Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:30 pm

Cale Darksun
Nelowulf
what you need?

If I needed something, I would have said it in the first post adressing you.
I was just saying Hi.

But since we're on the topic, what did you think of my Nar Shadaa Fighting Tourney idea?

What's that?

@ Johnny: I don't think converting a christian to christianity means you converted them. All you really did was pursuade a dude to do things a bit different. No offense, its just the practical view of things.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:33 pm

Anyone else reading(or read) World War Z along with The Zombie Survival Guide?

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:34 pm

Nelowulf
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf
what you need?

I was just saying Hi.

But since we're on the topic, what did you think of my Nar Shadaa Fighting Tourney idea?

What's that?

In the RP help desk, I mentioned the idea of Link getting dragged into an Underworld Pit Fighter Tournament on Nar Shaddaa. I considered the idea as a chance for more martially inclined Player characters to have the opportunity to beat the piss out of each other.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:36 pm

Nelowulf
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf
what you need?

I was just saying Hi.

What's that?

@ Johnny: I don't think converting a christian to christianity means you converted them. All you really did was pursuade a dude to do things a bit different. No offense, its just the practical view of things.
It is a big thing to bring Protestants back to the Catholic Church. There are some large rifts between the other Christian sects and Catholics so it is more than getting them to view things a bit different. Besides I get double points if I can convert a Lutheran!

Johnny Malone
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:36 pm

if its just in the RP, then really that's up to the PCs anyhow. Its not like it would concern me in any way.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Johnny Malone
It is a big thing to bring Protestants back to the Catholic Church. There are some large rifts between the other Christian sects and Catholics so it is more than getting them to view things a bit different. Besides I get double points if I can convert a Lutheran!

You're still not "converting" someone to a new religeon though. That's the point I'm trying to make. Just because you had some fusses over who cut the cheese doesn't make it a larger belief difference.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:39 pm

Nelowulf
if its just in the RP, then really that's up to the PCs anyhow. Its not like it would concern me in any way.

It was just meant to be in the RP.
And as a mod, not as your character, I was asking if it seemed a feasable thing to attempt.
From my understanding of such things, an event like that, should a good number of PC's get involved, could become a source of much bickering and god modding but on the flip side would present a unique opportunity for some good action and storytelling.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:40 pm

Nelowulf
Johnny Malone

You're still not "converting" someone to a new religeon though. That's the point I'm trying to make. Just because you had some fusses over who cut the cheese doesn't make it a larger belief difference.

I'm just crackers about cheese.
Sorry. Couldnt help myself.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:43 pm

Also:
Yay.
Over 30000 replies to the Cantina.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:43 pm

Nelowulf
Johnny Malone

Changing your Christian denomination is still called "conversion" by Catholics. So saying someone was a Protestant and converted to Catholicism is still considered correct.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:44 pm

Johnny Malone
Nelowulf
Johnny Malone

Changing your Christian denomination is still called "conversion" by Catholics. So saying someone was a Protestant and converted to Catholicism is still considered correct.

Only technically.
by Buerrecrat standards thats the very best kind of Correct.
And I hate Buerrecrats.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:44 pm

Cale Darksun
Nelowulf

And as a mod, not as your character, I was asking if it seemed a feasable thing to attempt.
From my understanding of such things, an event like that, should a good number of PC's get involved, could become a source of much bickering and god modding but on the flip side would present a unique opportunity for some good action and storytelling.
I would bite on that. I have formed an idea on why Iust might join the action.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:45 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Nelowulf
Johnny Malone

Only technically.
by Buerrecrat standards thats the very best kind of Correct.
And I hate Buerrecrats.
It's not just technically correct, that is what it is offically called. It's tradition.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:45 pm

Cale Darksun
Nelowulf

You're a mod too, Cale.

I just don't think that many people will participate.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:46 pm

Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf

I would bite on that. I have formed an idea on why Iust might join the action.

Aside from a large Purse to the winner as is the standard for an Underworld Pit Fight?
For Iust, theres countless reasons he could get involved.
Link would be a bit trickier.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games