Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:31 am

That what pisses me off about someone who stomps all over someone elses picture or idea and says it sucks. Makes me want to beat them for not respecting anothers mind of things.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:50 am

Des Voh
That what pisses me off about someone who stomps all over someone elses picture or idea and says it sucks. Makes me want to beat them for not respecting anothers mind of things.

It is possible I'm not respecting the artist's mind of things. I'm not respecting yours for endorsing it definatly.

For all the artist knows, he coud have just seen that pick and slapped a few phrases on it in utter ignorance. I can't blame him if he doesn't understand the original artists intentions (because i know thhat picture did not start off with those lyrics on it).

You're the third person in line, I can mock it all you enjoy. I can judge your character, and potentially the artist who did the lyrical addition, wihtout infringing upon anyone's rights because they can be highly classified as destruction of artistic property.

By your definition, perhaps you should rethink why you're pissed off at me, because I'm not mad at someone' elses picture. I'm digusted at the idea and its desecration of the original idea of the character. To me, whoever created the pic is stepping all over the original design and saying they suck. And it makes me want to beat them for not respecting others mind of things.

You'll need to perhaps broaden your own mind, Des. Because right now, you've got a more narrow vision than I. I see at least three parties in this right now. You see only one, and you're failing to take that into account. If you're willing to stomp over people disrespecting art, perhaps you should consider what you're doing. Because you're disrespecting an opinion on art. Much like I'm disrespecting your opinion, you're disrespecting mine. And that is pure hypocrisy. As you cannot claim you are "right" because there is no such defined line in the world, you and I are both wrong as well fundamentally. So in essence, you should really consider your position before considering your next words. I'm simply debating the effect. I'm not suggesting a totalitarian solution such as destroying your opposition to contain your own personal belief. If your side is that weak that oyu have to result to threats and desires of destruction to maintain it, perhaps you should either abandon it, or become a martyr.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:08 pm

Des Voh
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf
Des Voh
Nelowulf
Des Voh
The warrior within Zechs/Millardo is the reason I choose that song.

Say what?

Wtf does that got to do with anything? If any reason, that makes it even worse because you turn a fighter into a sobbing woman..
*Sigh*

Its an artistic point of view I saw it from Nelo. Not something you can judge.

That's where you're wrong.

I can judge all I damn well please. No liberal-minded slave owning democratic polititician is going to try and tell me I can't.

And you wonder why I don't trust you as a mod.

Hawk says he's got no balls.
I'm pretty much in agreement with him. Makes me ponder why he ever thinks he can match wits with me.
Art cannot be judged no matter what.

Because the only person art truly matters to is the person who created it. If someone else mocks ones creation, it only shows that no two people think the same.

Judge it all you wish, but it makes no difference of what you think about it.

Its like putting ones own personal preference against another's. It just doesn't work.

Uh huh.
So Art only matters to the artists.
Bullcrap.
Art is for others, not the creator. If the Artist really didnt care what other people thought, then there would be no art. All Art is the effort of Artists to present a mental image to others where they can view and or experience it.

Des, you're so full of s**t that its pouring out the oriffices of your head. How about you do us a favor and think about things before you open your meattrap.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:22 pm

*Glances back at the picture thats spawned this recent arguement*
...Zechs drinks?
Thats an odd image to wrap my head around.
I can imagine Treize having an ocasional wine, but I never pictured Zech having some gutrot.

And Freebird doesnt go with Zechs. Freebird goes with only one Gundam-esque thing I could possibly think off:
Lowe Gear, Professional Salvager and Pilot of the Red Astray Gundam from the MS: Gundam Seed universe.
Thats it.
And I'm reaching there because he's almost too happy go lucky for Freebird.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:30 pm

Hmm...here's a thought.
Who'd win in a fight? 300's Leonidas, or God of War's Kratos in his Mortal form.
Its the ultimate Spartan Smackdown.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:48 pm

Cale Darksun
Hmm...here's a thought.
Who'd win in a fight? 300's Leonidas, or God of War's Kratos in his Mortal form.
Leonidas from 300 would win. Mortal Kratos stands no chance. (Which is odd for me to say because I love the character of Kratos) In a side note; Cale I will be home on Sunday.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:56 pm

Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Hmm...here's a thought.
Leonidas from 300 would win. Mortal Kratos stands no chance. (Which is odd for me to say because I love the character of Kratos) In a side note; Cale I will be home on Sunday.

I was wondering that.
In the Morn or afternoon?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:02 pm

Probably afternoon. My flight gets in Saturday morning and I am going to spend the day in Lincoln. One of my favorite Irish bands, The Killigans, is playing for $5 that night. It's an 18+ show so there will be less of a chance for annoying highschoolers there.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:19 pm

Ah, speaking of leprechans, who's going to be the first victi to get the shamrocks on gaia?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:19 pm

I got all of them and have the big item. It dissapoints me...

Johnny Malone
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:21 pm

I think the big item should have been warwick davis...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:24 pm

Warwick Davis would have made me happy. A leprechaun would have really cool.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:24 pm

Yeah.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:28 pm

Agreed. This leaf thing makes Hawk unhappy.
And then he goes and plucks out someone's eyes.

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:28 pm

Besides the character of Johnny Malone is not the same without his drunk hallucinatory leprechaun, Flannigan. Good times indeed.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games