Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noir Role Play Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: epic, magic, battle, adventure, fable 

Reply Noir Role Play Guild
introduce yourself to the rest of the guild members >;3 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yes yes... pool hoe D<
  pool hoe indeed
  *clicks*
  *ignores pool hoe*
View Results

A Heros Lament
Crew

Aged Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 pm
yeah about the books..... i havent found a single book that i've enjoyed. i've only ever really read the harry potter books, one so i can find all the faults in the movies, and two because i was sooo booooored....... its not often i've seen a book that can hold my attention past the first few pages. plus i'm homescooled, i don't get much intelligent human interaction either  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:42 pm
doesn't mean she's not;p  

h a n g r y

h a n g r y

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:43 pm
A Heros Lament
yeah about the books..... i havent found a single book that i've enjoyed. i've only ever really read the harry potter books, one so i can find all the faults in the movies, and two because i was sooo booooored....... its not often i've seen a book that can hold my attention past the first few pages. plus i'm homescooled, i don't get much intelligent human interaction either
read battle royal!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:48 pm
A Heros Lament

Books today have really gone on a steep slope downward. Have you tried some of the older novels?  

Tick

Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

Tick

Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:49 pm
Kyrian Valorion
no, shes not, i knew the word, and i can pronounce it too yet

And I honestly fail to see how that hinders any of the previous statement.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:49 pm
who needs human interaction when you have gaia
stare  

h a n g r y

A Heros Lament
Crew

Aged Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:52 pm
h a n g r y
who needs human interaction when you have gaia
stare

good point. but it gets lonely in my cold dark room.... oh well, people are cruel beings anyway... present company excluded and yes, i've tried much older books, even ones that look like if i touch the page it'll all fall to dust.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:54 pm
What genres do you enjoy?  

Tick

Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

A Heros Lament
Crew

Aged Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:55 pm
fantasy. a little science fiction. but, basically if i can find a book that's set in the perfect medieval plot, then i'll be happy. and i've read ender's game, that was probably the only sci book i've enjoyed that much though  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:56 pm
Tick
A Heros Lament

Books today have really gone on a steep slope downward. Have you tried some of the older novels?

yeah i have to agree some of the older novels are quite good, i can think of a few really good authors you might want to check out, david eddings, gary gygax, terry brooks  

Haviv Oltalon

Tick

Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:59 pm
I have yet to read them, but the Narnia series or Lord of the Rings, perchance?

EDIT: The Earthsea Saga is also very good.

EDIT EDIT: The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett is both Midieval fantasy and comedy rolled into one.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:06 pm
the dune books were supposed to be really good, but if your looking for medieval fantasy, look up the other authors i suggested, they are all of that genre some are a tad slow to start, but phenominal books none the less  

Haviv Oltalon

A Heros Lament
Crew

Aged Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:10 pm
Thanks, I think I'll have to check out that discworld  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:24 pm
best of luck hiro  

Haviv Oltalon

A Heros Lament
Crew

Aged Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:32 pm
Thanks, but I fear I'll need more than luck and a basket of cookies  
Noir Role Play Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games