Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:22 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin glanced at the sullen Sever. And raised an eyebrow at him. She'd wait for him to explain. You can't force information just as you can't force true power.

Roisin was now thoroughly glad she had decided not to conjure a magpie to disrupt the Hufflepuff Table. She didn't know Dante's sister, having only seen and spoken to Rebecca at the station, but she neither wanted to anger Dante by such an attempt nor did she want to pick on a House that seems to be bullied often if the other members of Slytherin House would not have just as proud or accepting of their younger siblings being placed there.

Roisin had read up on the Houses, of course, but without a familial history in attendance here at Hogwarts, she hadn't understood the rivalry between Houses and just how far it went until now. She had thought both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff suitable Houses next to her first choice, Slytherin, and far better than the apparent thoughtless and reckless Gryffindors.
"I see no reason why she wouldn't be happy in Hufflepuff. From what I know of the House, it houses fair, determined witches and wizard, many of who end up in positions of law makers, healers, and the such."

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 am

User Image

He smiled and this time it was a soft smile. "She would make a great healer" he said as he glanced over at the Hufflepuff table. Rose was smiling and her confidence had gone up. Now he was happy that he talked about Xenos and Yuan with her back home. He hoped Yuan would watch over her and keep her safe from any in the other houses who wished to pick on her. "More than once she has helped me with a scrape or two" he said laughing slightly as he remembered one of the first small wounds she helped bandage. The bandage had been all askew and did nothing for the bruise underneath but it was the thought that counts.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:36 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin smiled and laughed. "Don't assign a role for her. Especially not yet. Even you don't know how well she'll grow or in what direction her talents will reach for so soon." She thought about what her brothers expected of her and what they already thought she should be. She didn't even know if she wanted to; there were so many options to limit one's self so soon or to have others limit you. "Her inclination toward nurturing may bring her to the path of a teacher, herbalist, animal care taker, or she may be happy just being a mother. It's easier on the younger sibling when their older brothers and sisters highlight all the possible paths." Roisin shrugged and blushed. "Well, that's how it is for me. Murchadh tries his best."

User Image

((OOC: FYI - Brothers in this order - Belenus, Owen and Risteard are twins, Murchadh and Lorcan))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:43 am

User Image

"Yes I suppose I shouldn't. She does have the potential to be what ever she wishes.She is a very smart girl" he said with the same sweet smile still on his face. No matter who it was he was talking to if he was talking about Rose then for anyone that knew Dante either in passing or personally would see the rare sight of a gentler him. The thought of his little Rose being a mother made his smile wider. She'd make a much better mother, so much better than that .....He stopped his train of thought as it turned to his mother. The smile on his face vanishing when her image came to his mind. His smile clumsily reappeared on his lips as he tried to turn his mind back to Rose.

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:53 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin watched the smile bloom on Dante's face. He looked so - proud and soft at the moment. It was really rather sweet. But his smile vanished before returning, shaky and false looking. She knew that look. It happened to Belenus whenever he and father got into a row, and he tried to hide it from the rest of them. His pressure alone as the heir, well he took the brunt of father's ere. "Are we able to hop to the other tables? Will you go visit her and congratulate her? She may need to be assured, even if she knows logically you love her, that her placement won't change anything between the two of you." Roisin said, trying to help him to become happy again. School should be a place of escape of family pressures. For the small amount of time they were attending, it really shouldn't be hindered by expectation that won't really matter for a few more years. Alliances mattered at the moment. And strengthening them so that they'd survive once out of Hogwarts, but not expectations.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:48 am

User Image

"To be honest I am not entirely sure if I can" he said with his forced smile still on his face. "Besides after all is said and done here I can go and congratulate her....I am worried though that the others may ignore or pick on her due to her relation to me" he said looking over towards his sister. She seemed happy enough but so far it was only one girl and Yuan that had spoken to her. All others seemed to be ignoring her. He continued to struggle with thoughts of his mother which then turned to thoughts of his father. This caused him to flinch only slightly. He was thankful that he was starting to get that reaction under relative control. "Perhaps you should get to know her. You would make a great friend for her. Well..as long as you don't mind her bright attitude and love of pink" he laughed but it was dry. "Despite being placed in Hufflepuff you'd find her to be very well raised. She is polite and knows her manners" he added with a small inclination of his pride for her. He was the one who practically raised her so the fact that she turned out so well made him happy.

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Feverw0lf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:07 am
Second Year Slytherin Student: SaLevera Sykes

User Image

Levera noticed Nott at the other side of the Slytherin table. She caught his eye and gave him a strange look. Something was wrong with Nott and it was bothering her. He seemed....different...his aura heavier, darker. Not like he was evil or bad or anything, but more like there was something troubling him.

He had been this way since the end of last year. Levera had watched as he suddenly lost interest in everything around him, he even seemed to lose interest in his womanizing...or at least he didn't seem quite as enthusiastic about it.

She tipped her head at him and studied him for a few seconds more before speaking, “ So, Nott, I missed you this summer. What were you up to?

~~
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:23 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin followed Dante's look and smiled. His sister, Rose, was lovely looking, and did seem overly sweet and kind. Roisin didn't let that fool her, she knew to strangers, especially adults or in crowded areas that she was most uncomfortable for her, Roisin seemed sweet, innocent and often weak. That perceptive allowed her freedom that free realized. Rose, being a Prince, and Dante's sister, no doubt had hidden talents under her cheer and pink.

"Do you really think she has already claimed you as her beloved older brother?" Roisin asked, tilting her head. "And prehaps she is ignoring the rest rather than the other way around. Maybe they had said something unwise and insulting about you or something or someone else she cares for deeply." Roisin thought about her own brothers. If they had attended Hogwarts, Roisin would expect them all to make their way over to her, even if they were in Gryffindor, and be happy with her placement. Encouraging her. Well, not everyone was like her brothers. Maybe she expected too much of older brothers.

"I hope we do have classes with Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw would be nice too. I would like to develop alliances with students of those Houses." Roisin nodded and looked between Rose and Rebecca. Hmmm. Wouldn't that do a good bit of shaking up. An alliance of three Houses, leaving Gryffindor out. That was amusing. "I look foward to meeting her. Prehaps I could hop in your stead? Though I still think Rose would love to see you."

User Image

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:31 am

User Image

He laughed a little "hmm probably but I wouldn't mind if she didn't" he said glancing at her every now and then. "Well I would not want you to get in trouble so it is alright. I can speak with her later. besides I would not want to hamper her ability to make friends without me being there" he said looking back at Roisin. Rose needed to gain her own strength. She already was very strong for having to endure being home his first two years but she need strength now to be on her own away from home. Of course he would not ignore her entirely but for now this was her time to shine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:42 am
User Image
User Image

Charon sat queitly listening to the converstation around him. This year was much quieter and frankly it was nice. Folding his hands under his chin he closed his eyes a light smile on his face. He liked the ounce of peacefullness that was going on. Dante seemed to be making friends which was good. He needed more of those and not just allies. Etheris slide onto the table and coiled neatly near the crook of his elbow. 'Now I have a feeling we're about to have something break this silence.' He thought to himself with a small sigh.

Don't you wanna go for a ride?
Just keep your hands inside
And most the most out of life
Now don't you take if for granted

Life is like a mean machine
It made a mess outta me
It left me caught between
Like an angry dream I was stranded
I was stranded

And I'm steady but I'm starting to shake
And I don't know how much more I can take

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:46 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin nodded in acceptance. Looked at the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables another time. An alliance with them would not be misplaced and have it's own advantages.

It was getting quite personal now, and Roisin's governess would be tapping her pointed black flats, arms crossed at this conversation. After all, Dante and Roisin didn't have a formly alliance nor did they know each other to further this conversation. Knowing when to change the subject rather than make the other uncomfortable was display in discipline, comprehension, respect and power. Or so Miss Lochman always said. And Roisin didn't want an astral projection of the older woman showing up now.
"Maestro has beautiful markings. I have a King Cobra at home, Seti, but he is as black as obsidian." She grinned thinking about him. "He's probably tormenting the houseelves."

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:52 am

User Image

Dante glanced over at Charon but decided not to disturb him. He seemed like was enjoying himself and the peace. Maestro joined Etheris on the table. Although her master was preoccupied he wished to have a nice chat with her "sssshsssaaaahsssssssssshassssssaahssshhhssaasss" he hissed to her with a small nod of his head.
Dante turned back to Roisin at the mention of her own snake. He chuckled lightly at the comment of her snake bothering the servants. " Thank you, he is rather magnificent isn't he? and Ah yes, Maestro likes to do the same actually." he laughed."your snake sounds just as magnificent, perhaps I can see him someday?" he questioned.

((OOC translation of parsel tongue- Are you doing well so far? This ceremony can be rather long and dull cant it?))

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:05 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Smiling, Roisin watched the snakes conversing. If she wasn't careful, she'd start hearing their conversation. Not that she could ever speak with them, but hear them was another story entirely. It was rude to eavesdrop, especially on serpent conversations, so Roisin looked back at Dante and nodded. "I wanted to bring him, but my parents negated that." Roisin blushed at that. Her parents were either super sentimental, which they were when it came to her. They had bronzed all her baby shoes and displayed them as trophies in the family den. All of them. Or they were holding Seti hostage to ensure she returned for the holidays and when school ended. "He's more like a family serpent than just mine, though he stays in my room and bed with me instead of with my parents or brothers. I think they're body tempatures are too low for him to be truly comfortable around them for more than a few minutes. Especially if he wants to curl around their shoulders or arms."

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 am

User Image

He laughed. "that is understandable. I have a large fireplace in my room at home and he loves to curl up on the stones and sleep there most of the day." he laughed and looked at Maestro. He seemed to be enjoying himself as he spoke with Etheris. A chuckle left him then he turned back to Roisin,"He has told me more than once that he wishes to breed with Etheris" he said unintentially saying Etheris with an elongated hiss at the end. He did not even notice that he had done so.

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:17 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

The hiss at the end of Dante's sentence lingered in the air. He was quite talented. She wondered if he spoke several language besides the two.

Roisin watched the two serpents hiss and coil and recoil near each other. "Any marking on those babies would be beautiful. Charon, does Etheris feel the same way?" Roisin asked Charon. She would have asked Dante, but Etheris was Charon's companion and he would know best. She didn't want to exclude him from any conversation. He would obviously making a very good ally as well as Dante in the future.

User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games