Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Abortionater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:25 am
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai
Silver Mist
Kittywitch
If "marrying outside the religon" refers to a rennie or mundane.

If you know what a rennie or a mundane is, for that matter.

Hey now! As a rennie, and an SCA hopful, I dont get why the speration is so large. ><

sweatdrop Erm ... I'll let someone else with a more tactful nature answer that one! rofl heart

*giggles* no comment ^_^
And here I thought this one was self-explanitory. I guess it's just so ingrained that I can't think of the words to express the emotion.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:24 pm
I find it rather closed minded on both groups parts. Quite frankly, it reaks of a lack of understanding of each group from the other. And not all rennies are into fairy wings and other such s**t.  

Silver Mist

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:40 pm
The thing with rennies and SCAdians varies alot group to group.
(Because each group has it's own thing that it does. I mean, though our bardics and abiance kick a** in my group, alot of people only have personnas so they know what period to dress in. "Time to get in personna, Mistress Amytha." "...per-so-na..?")

There's a whole "We're one period! We're so authentic!" "That explains the 17th century pirates..." thing... and then the wide acceptance of Amy Browns in Renfairs...

We also can't forget both sides saying their fighting is manlier and cooler, the rennies because they use real swords, the SCAdians because it isn't coriographed.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:10 am
if every time you see a wooden plate of bowl you HAVE to have it.
(I now have 6 sets)  

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:18 am
Kittywitch
The thing with rennies and SCAdians varies alot group to group.
(Because each group has it's own thing that it does. I mean, though our bardics and abiance kick a** in my group, alot of people only have personnas so they know what period to dress in. "Time to get in personna, Mistress Amytha." "...per-so-na..?")

There's a whole "We're one period! We're so authentic!" "That explains the 17th century pirates..." thing... and then the wide acceptance of Amy Browns in Renfairs...

We also can't forget both sides saying their fighting is manlier and cooler, the rennies because they use real swords, the SCAdians because it isn't coriographed.

You also have to understand that ren faires have to amke money and some of what they do is not dictated by the people involved, but rather, the owners and the people who pay to come. The owner at our fair has screwed over so many plans to make it more historically accurate. We do what we can.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:39 am
Silver Mist
I find it rather closed minded on both groups parts. Quite frankly, it reaks of a lack of understanding of each group from the other. And not all rennies are into fairy wings and other such s**t.

I don't care if you're a Rennie or whatever just don't confuse the two, there are huge differences even between un-sanctioned events which are way more lax on a ton of stuff than sanctioned ones are. I acctually don't mind Ren Faires in fact it is a gateway to the SCA in a sense because yes they do do some of the same things like fighting and dressing up and what not, plus the vendors sell a lot of the same things so you know if someone is researching Ren Faires they could very well stumble accross SCA stuff and like that better(which I could only hope they would cuz its much more fun IMO)  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:32 am
Dema
Silver Mist

I don't care if you're a Rennie or whatever just don't confuse the two, there are huge differences even between un-sanctioned events which are way more lax on a ton of stuff than sanctioned ones are. I acctually don't mind Ren Faires in fact it is a gateway to the SCA in a sense because yes they do do some of the same things like fighting and dressing up and what not, plus the vendors sell a lot of the same things so you know if someone is researching Ren Faires they could very well stumble accross SCA stuff and like that better(which I could only hope they would cuz its much more fun IMO)

3nodding Well said Dema!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:08 pm
Dema
Does this make renfairs a gateway drug?  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Random Saxon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:17 am
Kittywitch
Dema
Sorta. The Ren faire is lower quality (no minimal offense) so really it's less addicting than us.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:01 pm
Random Saxon
Kittywitch
Dema
Sorta. The Ren faire is lower quality (no minimal offense) so really it's less addicting than us.
None taken, I just work there.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:55 am
SashaRavensorrow
You might be in the SCA if:

-You know all your friends SCA names..... But not their real ones.

It took three years for a family (who are now pretty much part of our family) to remember our mundane names  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:44 pm
You know your in the SCA if..

A) you repedeatly get your chainmail stuff taken away at school

B) your pissed that lights are gone beacuse your too banged up to do heavies

C) Mundane but interested friends from school want to pay for you to make a chain mail keychain  

MorganOfCalafia

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:54 am
You know your in the SCA when your friends come to you, hand you a pile of leather, metal, a box of roofing nails and a jar of pennies, sigh and say "You get it done in time and I'll try to authorize at Ice Dragon."

Without needing another word you make armour fitted to their persona.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:02 am
Snaebjorn
You know your in the SCA when your friends come to you, hand you a pile of leather, metal, a box of roofing nails and a jar of pennies, sigh and say "You get it done in time and I'll try to authorize at Ice Dragon."

Without needing another word you make armour fitted to their persona.

Roofing nails, eh? sounds... Unnerving to tell the truth.  

The Abortionater

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:36 pm
Not really. You use the roofing nails and the pennies for rivets. Drill out the center of the penny, put the roofing nail through the holes needing a rivet, cut off the end and peen over the end of the nail.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff