Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pirategirl27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:10 pm
-hesitates before entering-

Well, hmm, let's see here.

My name is Elizabeth Ann, but most people call me Lizzie, Mage or Magie (not that hard to pronounce Mage and Magie. Mage is M-age and Magie is M-age-y. I don't know why, but some people have trouble with pronouncing those two nick names). I like Veggie Tales songs (yup, Veggie Tales. They've got a good message, you know?). I'm 14, and I'm a freshman at GBS. I can be pretty dang litterate, as the About section on my profile shows! xd

Check my About section on my profile for any other info, I hope to get to know all of you. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:08 pm
Howdy doody ya'll. I'm new, I'd like to think I am literate and I'm an amateur writer(Sci-Fi/Fiction). I'm 15 and didn't learn to read until I was ten. . . umm. . . yeah. I hate it when Republicans find their way into my peach stew and my pumpkin sonar is malfunctioning. Any ways I'm glad to be here and ROCK ON!  

(LD)Croaks

xalisae

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:26 am
Greetings and salutations, all. I'm Xalisae (I suppose you can call me Xal), and I enjoy drawing, reading, writing, singing, and lurking (as you might be able to tell from the gap in time between my being added to the guild and then finally posting). Go ahead and add over-using parenthesis to that list (obviously). *snickers*

Thank you for having me. Please feel free to browse my artwork at xalisae.deviantart.com, and if you find that you like my style, send me a pm with a request and I'll try make something for you in exchange for money or goodies, since I'm actually rather new to Gaia.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:14 am
Firstly, I'd like to say thank you for letting me join. -Hugs all around.-

And secondly, I'll say this now, I love this place!

Okay, now that's done with I can bore you all ><;;
My name is Kitty, and I'm 15 from the UK. My main interests lie with reading, writing and art (even though I can't draw to save my life). I enjoy gaia too, which is why when I go on hiatus for the four months surrounding my exams I'm probably going to develop some sort of withdrawal symptoms. Yeah, I'm hoping that either that doesn't happen or that I start to write more.

I completed NaNoWriMo in November with 104,810 words and it's something I'm extremely proud of. Then again, I won't brag- but if you'd like to read little snippits, perhaps involving killer clowns or a slapstick death scene- feel free to ask me about it. heart

Grammar is my anti-drug. Not that I'm perfect, in fact I'm far from it, but it makes me happy and safe to know that I'm trying. All these really illiterate people on Gaia make it so much harder for me to communicate with them. ><;; Capitalise your damn I's people!

Yeah, pet peeve ^ . Either than one, I think when my friends/people say renember in stead of remember, and say then instead of than. That's just lazy. :[

Anyway, I'll shut up now, but if you'd like to message me, feel free!

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

dray911

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:06 am
Im not one for long speeches of introduction so I am just going to say that im 14 and my name is Danny  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:24 am
Hi. Mark, 19. I don't write, I don't read much, but I enjoy reading and writing. Ha! Yes.. It confuses me too. I like to read books, I like the stories and endless possibilities that they can endeavour to deliver, and I like the endless possibilities that writing brings, but I'm just too lazy.  

Marcus McFlufferson

joziejo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:50 am
Hello!

My name isn't Jozie, but my dog's is. I'm 26, married, live in Omaha, and just went back to school for my el ed certificate. (I was a French major the first time around.) I come from a Scrabble-addicted family and have always been a stickler for good grammar. I love to read, both fiction and nonfiction, though I don't make nearly enough time for it. I also like to travel, camp, climb, listen to NPR (Jazz Profiles and This American Life are my favorites), and study languages.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Hi there;

I'm new, that's right brand-spanking new biggrin . So I thought I'd be a good person and introduce myself to y'all.

So here goes.

I'm Recluso. No that's not my real name but you know how it all goes, internet security yadda yadda. Anyhow, it's nice to meet y'all smile

R.  

Recluso

AceDespara

Dapper Explorer

9,025 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:00 pm
Hmm. An introduction is in order I suppose, though anything I say will likely be dreary and dull compared to previous introductions. Ah well, judge me how you wish. I'm 16 and I've been literate (or least known I had a brain and how to use it) since I was 3. I'm not a child prodigy, god forbid a little good luck be thrown my way every once in awhile confused
Anyway, glad to be here with people who don't use the internet for an excuse to slack off and do a hack-job on their own vocabulary.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:19 pm
I'm Kate.
I'm 14 and I seem to have better grammar than my science teacher, as well as my parents.

Society is crawling downwards...

Octopus Complex

Dreaming in the Theatre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:49 am
::Wanders in, before flailing::

Hello~ You can call me Saph Yuuki, or that's what you can call me. Actually, you can call me Saph, Nana or Reita-kun, but Saph is my name on Gaia. But now I'm rambling.

I've been on Gaia for four years now, so I've been watching the literacy rate fall to basically...well, nothing. I've been literate (or so I hope) ever since I started, and I don't plan on changing. So, I'm glad I was accepted into this guild! ::beams::

I'm 15, Taiwanese and Dutch descent. I love people who use large vocabulary, thus, I have a "Vocab Heroes" section in my profile. I'm rambling again.

Right-o. I don't know what else to say but...Nice to meet you all!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:07 pm
Hello people!
First of all, thanks for letting me join. I'm sure I'll love it here. ^^
I hope you guys like me, because I'm sure I'll like you.

Now, I figure that you'd like to know a little about me, so here I go.
My name's Elora, but you can call me whatever you like. I'm 16, and a sophomore in high school.
My favorite thing to do is read, and I visit the library often.
Er...I'm really rather literate, and it bugs me when people aren't, so this seems like a very good place for me to be.

I'm not on all that often, seeing as I don't currently have a computer at home.
But I do try to log on at least once a week when I'm at my mom's house or the library,
so you will see me sometimes.

If you want to know anything else about me, feel free to ask. ^^
PM me anytime if you want to talk (but it may take a while for me to get back to you).

Well, I guess I'll shut up now. Good day to you all!

<3

Incognito Ferret

-Evan Everwood-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:15 pm
Sure.
I'll introduce myself.

The name is Evan.
Got it memorized?
I am 13 years old.
:]
I'm probably the ONLY litirate one out of all of my friends.
Which, as some of you know, is annoying as hell.

I have a mad obsession with music.
'Tis my life.

3nodding

Mostly playing it, though.

I play piano,
Guitar,
Bass guitar,
Drums,
Xylophone,
Saxaphone,
Clarinet,
And some others that I can't think of right now..

That's basically all
I'm sure you'll see me again.
>:]
I have pictures in my profile, for those of you who want to see them.
Thanks for accepting me to this Guild by the way.

Later.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:18 pm
Sunshine Moonlight
I'm Kate.
I'm 14 and I seem to have better grammar than my science teacher, as well as my parents.

Society is crawling downwards...

Hah.

So true.

Once I corrected my Language Arts Teachers final copy of her story.
Which I thought was hystarical.

dramallama  

-Evan Everwood-

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games