Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Original Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:38 am
Maybe the Jedi Children were just young Force-sensitives, not actually the children of existing Jedi. After all, young Padawans were usually found and brought to the Temple in infancy. And even though Anakin murdered all the younglings in the Temple, there were a few other Jedi training sites scattered around the Republic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:41 pm
Durza the Shade
Maybe the Jedi Children were just young Force-sensitives, not actually the children of existing Jedi. After all, young Padawans were usually found and brought to the Temple in infancy. And even though Anakin murdered all the younglings in the Temple, there were a few other Jedi training sites scattered around the Republic.

thats what i thought when i read the title as Children of the Jedi. I was thinking, just younglings.  

FrozenPhoenix32

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:48 pm
the counsol never really told anikan not to fall in love with padme and have kids did they prehaps if two people share a bond like in the comic (i forget the name) where luke and mara marry they say something about a bond prehaps they only aproove jedi to marry jedi i dont know.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:50 pm
Throughout Episode III, Anakin and Padme make several references to the fact that if the council finds out he's married, he'll be expelled from the order. And Vergere, a Jedi of the Old Republic, gives Luke grief for allowing marriage in NJO.  

Mercury33

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:46 pm
yeah, Vergere gives him a lot of crap..

YOu hva eto take into consideration, The New Jedi Order is much much different than the Old Order. To begin with, no matter how much research Luke does, the NJO is more...millitaristic, but still in accord with the Jedi Code. You have to remember, Luke was shaped as a weapon to take out Vader and Sidious by Yoda and Obi-Wan.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:21 am
hmm...if marrage is forbidden, then someone explain to me the Nejaa Halcyon situation. because this thing has always confused me. xp  

Sol Walker
Crew

ShadowAkasha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:56 am
why do some of the jedi disapear and other dont? i have been arguing with my brother ove this can some one clear it up  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:13 am
hmm. somewhere the just finished that topic...I think galactic mysteries...  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:37 pm
speaking of jedi marriages, what about Nomi Sunrider?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:40 pm
hmm. confusing this question is....  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:59 pm
o.o; wtf? is this the 'talk like yoda' thread? *looks around nervously*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:17 pm
Nospai Deathous

Actually I can answer that one. Nomi was WAY before TPM and if you look hard enough, you'll see that the Jedi in her times actaully had a different Jedi Code even. So I think marriage was allowed back then, in fact I dont think it was till after the Ruusan reformation that the marriage ban was placed.

As for Nejaa Halcyon, there isnt an in-universe explanation as far as aI know, but that book came out before TPM, so for Stackpole knew, Vader was allowed to have children, and therefore, so was Nejaa  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:42 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Nospai Deathous

Actually I can answer that one. Nomi was WAY before TPM and if you look hard enough, you'll see that the Jedi in her times actaully had a different Jedi Code even. So I think marriage was allowed back then, in fact I dont think it was till after the Ruusan reformation that the marriage ban was placed.

As for Nejaa Halcyon, there isnt an in-universe explanation as far as aI know, but that book came out before TPM, so for Stackpole knew, Vader was allowed to have children, and therefore, so was Nejaa

so in essence, the new jedi order is accepting /old/ old jedi order ideas?

XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:21 pm
Nospai Deathous
FrozenPhoenix32
Nospai Deathous

so in essence, the new jedi order is accepting /old/ old jedi order ideas?

XD

I don't remember which book it's in, but I think I remember Nejaa's actions being explained by the fact that Corellian Jedi were kinda rogue. The marriage thing was just a way they were different, like Jedcreds, and the fact that they didn't stray outside their home sector (if you don't know what a Jedcred is, smack yourself then read the X-Wing series).

But I think Nomi Sunrider takes place after the Ruusan reformation. During the comics that cover her story, Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma are named Sith Master and Sith Apprentice, which would be in following with the rules instituted by Darth Bane after Ruusan.  

Mercury33

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:26 pm
Well, then that wouldnt make sense.

Some politician in the PT said "We havent had a war like this in a thousand years" or something along those lines.

Thats because time was redated to Ruusan, 1K years before.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games