Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:20 pm
dronze
I now know a girl that killed her father by beating him to death with a blunt object.

Not that I cared about any of them, but I now get to give a former friend of mine the biggest "I TOLD YOU SO!" in his life.

Whoa... Know, as in an acquaintance or someone never spoken to?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:00 pm
as in she dated a formerly good friend of mine.

she's kinda the reason why we don't talk anymore.  

dronze
Vice Captain

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:01 pm
kobold505
User Image
Lil' Kobold sez:
Wow, your pillair of reason seems to be made of the crushed dreams of n00bs.
I want one.

perhaps, one day, when I've run out of crushed n00b dreams, I'll show you how to build your own pillar of ideals.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:43 am
Dronze tutoring class: To Break and Destory N00bs  

Black Hale

Krusadin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:19 am
How much do I have to pay for entering?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:04 pm
dronze
I would write a rant about that, however, there's nothing to rant about. you expressed your personal opinion of them quite eloquently, and you are, indeed, entitled to your opinion.

As far as my approach goes, yes, they can get quite scathing and personal, but it gets the point across quite well. Hurt feelings are not my concern, actually, if the person on the recieving end is offended by these, then I've accomplished something... getting through to them on some level.

Aside from the more benevolent side of my beloved DronzeRants, I do, indeed, have a more selfish reason for doing them...

my own personal amusement.

As sadistic as that sounds, It is, indeed, my primary driving force for writing them, although they do have a constructive point (generally).

As far as picking someone apart for a simple grammatical error, or misspelled word, that's just a side effect. I'm a fan of being thorough when it comes to pointing out problems... If I'm going to destroy someone's confidence (generally with the intent of breaking someone's pride enough for them to notice and correct the problem), I may as well do it so that everything gets corrected in one fell swoop.

With respect to your thoughts on these, I do, indeed, thank you for sharing your thoughts about them.

Ummmm, thanks?  

karmakeeper - bb

K0B0LD

Dangerous Wife

8,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:16 pm
dronze
kobold505
User Image
Lil' Kobold sez:
Wow, your pillair of reason seems to be made of the crushed dreams of n00bs.
I want one.

perhaps, one day, when I've run out of crushed n00b dreams, I'll show you how to build your own pillar of ideals.

User Image
Lil' Kobold sez:
Yay!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:22 pm
I like how Dronze phrased that, he didn't say pillar of crushed dreams or spirits. He instead said build your own pillar of ideals suggesting that this kind of thinking can be obtained by maintaining balance in your life. Then again maybe I am just over thinking things and speaking from my own perspective. wink  

LanceCalvis
Crew

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:39 pm
LanceCalvis
I like how Dronze phrased that, he didn't say pillar of crushed dreams or spirits. He instead said build your own pillar of ideals suggesting that this kind of thinking can be obtained by maintaining balance in your life. Then again maybe I am just over thinking things and speaking from my own perspective. wink

I noticed that distinction too... it might seem like raising dronze onto something of a pedestal here, but the rants aren't something that many people could pull off without sounding like ignorant bullies-- dronze brings a sense of intelligence and wit to make it amusing and enjoyable for readers. Thus it's better if people branch out and do their own things, I guess... sweatdrop That last bit didn't make much sense, but oh well.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:42 pm
Wording is always key, if you word something the right way, people can't take you out of context without looking like morons.  

dronze
Vice Captain

Ravenlady13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:00 pm
dronze is the smartest person I know, so that would explain the intelligence of his rants. I, too, knew the murdering b****bag dronze mentioned. I never liked her, frankly. Sociopath with psychotic tendenies. Not a good combination. Also an animal abuser stressed I can't wait to see her get what she deserves.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:02 am
Karma will get her... hardly our place to do much more after that.  

Black Hale

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:20 am
Have you guys ever seen the final destination movies? swear to God, they all made me laugh like a hyena on crack.... Karma, fate, destiny...
It's life, no one gets out alive. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:39 am
dronze
Wording is always key, if you word something the right way, people can't take you out of context without looking like morons.

Your correct but the key word in this sentence is looking. I'm sure you know someone that has a habit of coming up with complex conclusions for simple answers. wink  

LanceCalvis
Crew

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Lady Rayya
Have you guys ever seen the final destination movies? swear to God, they all made me laugh like a hyena on crack.... Karma, fate, destiny...
It's life, no one gets out alive. biggrin

I've seen all three of those movies and found them to be rather amusing. Karma really didn't have anything to do with the movie really. These people saw the reapers plan before hand and cheated death. Then he came back to collect the people that had escaped him. I thought the first one was pretty interesting but as the sequels came out the movie went down hill. The third movie is out right now if you plan on renting it.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games