Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:45 am

William RadcliffeUser Image

Will smirked and shook his head. "Muggle police are so easy to evade with magic. And if they catch you, 'Obillivate' and they forget why they were after you, and who you are anyways. But then again, I don't suggest using magic outside of school until you're seventeen, otherwise the magical police will come after you, and they're not so easy to evade. My father is Head Auror, so I would know." He smirked and stuck his hand into the water, making small waves as the boat coasted through.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 am

User ImageAlys 'Eel' Kayln Abrams

Alys rolled her eyes. "Remember that I'm muggle born,so I didn't know that. It was fun and exhilarating. We drove on the roof of a church!"

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Rechosia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:49 am

User ImageUser Image

"You're lucky," Kaera said to Tyler with a laugh. "My dad wanted to teach me but my mum refused to let him. She was terrified of me getting hurt." Kaera's smile faded a bit as she thought about her father. After his death, her mother had become even more protective of her. Learning to fly was certainly out of the question. She even had to do a bit of convincing when her letter of acceptance to Hogwarts came around. But, her mother agreed and so she was here.

"What are you lot on about? What is quidditch? Cannons are too bulky to be much fun, so I am sure I heard you wrong..." someone shouted from another boat, pulling Kaera from her reverie. Ryn responded, explaining to the girl what quidditch was. It always amazed Kaera that there were some who didn't know about much of the wizarding world. She found it hard to grasp, because she had been surrounded by magic her entire life. It was all she knew.

Just then, she noticed another girl approach the water and push her head into the lake. Kaera's eyes widened. That girl must be brave, or ignorant. If the rumors about what lurked in the lake were true...that and with how cold it was she would surely become sick. And it was no telling when exactly they would be moving from the docks to the castle. Hope she's okay...

From another boat, a girl shouted something about merpeople, to which Ryn promptly responded, "Just be careful, you never know what they are going to do!" Kaera turned towards her cousin. "And what can they do? I've heard of merpeople but I don't really know a whole lot about them."

User Image
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am

"Then you'll definitely love flying; it's usually a wizard's favorite class first year. Plus, I hear the Professor for that class is pretty good. Tammy said Professor Skylar is a very good teacher." He took his hand out of the water and dried it on his robes. Then he looked towards the castle looming towards them. "Almost to the boathouse."

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:56 am

Alys smiled. "Yeah,I'd love that. I love anything were their is a chance something could go wrong. Potions with explosions,Charms with silence,and Tranfiguration,where I can change people into furniture or animals."
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 am

"Animals into furniture. They don't practice it on humans. There are humans who can turn into animals. They're called animagi. But the spell is hard to learn and even harder to perfect and they just don't teach it. If you can perfect it, you have to register as an animagus with the Ministry because of how rare the power is." Will continued looking towards the castle as he spoke, occasionally looking back over his shoulder at her.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:14 am

User Image
User Image

Ryn turned her thoughts back to the people in her own boat. Really hoping the merpeople kept their distance. "And what can they do? I've heard of merpeople but I don't really know a whole lot about them." ask Kaera. Ryn thought it over some and responded with, "Well they are intelligent and could be classified as a being but have chosen to in the beast classification. My mum has to deal with them from time to time. They have fish tails and a cruel face and their hair looks like seaweed. They don't like people muggle or magical and tend to do some pretty vicious things if you come across them. I know the ones here probably have some kind of deal with the school to leave us alone but that doesn't make me feel to safe." She tried to keep from looking at the water just in case. Looking over to Kaera she noticed how long her hair had gotten since their last visit. She put the lantern next to her and reached over to grab a few strands of her hair and started to braid a small part down the side of the face like she did when they were younger.

User Image
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:15 am

Alys shrugged. "I will find a way to turn people into furniture." Leaning over the side of the boat,she looked into the murky water. Sea creatures darted around in the water and merpeople sat at the bottom of the lake,singing and talking. Smiling,she swirled her fingers around in the lake

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 am

♧3lean0r Duke♧
♧Care of Magical Creatures & Groundkeeper♧

User Image

Eleanor climbed into a random boat and cleared her throat, determined that everyone was here now.
"Alrighty guys, to the boathouse!" she shouted on the top of her voice, pointing to a small house on the edge of the Lake, with stairs leading to the enchanted castle.

(( Again, my apologies for making you wait and for not waiting for the ones who didn't get to roleplay their characters yet. Next stop: Boathouse. ))

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:23 am

User Image
Angela Spark

Angela had been daydreaming about what house she could be in. She heard the Jane girl was talking to the full boat near them. Her first chance to make a friend, and she blew it! Taking a lock of her black hair and putting it behind her ear, she looked ahead to the new school she would be attending. It was mystical and magical, her father had said. I don't think I'll be in Slytherin,Angela thought, remembering her grandmother and father were in Gryffindor.But I could just be a Ravenclaw! Angela had been a bit of a teacher's pet at home. She got the highest grades. Angela got off the boat and started to go to the Boathouse.

BunnyxAngel

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:27 am

[Continued our conversation in the Boathouse thread.}
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:46 am

User ImageUser Image

"I guess I was right to be nervous about the water, then," Kaera responded. She glanced over the side of the boat, staring into the black abyss beneath. She could only imagine what the merpeople would do if they decided to break the pact with the school and some unlucky student went out for a swim. Ryn reached for her hair and began to braid a few strands, and Kaera smiled. Ryn would do this alot when they were younger, and it always calmed Kaera. She sighed, relishing the moment.

Just then the groundskeeper announced they would be moving to the boathouse. They boats began to drift away from the docks, and Kaera stared down as the cool, black water passed below.

((moving to boathouse))

User Image

Rechosia

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:51 am

Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tyler looked at the water. Mermaids he thought Dad told me to stay away from them The boat began to move "Finally" he said

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

((Posting in boathouse))
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:07 am

User Image
Malady had sat uncomfortablly in the boat unware of the people around her. She thought they were chattering happily about which houses they would be in but she couldn't be sure.
The rippling black mirror, underneath their floating vessel, entranced her, whispering of it's secrets, begging her to come closer. Leaning so far out of the boat as to be able to see her whole upper body reflecting back at her, she reached her hand forward. I have to...they're calling...I hav--" To the boathouse!"
Malady came back into herself so roughly that she fell unceremoniously to a heap in her, now empty, boat. What in Merlins' bleeding pants was that?  

Lupus et lux lunaris

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:22 am

Lyra Wynne | 1st Year; ___________
User Image

~*~

Lyra looked away from Moshe, and towards the water, her eyes followed the billows and motions of the Black Lake, she became hypnotized. She heard a woman shout something, the one who was leading Lyra and fellow firsties. The blonde sighed, she wanted the boat ride to go on longer, she liked the lake. She had yet to pass judgement on Moshe, he was in his own world of thoughts, and you can't like or dislike something that you have yet to meet...
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games