a womans version of pants (or whatever they be called based on the year it was) tucked into high boots, appropriate shirt, and bodice. The bodice and shirt would be fun. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:40 pm
I've met some nice people in the SCA, but then theres also people like my ex-uncle (divorced out of the family) who are initially nice, but then kinda gonk  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:18 am
My problem with the sca people is that I often run into people who dislike me on the sheer fact that I'm a rennie. That bothers me- deeply. Then some do the "well, your okay, but other rennies are (blank)". And that bothers me big time, too, because those other rennies are my friends and "family". But those from fight and archery in my barony are pretty cool and seem to tolerate me well. So, I might end up with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:30 pm
YAY! I finished my dollie yukata, i'll have to take pictures after i iron it!  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:13 pm
horray!

I have been spending all morning making ATCs for a swap on craftster.
They look soo good, I am so going to put pics up as soon as I am done.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games