Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Role Playing IC and OOC
• Legionnaire High School™ • [.roleplay.] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like this thread to be a permanent roleplay in the guild? (w/out free uniform)
  Yes please!
  I don't really care.
  Sure...wouldn't hurt.
  NO.
View Results

okiedokoro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:00 pm
"Now that was quite pleasant. Not nearly as painful as he made it seem to be." Even though his tail was, in fact, better, he still had this odd wrenching feeling in his stomach. I just don't understand what's wrong with me.... I'll guess I'll just have to find someone here that can see insides. There's gotta be someone at this school that can do something like that. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to go raid the library. And I'm sure Ms. Librarian won't be happy to see me back so soon after I ate her secret snack stash... So Isaac began his venture into the wild world of school to search out a helpful student or an answer in the books.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:15 pm
Lance decided after the grades he'd received. That the students were not properly understanding the assignment. So a day or so would be needed to explain the equations so there would be higher grades in the class. And therefore less work for his grading assignments. He walked up to the chalk board in the front of the class. Grabbing a hold of a piece of chalk as he started writing on the board.

Expressions and Formulas
We often use mathematical expressions like 4(x + 2y) - 5x3. This expression contains the following kind of symbols.
constants: 4 2 5 3
variables: x y represent unknown quantities
operation symbols: + - tell which operations are involved
grouping symbols: ( ) tell order for doing operations

The following numerical expressions all represent the number sixteen. Sixteen is called the value of each expression.

42 9 + 7 (12 * 2) + 10

In the expression 42, the base is 4 and the exponent is 2. An exponent indicates the number of times the base is used as a factor.

42 means 4 x 4. 101 means 10.
x5 means x . x . x . x . x. (note: the dots represent multiplication signs and are sometimes used this way).

What is the value of 4 + 3 x 2? You might evaluate the expression in one of the ways below.

Multiply 3 and 2. Then add 4 Add 4 and 3. Then multiply by 2.
4 + 3 x 2 = 4 + 6 4 + 3 x 2 = 7 x 2
= 10 = 14

Which one is correct? If you answered the first one then you are correct. This is why.

A numerical expression should have a unique value. To find this value, you must know the order for performing operations.

1 Evaluate all powers.
2. Then do all multiplications and divisions from left to right.
3. Then do all additions and subtractions from left to right.

Thus, the value of 4 + 3 x 2 is 10  

LanceCalvis
Crew

x Silent Sonata x

Dapper Spotter

8,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:12 pm
*neko-chan looks at the paper and starts it*
1. 2 + 8 - 3 = 7
2. 5 - 3 x 2 = -1
3. 5 - (4 + 3)2 = -9
4. 2(6 + 1) = 14
5. 2 x 6 + 1 = 13
6. 33 - 23 = 10
7. 3(22 + 3) = 75
8. 52 * 25 = 1300
9. 2 + 52 = 54
10. (5 - 7)2 = -4
11. 2(3 +8 ) -1 = 21
12. 2( cool - 8 * 4 = -16
13. 52 - (3 + 2)2 = 42
14. 3 + (3 - 3)3 - 3 = 0
15. 3 x 2 - 2 = 4

::All DONE::!!!
---
lol im not sure if i got them all right  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:34 pm
::kino looked around confused::
Where...oh...
::kino took a seat on the floor at the back of the class::
hopefully...he won't notice me till afterwards...
::kino started reading his book which had dried::
....hmm...

-----

[Sorry, I won't have time lately for the guild, I am super busy with band and my ministry stuff..]  

Dameon the -V-

tkdauronXIII

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:43 pm
::Tk approaches the school not knowing what has taken place in his long absence::
Well...I wonder how the school's been doing since I went away to do my research. Catching up on some of my assignments should not pose a problem for me. Now then...What to do?
[Sorry, hehe...I haven't been logging on lately so I don't know too well on what's going on. I really did go away on a trip. I went to an anime festival lol! It was good. So far I've read the past 4 pages. Now it seems Lance has finally figured out what he's gotten himself into in coming to LHS. It also seems like he's been blasted for his ignorance early on and now he is working on adapting to a new environment that he did not expect to teach in. Help me fill the gaps will you guys?]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:31 pm
sadly, i have no idea what is going on either.... Lena said to the person above...  

OakbingNoona

Timid Bunny

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

okiedokoro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:42 pm
{[We've had lunch, Lance almost got his face clawed off, class started again. Random people can start trickling in about now. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to make my little virtual meat puppet do... so... interaction is cool. sweatdrop Oh, and Kino hurt himself and there was a party of people that went to go help him in his dorm... So... jah....]}  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:38 am
Lance set down his chalk after having written on the chalk board. He was hoping that information would be enough. Because the entire explanation of the lesson he was trying to teach. Was actually about twice the size of what he'd written on the board. But currently that information would be enough for the assignment he'd already passed out. Surely it was enough, these beasts couldn't be that far below normal human intelligence His mind started to wander like that. It was like someone was whispering this in his ear. It didn't even fully sound like his own voice. Perhaps he had gone mad. He stopped himself from even thinking like this quickly. He could not afford to show hatred toward these creatures. He would have to befriend them. Or at least make the lot feel comfortable in his classroom. If he was to win them over. To the point where they would listen intently to his lessons. Then you can crush them. Another odd thought crossed his mind. He had no intention of doing anything like that. He was a tad scared of the beast creature only fearing retaliation for what he had done to his tail. But other than that there was really no genuine concern he would have for these students. Everything had proceeded fine up to the point where he learned the truth. Proving that these students were just like any other High School students.

After that string of thoughts he held his head with his right hand. Speaking to the class he just stood there with his face turned away from them. He didn't dare let the class see what was in his eyes. He wasn't sure of what they would see himself. I will right back class....maybe...probably. He walked out the door heading for the bathroom. Looking himself in the mirror he attempted to find a logical explanation to all of this. He'd already come to terms with all of this magical none sense. So why was it he felt like he was Vanhelsing in a vampire costume. In a nest filled with somewhat trusting Vampires. He was somewhat divided about his feelings about all of this. But most certainly didn't feel the need to hunt them. If anything he only wanted to understand them. And try to act as if nothing was out of the ordinary in this school. He saw his reflection in the mirror and it seemed to smile at him. He felt his lip curl up into a smile in spite of the fact he didn't feel much like smiling at the time. It was the voice again speaking to him and he was halfway convinced fearing it actually might be his own speaking to him in his own mind like logic and reasoning were now in a war with one another. These creatures have lived in this world unknown to all for this long. How do you suppose they actually survived for this long. There would have had to be someone they harmed along the way. They are monsters and that thought alone. Would be enough to make them feel like outcasts. How many of them do you think decided, that because they had been wrongfully labeled as monsters. That after many attempts to prove people wrong they finally gave on on humanity. Deciding to do what there ancestors did all those years ago to earn the label that had been placed on them. This is the outcome that awaits these creatures. They are at there most vulnerable in this school with you. There will be no one that would suspect you.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

master of 7000

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:39 am
*walks to the backyard* Hey everyone!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:59 pm
--nothing--

(srry i just wanna say i wont be replying so much, because im very busy lately)  

x Silent Sonata x

Dapper Spotter

8,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

OakbingNoona

Timid Bunny

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:30 pm
same here (im on a project, and its not like you guys talk to me much here anyways lolz ^-~)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:38 pm
After an exhaustive search of the school, Isaac could search no longer. There was no choice but to enter into the library. There were, however, other entrances than the front door. So he found it most appropriate, considering his history, to enter through an open window near the top of a nearby tree. Using his acrobatic abilities to their fullest, Isaac swooshed and flipped through the air and into the library. Sneaking into the back room, where all the interesting stuff was kept, Isaac sneezed as the musty dusty air met his nostrils. The twilight-like dimness was not a problem for his eyes and searching through each tome's title, he finally came upon one that seemed to hold promise. It didn't have a title. Only a picture. A small, black fox, surrounded by flames, seemed to guard a lock on the book. Almost as though it were the keeper of a most sacred diary. Just as Isaac started to pull away with the tome, his back met a rather unwanted body. The body of a rather peeved librarian.

"And what do you think you are doing?!"

"I was just..."

"Stealing a book! Just like you stole my cake! I should've known!"

"No! No! I just needed...!"

"To find some other way to torment me, huh?! Well, let me tell you something, mister...!"

And suddenly, Isaac grabbed her hand and pulled it close to his heart.

"It hurts, mam. It.. it really does. And I just... I just don't know what to do now. Please... I need to know what's wrong with me. I know you don't much like me... but I.... I don't wanna die. Please, don't let me die...."

The librarian was rather taken aback by this confession of whom she had once felt to be a cake (and now a book) fiend, a wave of sympathy flooded over her.

"If you think this book will help you... then keep it. I could never open it anyway. Just remember one thing. When you get better, you owe me a piece of cake."

His eyes growing large and teary, Isaac gave her an embrace warmer than any he'd given anyone before. And as quickly as the embrace had begun, it broke as Isaac hurried quickly to his dorm, which was rarely used for anything but the most secret of ventures.  

okiedokoro

tkdauronXIII

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:49 pm
::Tk appears behind a bookcase in the library after witnessing Isaac's rather shocking event unfold before his eyes and begins to whisper to himself in a careful manner::
Well...I'm rather relieved that he didn't look into the wrong book. Lest he would find out a secret that would have killed him indeed. Perhaps I should monitor this particular student more closely. I care not for his confession for I have an even greater burden on my shoulders compared to his. I must continue to keep a close watch over this forbidden wing of the library. It's a good thing the librarian was there.
[Thus the mystery of Tk begins to unfold as the true nature of the school and his research are slowly revealed.]  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:43 am
::kino flies down to the ground floor::
The school...its....becoming more active..its...chaning..
::kino flies around the empty corridors::
It should be class time, where is everyone...
::kino goes on top of the roof::
theres...the library...I see..people..
::kino flies down to the library and presses himself against the wall outside of it to over-hear the convesation and see isaac running out::
...him...but..he..he looks distressed...
::kino takes off to follow isaac to see what his next action is::  

Dameon the -V-

I-Kurisu-I

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:02 am
*slips in through dorm door* whew, thank God that i wasnt caught by any teachers, --my name is Ryu and have been undergoing some major changes, not like the way your thinking, im changing, morphing into something elseit is very odd, as is this school,--  
Role Playing IC and OOC

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff