Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:03 am

The sith aren't necessarily evil, just...different
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:29 am

What are you talking about? Since when have this sith done anything for the good of others?

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

XDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:35 am

AH but the line of true evil from selfish-ness is fine.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:42 am

When have you seen a Sith do something besides slaughter, manipulate or otherwise control some being or group of beings?

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

XDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:46 am

Hey, the Empire wasn't evil was it? I think not.

And besides, i remember hearing something that the sith weren't evil, just a different way of looking at the force
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:51 am

Yes by the Sith Lord trying to corrupt a Jedi Knight who was extremely powerful in the force. And how can you say that the Empire wasn't at least partially evil. Do you not recall the oppression of all non-humans? Not to mention their lack of hesitation to destroy a planet of innocents in order to find out the location of a Rebel base?

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

XDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:53 am

Right that's where i heard it...i knew i wasn't making it up but still..

I wouldn't call the Empire at whole evil, just a few individuals are, Tarkin for one.

And the segregation of alien species was not evil just... wrong. It's not like they enslaved all alien races and tormented them.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:57 am

Right, tell that to all the wookiee slaves who built the Death Star. And then got to be the first test subjects.

Now in Legacy, the Empire that was under Fel wasn't evil, but you can't say that the Empire under Palpatine wasn't evil.

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

XDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

That was one species. Then the American government was evil also for exploiting the chinese, irish and black people, and enslaving them

The Empire at a whole wasn't evil during Palpatine's rule.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:45 pm

XDragon
That was one species. Then the American government was evil also for exploiting the chinese, irish and black people, and enslaving them

The Empire at a whole wasn't evil during Palpatine's rule.

If you really think that the empire's xenophobic principals didn't exist, then Name three non-humans to reach high ranks in the Imperial Military. I'll even let you use Thrawn. And you won't succeed.

The empire is inherently evil under palpatines rule. Between palpatines cruelty and Tarkin's thirst for everyone fearing his a**, the two were quite the couple.

It isn't until the sith are taken out of power does the empire even begin to resemble "good" in any form or function. Multiple species were enslaved, and those who were not so lucky met predujice in other forms. Such as Fierrre, whos entire planet was wiped out as a "test" Vader gave to one of his acolytes.

Evil? OF course not. With 3 counts of genocide, 13 counts of slavery, and hundreds of other crimes against humanity, of course they're not evil. While we're at it, let's look at the rap sheet of the sith. Oh wait, on the other hand, my fingers and I don't have 10 days and 50 pages for you to read.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:54 pm

Trying to prove the empire is not evil just doesn't work. All it goes to show you is that you're trying to invent a philosophy different from what is intended using the facts shown in the most unerrous of lights. Any dip who doesn't have the three brain cells needed to get that litle information down their throat and know that's the point of the empire needs a head examination. They're not there to be happy, fuzzy, and good. Not by western idelology. Any defense put up in their behalf misrepresents the intentions which they're suposed to symbolize. It also represents a blind eye turned to the proportion of facts which are given. While you may come up with one redeeming factor here and there, One good deed does not save his a** in comparison to a lifetime of bad.

The sith are evil. Point in point, they represent evil. Give me any sith, even count dooku (a man who was never called a "murderer", only a political idealist by the jedi themselves), and I'll still point out their corruption. Evil does not have to mean they actively are out kiling ten people per minute. Evil in the sense is to describe a state of corruption that is present in people that brings out successive numbers of flaws that we all see and often times are forced upon the public mass. Don't understand that? Evil is the state of moral decay. Nowhere do you see any imperial or sith out there without some moral decay. But more importantly, they are incapable of salvation from their own states of decay.

That's the operating definition and perogative set down by GL. Base someone off the nazis, are you honestly trying to hurt your "good guys"? Why not base it off the romans or someone with a less anti-humane nature? Oh wait, because they are the bad guys.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:09 pm

Way to go Nelo the empire is entirely evil no matter how you put it.

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:18 pm

Missing nin Itachi
Way to go Nelo the empire is entirely evil no matter how you put it.

Were you one of the interested in the Gundam RP? I got an OOC thread here:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24130507
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:22 pm

Ugh... The Empire is evil argument.

Okay under Palpatine the Empire was pretty evil, but all Empires practice the same sins as the Galactic Empire, racism, slavery, and genocide are all elements of every Empire, from the British to Roman.

stellarmagic

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:25 pm

Not to mention America, but they are not an Empire.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games