Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuckerPunch!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:40 pm
UglyCoyoteNG
Kasaki- No no, its a good idea. what if it is a rare disease and I need medication? I don't mind at alll. As for ants, cover your door with bounce dryer sheets. they wont come in.

I know, I know. I just worry about you. As if to think that you have a rare disease isnt enough, to know you'd have to take a bunch of medicines that could who knows what to the way you act of feel would just be my death.

On the note of ants, I emerge victorious! The powder killed most of them and their trail. I guess the rain storm washed the rest away; they arnt here anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:41 pm
Sorry about your Gecko NG. My roommates had to put down the oldest of their rats, the one from their original bunch. It was my favorite of their's, so I'm a bit sad to have seen him gone too. My rats are fine still. They inherited his cage. Roxas still hates me though sad  

Af Mas

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:49 pm
Kasaki01
UglyCoyoteNG
Kasaki- No no, its a good idea. what if it is a rare disease and I need medication? I don't mind at alll. As for ants, cover your door with bounce dryer sheets. they wont come in.

I know, I know. I just worry about you. As if to think that you have a rare disease is enough, to know you'd have to take a bunch of medicines that could who knows what to the way you act of feel would just be my death.

On the note of ants, I emerge victorious! The powder killed most of them and their trail. I guess the rain storm washed the rest away; they arnt here anymore.
Uhg, I have ant problems in my room, and have a horrible time trying to keep them back. Our house is always plagued by them during the summer months. One of the reasons I am constantly cheering on the daddy long leg spiders we have to eat them all. Only wish the babies would stop climbing in the tub. I must have to rescue at least one or two spiders a night before I can take my shower in peace.... oddly enough, I also rescue the ants that get stuck in there too. I'm so pathetic. My big problem is I don't like to spray anything in my room because of my mantises. Last thing I need is my buggies to get poisned. Luckily sending my dad out every couple of weeks to just spray around the outside walls and windows of my room seems to work. It stops all intruders for a good two or three weeks. =3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:55 pm
Ng- My cat has cancer on his ears and nose. Luckily it is a slow moving cancer, but there isn't anything they can do for him. He has had it for about two years now, and thankfully it hasn't moved to any internal organs yet, so we are just crossing our fingers that it will continue moving this slowly. What it does cause however is scratching and fur losse on his ears and some around his nose. We have some pills we give him each day to make him itch less, but he still manages to scratch one of his ears up every couple of weeks to the point of bleeding. Nothing horrible, they usually scab over within a couple minutes, but it just seems so hopeless. Everytime it looks like his ears have completely healed as far as scabs, he rips them open again. It doesn't help that he splatters little dropplets of blood everywhere because he shakes his head and flicks his ears when they bleed because he feels the moister. At least we have got him eating good again, though we are going to need to cut back because the little furball is getting on the fat side again. XP  

Krissim Klaw

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:58 pm
Af Mas
Sorry about your Gecko NG. My roommates had to put down the oldest of their rats, the one from their original bunch. It was my favorite of their's, so I'm a bit sad to have seen him gone too. My rats are fine still. They inherited his cage. Roxas still hates me though sad
Awe Affy, I don't think Roxas hates you. He is just on the skiddish side. many smaller rodents can be that way, especially if they have been handled roughly (which happens a lot in petstores.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:03 pm
Krissim Klaw
Af Mas
Awe Affy, I don't think Roxas hates you. He is just on the skiddish side. many smaller rodents can be that way, especially if they have been handled roughly (which happens a lot in petstores.)

I've really been trying to get him to warm up to me. Axel is still super sweet, but Roxas always tries to bite me anytime I reach in there. I picked him up to make the cage transfer and he clawed the s**t out of my hand. Funny how he's the only one to pop his head out when I open the cage, but is still scared of me  

Af Mas

SuckerPunch!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:04 pm
Awr, I'm sorry to hear that, Kriss. I have a cat also and luckilyy she hasnt contracted anything. She's extremely durable actually, its kind scary. She's literally escaped the jaws of the coyote with only too little lump on her side were it bit her. She also got into a fight [And lost] and had to have surgery on her neck. She's a tropper and I really hope that you cat is the same way. From what it sounds like though, he'll pass away from old age rather than the cancer.
For his ears, have you considered putting the lamp shade thing on him? If he cant stratch perhasp he'll loose the habit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:08 pm
Af Mas
Krissim Klaw
Af Mas

I've really been trying to get him to warm up to me. Axel is still super sweet, but Roxas always tries to bite me anytime I reach in there. I picked him up to make the cage transfer and he clawed the s**t out of my hand. Funny how he's the only one to pop his head out when I open the cage, but is still scared of me
Well have you tried the treat way. Just get one of his favorite treats and try to get him to take it from you. If he does, then next time, place your hand a little further away and make him come to you for the treat. After a while, he will associate you with treats and come looking for food. As you go you can work on trying to gently pet him when he is chewing on the treat and such. Eventually you can phase out the treats and such. Most rats do love human attention he just needs to bet past the scared phase. If your really worried about getting bit, there are special gloves you can get to help prevent that so you aren't afraid when handling and don't have to think about that part of it.  

Krissim Klaw

Af Mas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:20 pm
Yeah, I should do that. My roommates buy Yogis for their rats, they're little yogurt treats made for small pets, and their rats eat them up. I bet mine would like them too  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:44 pm
I know it's a grim topic, but. What's the primary method of pet euthanasia for rats? I've been wondering about this, since the rats I've seen tend to struggle and scream and break nails when getting an IP injection (the best route for drugs that need to act fast, like a fatal overdose of painkiller). But the preferred alternate method I think is not particularly humane, and it makes me physically ill.  

Shaviv

Af Mas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:50 pm
Shaviv
I know it's a grim topic, but. What's the primary method of pet euthanasia for rats? I've been wondering about this, since the rats I've seen tend to struggle and scream and break nails when getting an IP injection (the best route for drugs that need to act fast, like a fatal overdose of painkiller). But the preferred alternate method I think is not particularly humane, and it makes me physically ill.

As far as I know, it's an injection.

A long time ago though, I had a friend whose younger brother had a hamster. After a year or so, the hamster got sick and developed a huge tumor, and would shreik loudly in its cage. So their dad decided to put it down, and took the cage and put it in the garage with the door down and turned on their car. You can figure out what happened afterwards...And I dunno how this makes me feel myself  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:05 pm
Af Mas
Yeah, I should do that. My roommates buy Yogis for their rats, they're little yogurt treats made for small pets, and their rats eat them up. I bet mine would like them too
Yes, or you can go with some veggies. Most mice love veggies like little pieces of carrots or apples. Just might want to look up what the suggest ones are since it can very amongst rodents.

My hamster had the same problem with a tumor that developed on his leg. Eventually it got to the point where one day he was crying in his cage. I was real young at the time and away at a girl scouts meeting, so my dad took him on his own and went to the vets to have him put to sleep. He actually brought it up how it was not a fun thing to watch. They pretty much stabbed the hamster in the heart with the liquid. The only thing I could think is finding out if they can pump some gass through a rat to make him drousy before the actual shot. Or a shot of relaxiant before hand.  

Krissim Klaw

Af Mas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:07 pm
I'm just a bit mortified at how my friends' dad euthanized their hamster. I suppose maybe it's humane, it just suffocated pretty much, or died from CO poisoning, but it's just...unusual  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:13 pm
Af Mas
I'm just a bit mortified at how my friends' dad euthanized their hamster. I suppose maybe it's humane, it just suffocated pretty much, or died from CO poisoning, but it's just...unusual
Well at least he just put the cage in there, though I would think that was really dangerous. Things like having a care on in a closed garage have been known to end up spreading through the house and killing people inside also. I don't know I feel kind of sad there was no one there to hold the hamster as he went. I remember hearing of people killing animals that way only they stuck their noses up the exhaust pipe and held them there while they struggled. There was also nothing wrong with the animal, I think it was a rabbit, except they didn't want it. Bastards.  

Krissim Klaw

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:14 pm
Shaviv

at the vet hospital, we did direct injection to the heart. It's one of the fastest ways to do it and that's the usual way they do it to small animals because the veins are usually too small to inject regularly with a syringe. When we trap the rats out side that haven't fully died from the steel traps, we drown them in water. I don't do it..but my mom does. Of course..I could never imagine doing that to a pet rat, especially if you don't hold them down long enough and they come up still struggling.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games