Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuckerPunch!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:10 pm

Leyla Giselle
Crenn
Oh just ****ing great. I spend and hour writing a draft for a writing folio, the rest of the class upset, and what's the ****ing comment I get when I get the draft back?

Quote:
This is awful - the content, I mean.

I suggest you EITHER throw out the story and develop this OR research [your sister's] condition and write it as an article on heart conditions.

Oh yipee ****ing do. **** it, I'm just going to throw this away and find something else to write about.
Well the fact that you only spent an hour on it, shows little effort. You should also try and explain more, like Krissim said.

The last thing he needs is somebody telling him whether he put enough effort into it or not. Just because it took an hour doesnt mean he didnt put any effort into it. Truely, that note when he got it back wasnt even a critique it was just a flat out rude comment.
I'm sorry that happened, Crenn. Unfortunately, thats all i can say until you give us more detail.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:48 pm

Why is it that some people feel like they have a sense of entitlement to s**t? It bugs the s**t out of me, me, who HAS a sense of entitlement to whatever it is I want. But really, why do we always want what we want and then mope when we don't get it? I really want to know.

FogSage

Af Mas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:51 pm

FogSage
Why is it that some people feel like they have a sense of entitlement to s**t? It bugs the s**t out of me, me, who HAS a sense of entitlement to whatever it is I want. But really, why do we always want what we want and then mope when we don't get it? I really want to know.

Because people like winning, and winning means a lot to people. It's a sign that shows we're as good as we like to think we are, and when we don't get that, it tends to be a blow to one's self-confidence. I think more emphasis should be placed on effort than absolute winning and losing, but it really does kind of suck to not win. A lot of people think they're entitled to the best of everything and get down when they don't get it. That's just how it is
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:54 pm

FogSage

It's quite simple. You can't have everything in life. if you wanted something and mope when you don't get it, you obviously didn't want it that bad.

Zanzarus

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:03 pm

Af Mas
FogSage

Because people like winning, and winning means a lot to people. It's a sign that shows we're as good as we like to think we are, and when we don't get that, it tends to be a blow to one's self-confidence. I think more emphasis should be placed on effort than absolute winning and losing, but it really does kind of suck to not win. A lot of people think they're entitled to the best of everything and get down when they don't get it. That's just how it is

People shouldn't have to depend on winning in order to feel good. I've failed all my life and somehow I still manage to live a fairly good life and be happy about it (most of the time). Besides, if people are so focused having to feel good by winning, then I must say I feel rather sorry for them.

I'm done. Sorry for the mess.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:04 pm

FogSage
Af Mas
FogSage

People shouldn't have to depend on winning in order to feel good. I've failed all my life and somehow I still manage to live a fairly good life and be happy about it (most of the time). Besides, if people are so focused having to feel good by winning, then I must say I feel rather sorry for them.

I'm done. Sorry for the mess.

People like to win. There's nothing wrong with that.

Af Mas

Crenn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:14 pm

Here, you read it.

Quote:
Untitled

Imagine this, you are sitting on a bench at Parliament Station, waiting for someone to arrive soon, there are other commuters on the platform, they're doing their own thing. A train pulls into the station, several people get off including a young woman, she looks very happy as she talks to someone with her. She suddenly stops walking, standing like something's wrong, the person she's with hasn't noticed that she's stopped and not with them. They continue walking off until about 7 metres away they realise, they turn around and start running back, screaming out a name, a name that in your memory will eventually disappear. You turn your head to see the girl is no longer standing, she's on the ground and she's convulsing.
"PAUSE!"
A young man walks onto the screen, he looks stress but is trying to be calm.
"What would you do? Would you just sit there and watch? Would you get up and rush to give aid? Or would you just ignore it completely?"
You blink and look around you, you're no where near parliament station, you're sitting in a chair, a video on the television screen.
"This is just one of many events that has happened to the girl. But to me, this girl is special. Because she is my sister."

Sometimes there are things in life you can't control. Whether it is your aunty or your uncle getting cancer, whether it is a plane crashing into the ground, you can't control it. No matter how hard you try, it is impossible to control it. The day she fell and convulsed was a day I'll never forget, even though I was no where near there, I'll remember the news, the stories, the turning point in her life. Who knows what would have happened if not for the friend that was with her, but luckily her friend called an ambulance, she was discharged from the hospital the next day. They did not think it was of too much concern. But they knew nothing. As the years progressed, he conditio would get worse, much worse. She'd have to take over 20 tablets of medication, learn how to walk again, listen to people tell her that she was too young to have a heart condition. That was 3 years ago, a lot of things have changed since she collasped the first time. Her name is and she's only 23 years of age. She's only just beginning to gain enough strength to walk a little without crutches. It's been 5 weeks since she lost the ability to walk, the reason for it is still unknown. But I think I better start at the beginning, work my way up the series of events which has left her like this. Disabled.

Little effort , Tolera? I think not, I couldn't continue writing after that hour, I was crying in class, if you want to take a piece of me. FINE, but do it to my face, but understand this, it has never been easy to live with this.

Anyone want to know why I behave strangely? Read this and think.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:17 pm

Guys? PMs. >_>; Thank you

Af Mas

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:38 pm

Well I don't agree with the way it was said, but your story does need a lot of work. First off, I'm still not sure whether it is suppose to be an essay or short story? I need to know which one before I can crtique it properly.

Quote:
Untitled

Imagine this, you are sitting on a bench at Parliament Station, waiting for someone to arrive soon, there are other commuters on the platform, they're doing their own thing. A train pulls into the station, several people get off including a young woman, she looks very happy as she talks to someone(replace with something more specific) with her. She suddenly stops walking, standing like something's wrong (replace with a specific action like clutches her chest, gets a dazed expression, the person she's with hasn't noticed that she's stopped and not with them. They continue walking off until about 7 metres away they realise, they turn around and start running back, screaming out a name, a name that in your memory will eventually disappear. (no idea what you are trying to say) You turn your head to see the girl is no longer standing, she's on the ground and she's convulsing.
"PAUSE!"
"What would you do? Would you just sit there and watch? Would you get up and rush to give aid? Or would you just ignore it completely?"
You blink and look around you, you're no where near parliament station, you're sitting in a chair, a video on the television screen.
"This is just one of many events that has happened to the girl. But to me, this girl is special. Because she is my sister."
Seems pointless unless this is an essay on what to do in case of a heart attack

Sometimes there are things in life you can't control. Whether it is your aunty or your uncle getting cancer, whether it is a plane crashing into the ground, you can't control it. No matter how hard you try, it is impossible to control it. (<--- Condense into either one sentence or just cut) (Don't play coy, tell us she is your sister up front)The day she fell and convulsed was a day I'll never forget, even though I was no where near there, I'll remember the news, the stories, the turning point in her life. Who knows what would have happened if not for the friend that was with her, but luckily her friend called an ambulance, she was discharged from the hospital the next day. They did not think it was of too much concern. But they knew nothing. As the years progressed, he conditio would get worse, much worse. She'd have to take over 20 tablets of medication, learn how to walk again, listen to people tell her that she was too young to have a heart condition. That was 3 years ago, a lot of things have changed since she collasped the first time. Her name is and she's only 23 years of age. She's only just beginning to gain enough strength to walk a little without crutches. It's been 5 weeks since she lost the ability to walk, the reason for it is still unknown. But I think I better start at the beginning, work my way up the series of events which has left her like this. Disabled And after all that, this is where you should have started to begin with. Your real story hasn't even started till here. The rest seems just like a warm up. I would probably cut it all and start over at the beginng. The only thing I might keep is have the first paragraph as an in scene event of what happened..

That would be my critique on your draft. Keep in mind it is just a draft. It seems however most of it was just a warm up. This isn't uncommon. Many writers even great ones, take a couple pages till they warm up to the actual story at hand. Don't feel bad. We had a couple stories in my class that were 12 pages plus and were told their story really didn't begin till the last parragraph. <.<
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:38 pm

Crenn
Here, you read it.

Quote:
Untitled

Imagine this, you are sitting on a bench at Parliament Station, waiting for someone to arrive soon, there are other commuters on the platform, they're doing their own thing. A train pulls into the station, several people get off including a young woman, she looks very happy as she talks to someone with her. She suddenly stops walking, standing like something's wrong, the person she's with hasn't noticed that she's stopped and not with them. They continue walking off until about 7 metres away they realise, they turn around and start running back, screaming out a name, a name that in your memory will eventually disappear. You turn your head to see the girl is no longer standing, she's on the ground and she's convulsing.
"PAUSE!"

Sometimes there are things in life you can't control. Whether it is your aunty or your uncle getting cancer, whether it is a plane crashing into the ground, you can't control it. No matter how hard you try, it is impossible to control it. The day she fell and convulsed was a day I'll never forget, even though I was no where near there, I'll remember the news, the stories, the turning point in her life. Who knows what would have happened if not for the friend that was with her, but luckily her friend called an ambulance, she was discharged from the hospital the next day. They did not think it was of too much concern. But they knew nothing. As the years progressed, he conditio would get worse, much worse. She'd have to take over 20 tablets of medication, learn how to walk again, listen to people tell her that she was too young to have a heart condition. That was 3 years ago, a lot of things have changed since she collasped the first time. Her name is and she's only 23 years of age. She's only just beginning to gain enough strength to walk a little without crutches. It's been 5 weeks since she lost the ability to walk, the reason for it is still unknown. But I think I better start at the beginning, work my way up the series of events which has left her like this. Disabled.

Little effort , Tolera? I think not, I couldn't continue writing after that hour, I was crying in class, if you want to take a piece of me. FINE, but do it to my face, but understand this, it has never been easy to live with this.

Anyone want to know why I behave strangely? Read this and think.

Well Crenn, its not the best piece of literature I've seen, But the concept is you main focus, you portrayed that very well. You in no way deserved the comment you recieved so serve that person a nice big plate of "Shut the ******** up" with a side of "Go to hell" next time you see them. If the cant deal with the reality of sisters heart condition then they shouldn't have bothered reviewing it, how dare they tell you to "Research" your sister heart condition and turn into something more general. ******** them and idiotic remarks.

-End protective rant here-

SuckerPunch!

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:42 pm

Kasaki01

Well Crenn, its not the best piece of literature I've seen, But the concept is you main focus, you portrayed that very well. You in no way deserved the comment you recieved so serve that person a nice big plate of "Shut the ******** up" with a side of "Go to hell" next time you see them. If the cant deal with the reality of sisters heart condition then they shouldn't have bothered reviewing it, how dare they tell you to "Research" your sister heart condition and turn into something more general. ******** them and idiotic remarks.

-End protective rant here-
Well I can understand why they would say research it. He doesn't sound like he knows much about it because of the way he told it. For instance I still have no idea what type of heart condition. Medical details and specifics are an important way to gain the trust of the reader so that they believe what he is writting is true.

I should however probably stop debating this here. Bottom line is I think the critiquing was done poorly. You deserve better than an it sucks kind of remark. If you want to talk to me over pms Crenn feel free to pm. Or you could always post this in the art section if you want other opinions.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:02 pm

I guess I must be bitchy today, because I'm angry at the idea of doing the dishes. Just because I slept here last night, I'm, without any say on the matter of my own, am suposed to do it, without any complaint. This is such bull s**t. neutral

UglyCoyoteNG

SuckerPunch!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:21 pm

UglyCoyoteNG
I guess I must be bitchy today, because I'm angry at the idea of doing the dishes. Just because I slept here last night, I'm, without any say on the matter of my own, am suposed to do it, without any complaint. This is such bull s**t. neutral

Sounds like you're bitchy to me. What's irking you, NG? Other than the dishes, that is.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:45 pm

Ooooh, jesus ******** I'm mad.

I have a few choice words to say to my "father". You can tell me I'm a lazyass all you want. You can tell me that while I'm in your house I do what you tell me too. You can even accuse me of stealing money; I enjoy the look on your face when you find it right where you left it.

BUT.

You do NOT accuse me of LYING about the status of a commission. I take my artistic job fairly seriously, especially when I'm being paid hundreds of dollars to design a logo for my FAVORITE UNCLE. Who happens to be your brother. DO NOT TELL ME I'M LYING TO YOU AND I HAVEN'T ACTUALLY STARTED IT YET. I have ******** dignity. It's my process: I do not show drafts to people who aren't the person who ordered the commission. I do not show ANYTHING that I'm not comfortable with yet to ANYONE. ESPECIALLY not someone who belittles my other work on a daily ******** adoptive parent. I just want to kick his a** sometimes..

Drama, drama, drama. *angry seethe*

Nekoyaki

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:00 pm

Indeed there is drama. I just KNOW some people are going to be giving me dirty looks soon.

I'm tired of all the bullshit in this guild. I'm SICK of it. I wish I could do something about it, but I can't. Makes me mad. Oh well.
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games