Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:08 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

House: Gryffindor{|}Dueler{|}Fifth Year

Theo listened to her comment and waved it off immediately...keeping a small smile on his face. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Really," he said to her, gladly receiving her help up and making sure she knew he was quite alright...in fact...glad to see that the girl was improving to say the least...already. That's all he wanted and was the reason why Ronna had assigned him to her. He did know the most about technique and execution...because that was what he did. Some kids performed Potions well...others performed Healing well...he, was a dueler. That was his natural calling...just like how it was for football for the boy at first.

"No, you could have done it. I'm just here to point you in the right direction. That's all. You seem to be picking it up well," he assured her, still taking great pride in seeing that what he was teaching did actually work. He never really tried to teach another his trade, but he seemed to have an affinity for it, which made him think of his instructor Belle. Maybe he would ask her for an internship or something during the summer. He would surely go to the girl and ask.

"You know, I never have. Although, I'm contemplating it. My dream is to become a professional dueler. There is nothing I want to be more," he admitted to her, glad that someone actually thought he could have a career in Instructing, which he did not expect. He would certainly think about it. "Alright, maybe we should get back to the strip. I want to see you go full force. No holding back. Do not worry about me at all," he said, turning his back to her and going back to the spot, ready to see what this girl had. He would dodge this time...because quite frankly, he was not going to take a full spell to the chest.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

amo10690

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:55 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss
6th Year Gryffindor Prefect

User ImageGryffindor Team Beater
Dueling Club Leader
Youth Representative of the Wizengamot
Muggleborn Witch
Wand: 13 inches, Laurel, Dragon Heartstring
Inflexible and Somewhat Knobby
Height: 5' 8"
DOB: June 22, 2011
Dating: Tobias Walsh

It is: Evening, Start of the 2027-2028 School Year//I'm at: a Dueling Club Meeting//Around: Hopefully plenty of Dueling Club Members//Wearing: Boots Made For Standing Tall

Ronna hadn't said much-or anything at all-after she split up the groups, but instead stood back and watched. The fifth years who were teamed up were doing the typical peer dueling-and she had split them into the groups most likely to actually focus on dueling and practice instead of getting distracted with various personal dynamics. No, most of her attention went to watching Theo as he took over acting as instructor with his apparent infallible confidence as he took over giving Arianna tips on how to duel, but when she heard the words 'go full force' from Theo's mouth her blue eyes narrowed and she stepped forward to the two and with a long quick slash from her lower left to upper right and muttered "Defaeco Animus" and a faint insubstantial glow shimmered around her to protect her from most spells as she stepped forward and between the two.

"Pause a moment, both of you," She said, glancing first to the second year and then to Theo. Her wand was still in her hand and she said, "Robin Theodore Gibbs," She said not bothering to raise her voice, "If I ever hear you say 'go full force' again in this club I'm first going to glue that tongue to the top of your moth and then kicking you out-regardless of skills, interests of yours, or my patience level-which has always been debatable even on a good day. Did you miss the whole: I will break every bone in whomever's body who ends up maiming someone. Even second year spells and below can if used incorrectly can cause damage. You. aren't. invincible. And, I better never see or hear you act it again."

She crossed her arms and said, "You've taught her the basics-personally I feel boxing is a better analogy than football on positioning yourself feet wise, but then again I box and was never big on football. But pure force isn't always the best answer to win a duel. While not relevant for her and won't be learned till next year for you, Theo, I'm personally fond of Incarcerous. The babbling curse-Vox Dementis, a second year spell, is useful as well as it is distracting to the one who is the receiving end of it and nonverbal magic is more complicated, especially when the person is spouting gibberish non-stop."

Shaking her head she added, "I've seen Miss Davenport learn quite a bit from you, which is all correct, and you two seem to be getting along well so it works, but I have a question for you, Theo, because I am not entirely sure of this one: What have you learned from Ariana? You learn just as much instructing others as being instructed." She raised a brow at the two as the Defaeco Animus charm still shimmered oddly off and on around her. If she thought about it-it was one of those useful spells you pick up in electives only. Cursebreaking was her lowest OWL with an A, but it still provided a foundation with some of the spells. And she still trudged through that class. With a sigh she waited for Theo's answer curious what he would say. She doubted with how he acted he even thought what he could have learned from the pairing and only what information he could provide to the young Gryffindor-which in her opinion wasn't the optimal situation by far. It was one of the reasons, she didn't trust at this point to hand the club over to Theo next year and was considering other options. And it was one of the many reasons, David Clarisse, probably felt uncomfortable handing it over to Theo. Theo had a reputation of being flighty too-though, she was unsure if the reputation was quite as accurate as others thought. He was, but he was stubborn too-too stubborn and that was the real problem.

User Image
                                                  RedEagleEye007
                                                  amo10690

{{OoC: I figure as leader of the club, Ronna would eventually give her opinion on things-especially with the youngest club member. xd }}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:17 am
Pinocchio looked closer and he saw,
Two huge rows of sharp yellow teeth!
And he realized his mistake.
So he would sulk and drink and mope...
And cross his arms and hope to die.
And then a fairy came one night,
To bring this sorry boy to life.
She pulled some strings and spun him about.

User Image

DAVID SHOICHET | FIFTH YEAR | GRYFFINDOR | MUGGLEBORN
And he walked all night long: Calm | 'Til he was stopped: ... | By the shore of the ocean: Tanya | But still he walked on: Dueling Club

Dave rolled his eyes a little at Tanya, who was his housemate, and he knew, one of Elsie's friends. He knew who her friends were- she mentioned them all the time, and they always seemed to be at least near each other, anyways. There was Tanya, Tanya's boyfriend, Echo, and the red haired one, Kas. "I think I'm good," he said with a hint of a smirk, before checking to make sure he was far enough away from the other girl so as to not have an unfair advantage. "Flipendo," he started off with, and was glad he didn't put much force behind the spell, as Ronna was going off on Theo again. Seriously, what was wrong with that idiot? Telling a probably very eager to please kid to go "full force" on him. Just because she was younger didn't mean she couldn't knock him on his arse, and there weren't exactly mats laid out. They were fighting on hard stones, and if you cracked your head open, you cracked your head open. He shook his head a little, turning his attention back to his dueling mate.

And now I wonder how I was made....

Yukina101

That boy sprang up and began to shout:
"My arms, my legs, my heart, my face; they're alive!"
And she would cry, "Liar, liar! What have I done?
You're no lover, and I'm no fighter."
She knew about those wooden boys-
It's an empty love to fill the void.
"Pinocchio! Oh boy, how your nose has grown!"
So he would cry, "Liar, liar! I'll prove it to you!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:21 am
Are you really here, or just in my mind?
Can you feel the fear, of what lies behind their eyes?
They came from the walls; they tortured us all...
And drove us away from our home!
Here in the night, they are calling my name.
I no longer know what is wrong or right...
But I know I am losing this game.
What can I do; what can I say?

They don't know: Happy
If it wasn't for you: ....
We would never run away: Leo
But away we go: Dueling Club

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | C H A S E R | F I F T H Y E A R | P R E F E C T User Image

Elsie turned a little when she heard Ronna starting to reprimand Theo again, which was lucky, since she moved just slightly to the right and narrowly avoided the stunning spell Leo sent her way. Flushing, she quickly turned back around. "Petrificus totalus!"

I KNOW WHAT TO DO, I KNOW WHAT TO SAY, AND I WILL NOT RUN AWAY.

murruelecreuset

By the garden gate, I sit with my sisters.
I just hope it's not too late, for my mother and father.
Shall we go back inside; there is no reason to hide.
We can fight and take back our home here in the night!
They say when the wolves come out of the walls...
That it's all over, but it's not all over, 'cause we won't go!
Here in the night, they are crying in pain, and I know...
Everything is not alright, so we shall not fight in vain.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:50 am
User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXXXXXXXXPre fect
Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya's grin widened as David actually replied back and watched as he put a few feet of distance between the two. At his first jinx she sidestepped it quickly wanting to save her energy for the actual duel. Still the spell was close enough to raise the hair on her arm. Just as she was about to fling one back she spotted Ronna busting in on Gibbs again, something about the guy telling the second year to go "full force" or something stupid like that. She let out a sigh, she may not particularly know the guy but he had to be smarter than this. They shoved it down their throat practically from their first lessons as firsties that any spell with enough force was dangerous and he was telling this to a girl who he only met five minutes ago. She turned back to her own duel knowing that watching that train wreck wouldn't exactly help her at the moment. "Tarantallegra!" she didin't know if David had used his full strength or not (she was pretty sure she hadn't) so she had copied and only put about half into her own spell. A random thought popped into her head from Ronna's ranting; she wondered if there was a boxing gym somewhere near where she lived.

Quote:

Quote:

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

But every inch of you is perfect cause true booty comes from within
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble

DuelingWhere: Dueling ClubWith: Ronna, Gibbs, Leo, Elsie, ShoichetThinking: Boxing huh?OOC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:35 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis Wearing: School Robes

Arianna smiled at the older boy as he let her help him up. She was still shocked she had actually managed to hit him. "Thank you" she replied as he assured her she could do this on her own but she still didn't agree. It took a certain kind of person to break down and explain moves when teaching. With some work Theo could be a really great teacher. At least that's how she felt. "You want to be a professional Dueler? That's impressive." She was completely thrown by what he wanted to do. She didn't even know what that would entail.

She nodded as he said that they should get back to practicing. Give it my all? She pondered as she got in place and was about to begin. Ronna appeared before them and she was glowing. She stared for a moment in a slight stupor. She automatically lowered her wand not wanting to hit their club leader. "Of course."

Ari fought the urge to cower in fear as Ronna turned her attention to Theo and full blown started lecturing him. The older girl didn't seem to need to raise her voice but her anger was clear. Ari decided not to do anything but listen and stand idly by.

Ari listened closely and was surprised when Ronna brought her back up. Ari couldn't imagine having taught Theo anything. She was way too inexperienced to have had any affect on him.

RedEagleEye
mc2

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:53 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Theo just gave her the faintest of smiles when she had told him it was impressive. "Yes...impractical as it is, that's what I want to do," he assured her, not knowing what else to say about the fact. That's when he went to his spot, only to get matched by Ronna...which just caused him to sigh. He wanted practice...he would tell anyone to go full force. For someone not to give it their all was just a waste of his time. He knew the risks and he knew them fully well...and those risks were the very reason he wanted the practice. The things that he wanted to do in life...didn't call for held back magic. He'd much rather get hurt while going full speed than not get better.

"Ronna can I talk to you for a few moments. After you deal with the spell coming at you at least," he said to her, waiting impatiently. He awaited her to do so, then decided to pull her aside. And when he got her there, he gave her a cold, almost expressionless face. "Veronica...please...I think there is one thing you do not understand about me. I'm well aware of what cautions there is to going 'full force', and I'm well aware I'm not invincible. But Veronica, I'm not going to get any better until I start seeing something at full force. You call it reckless...I call it practice. This is all I have going for me...seriously. We both know I'm not known for a genius IQ...or great grades...or good behavior. This is where I feel at home, where I feel I can perform," he told her, shaking his head before he addressed what she had said before. "Veronica...the girl, nor I Box. I used something we both know...and when it comes to spells...I do not like any of the spells that were learned during those two years. I don't even use expelliarmus that often. You will never see any creativity of mine by limiting to those years because I don't use those spells. Seriously, Veronica, you teach her. Why would you even allow me to teach her when you clearly know more about teaching than I do?"

He then remembered her last question to him, not understanding why she was asking such a thing. He didn't even think about it truth be told...and really, he knew the girl was looking at them now...probably wondering what he was going to say. But to it, he didn't answer at all. "Are you expecting this to bring out some better side of me or something? Well if that's true...then what you are waiting for is never going to come out and quite frankly, was never there," he assured her, shaking his head. He didn't understand why he had to say this. He actually thought this was understood by then. "There is a reason Clarisse left you this club Veronica...and not me...or anyone else here for that matter. You are more of a leader than I'll ever be. I used to be a great leader, that is, but not any longer. Even if Clarisse gave it to me, I wouldn't have taken it. I would have instantly said no and delegated that position to you," he told her, producing a dry chuckle. He didn't understand why he had to tell her this. She probably should've just pieced all of this together on her own really.

"Take that information for when you graduate. When you pick...I don't want it. Give it to someone who is a bit more...enthusiastic...you know...like Leo, or Elsbeth...and I'd even go as far to say Tanya. Those seem to be a little more...reliable people, because we both know you'd have problems relying on me...ever."

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:09 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss

Dueling Club Leader
Muggleborn Witch

It is: Evening, Start of the 2027-2028 School Year//I'm at: a Dueling Club Meeting//Around: Hopefully plenty of Dueling Club Members//Wearing: Boots Made For Standing Tall

Ronna clenched her fists and began calculating math problems-more and more complex-as Theo had the audacity to challenge her. Act like he knew more than her. She kept trying to think of a time when she wanted to punch someone more and kept drawing a blank. She considered a true testament of patience she remained calm though her fist was clenching tighter and tighter. “You. Do. Not. Like. The. Spells. We. Learned. During. Your. First. Two. Years.” She began each word stressed. “You do not like them. Oh I’m sorry, I don’t bloody like a lot of things either but you suck it up and deal with them. Weighing of costs and benefits. Next are you going to tell me you don’t like dueling etiquette of bowing before a duel so ******** that too? Dueling is just a bunch of rules moron."

She narrowed her eyes at him and continued, “I’m trying to make you a better dueler. Are you bloody stupid? Emotions are connected to magic. If you can’t keep a rational head or act reliably in simple things how the Hell do you think you can actually duel properly? And better yet being too reckless makes you unreliable. Dangerously unreliable-including as a duelist.”

“And if you think I’m such a great leader than actually listen even if you think I’m being a complete b***h or what I do doesn’t make sense. If you actually thought I was a ‘great’ leader you would trust my decisions on matters,” She said in a hiss, barely staying calm. “As the leader of this club and yes, someone who is looking out for you I'm telling you this now: Stop. Screwing. Around.”

User Image
                                                  RedEagleEye007
                                                  amo10690

{{OoC: I figure as leader of the club, Ronna would eventually give her opinion on things-especially with the youngest club member. xd }}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:54 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

He shook his head as she began to talk to him, not really understanding what was so hard to understand that he didn't prefer the second year spells. Granted...some of them were useful, but he just never found himself using them and usually found better ways of getting around. "Yes Veronica...I...do...not...prefer...them. You literally just said that you had preferences...and that's just one of my preferences," he said to her, not knowing how his situation was any different. She just said she preferred certain spells...well Theo just saw that he preferred not to use certain spells. He didn't see the difference between the two...and in fact saw it a bit hypocritical to actually start getting on him about that. But, he didn't voice it, because judging by how clenched the girl's fist were, he was closed to getting punched.

"Yes Veronica...I'm extremely stupid for wanting to see a more realistic application. I've been instructed for three years now on theory and some simulated application. All I want is that full application Veronica...that's all," he said to her, taking her questioning to heart a bit and growing a bit angered. "Yes...I'm terribly unreliable: aren't I?" He didn't know what to say about it. She was practically insulting him to his face; so really, he tried his hardest to not return it.

"Seriously...why do you think I pulled you aside instead of saying this out loud for everyone to hear? I respect you enough to at least do that. But my question is...how am I supposed to trust someone that doesn't trust me? That's all I'm going to say about that," he said, voice returning to clam until she ended by telling him to stop screwing around. "Veronica...you teach her. I obviously screw around way too much. I am not worthy of your presence," he said to her, shaking his head again, just about done with that. He couldn't even believe she told him that he was screwing around.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:39 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss

Dueling Club Leader
Muggleborn Witch

"You want me to break your nose and show you the practical application of Episkey?" She hissed. "Dueling is not realistic application. It is set up sport of sorts for people to practice using magic. Hell, the spell pack is probably more useful for most wizards in the long run than any spell you would use in a duel."

She took a breath trying to keep calm as possible as he angered at her quite true words-or it was an opinion that pretty much everyone agreed with. And then he went on to ask why she thought he pulled her aside instead of saying out loud for everyone else to hear. And then he accursed her of being untrustworthy because she didn't trust him and then told her to teach Ariana and snapped he wasn't worthy of her presence.

Narrowing her eyes she clenched her fists even tighter, her fists that were shaking, one around her wand. She took a deep breath, "Who the Hell do you think you are? You dare to accuse me of not being trustworthy because I supposedly don't trust you? No, I do trust you, but I don't trust you the way you think I do. You aren't nearly as amazing as you think you are. You're arrogant. You can't apologize to save your life. You can't even own up to your own actions. And God..." she let out a short laugh, "you are so wrapped up in Theo-land that it is bloody impossible for you to achieve anything. Have you ever thought why you wanted to be some great football star or wahtever? Now, why you are jumping ship to being some hot-shot dueler? What do those careers have money, fame, prestige-but who is all that useful to-you, Theo, it is useful to you."

"Find something beyond your own greed to work for," Ronna ended, "because, you know what I do ******** trust about you? That if you ever managed to pull your head out of your arse and do that-you will be great. If not-you'll either end up dead in a gutter by thirty-five, in prison, or absolutely miserable. I'm not such a horrid b***h I want to see that for someone. So, yeah, maybe you don't like how I run things or how 'hard I am' or the fact I call you on your bullshit-and it is-but it is because I trust in only one thing in you Theo-you do have potential-but I also trust my calculations that you'll piss it to Hell and back too."

User Image
                                                  RedEagleEye007
                                                  amo10690

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:49 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Theo half chuckled at her asking if he wanted her to break his nose, shaking his head at the question. She was partially right at the fact that dueling in itself wasn't realistic, but that's not always how he saw it. He saw it as a ticket into a good profession as well, but he wasn't going to argue that here. He knew Ronna would have some kind of return for it...whatever it may be. She failed to realize that she was just as stubborn as he was or...that's what he thought. "Okay...Veronica...Okay," he said, just agreeing to disagree to a point. He just sighed and diverted his view away from the girl for a moment, not wanting to watch the girl get more mad as the conversation progressed. Her fists seem to get tighter and tighter until they could no longer get tighter...and from then, he began to aware of what was happening in case the girl decided to lash out, which was very much a possibility. He wouldn't fight back of course...because she was a girl, which of course is a big stereotype, but he was sure that he would get more severely punished if a guy hit a girl.

That's when he noticed her fist clench even further...almost shaking. But, despite this, he wasn't even phased. He wouldn't let himself be like that. He would back down from his someone he once called friend...a person whom he was not even sure what their relationship was now. "I've never said I was amazing Veronica. And what the h*** is Theo-land? Sounds like a great place honestly. I'll make sure to schedule a visit there sometime. And can you please tell me what the h*** I'm supposed to say sorry about? I have only one thing I can recall that I have should've apologized and she wouldn't even want to talk to me; so there that one goes out the window," he said to her, wondering why the heck she was laughing, but remembering what she said, it sounded more like more of a spiteful one than a regular laugh, which sort of annoyed him at first, but he got over it. "And yeah, it is useful to me. I mean, last time I checked, in the end: isn't that how it is? What do you think me to do Ronna? Because one, I'm not in it for the fame. I'm in it because I love to do it...just like football. And please tell me...what bulls*** have I done? Seriously? Because I told her to go hard against me, because I personally feel I can handle it? Or did the thing that I taught her, which is MY style of dueling...somehow wrong? Please go on, continue to call me out on whatever you are trying to put on me, because obviously it is going to put me in jail in a few years. Spare me the twenty five to life," he said, snickering...and not realizing what she was even talking about. He literally hadn't done a thing in his eyes...except for one mistake a few years back, which of course, he was still ruing to that day, but he was moving past that.

mc2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:36 pm
User Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Since the day they got married
He'd been praying for a little baby boy
Someone he could take fishing
Throw the football, be his pride and joy

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

========================
Nina Kagome Vienna
Reserve Beater ♥ Single ♥ Second Year ♥ Gryffindor ♥ Muggleborn
========================

And now, he's wrapped around her finger
She's the center of his whole world
And his heart belongs to that sweet, little, beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All-American girl

╔═════════════════════╗

Nina ran into the area, very late she knew, but wasn't sure if they would let her in now... She stopped just before the group, catching her breath as she started hearing what sort of sounded like arguing. What was going on? The second year looked over to two much older Gryffindors... Ronna, who was the beater on the team, and Theo, whom Nina didn't talk to much... This... Didn't seem friendly. "I uh... Sorry I'm late... Ari... What's going on?" She asked her friend quietly. She wasn't sure if she even wanted to know what was going on between the two upper classmen... But whatever it was? She was sure she wasn't going to like it....

╚═════════════════════╝

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

He could already see him holding that trophy
Taking his team to state
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket
All those big dreams changed

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

╔═════════════════════╗
I'm looking rather cute in my some casual stuff
And it feels good to be with people like Other students who are interested in dueling!
Although my mind keeps wandering to Um... Are they fighting?

╚═════════════════════╝

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:13 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss

Dueling Club Leader
Muggleborn Witch

"I don't give a s**t on what you or anyone else says, Robin Theodore Gibbs, but I do care about what they do and how they act. Are you really so wrapped up in yourself and your own problems you can't see how you are acting? You act like you think you are invincible-and you aren't, no one is. You act like you think you're infallible. You act like you think you are the most amazing thing to walk this planet," She said, her fists still clenched but no longer shaking. She just sounded tired. And disappointed. Tired and disappointed.

She shook her head and continued, "Don't you realize the world doesn't just ******** you over sometimes too, Theo? We all get handed shitty cards one time or another-or at least most of us. There are plenty of people who have been handed far shittier cards than you or me or anyone else in this court yard has. It is called empathy, Theo. I'm not saying you have had this great wonderful life. I'm not saying that I've had things worse than you-but I do have compassion enough to think 'oh I've got handed some really shitty things to deal with in my life, but so has he and she and he and...'-" She motioned towards everyone in the courtyard. She didn't know details of most of their lives, but it was stupid to think someone had no sort of problem in their life or something that could be classified as 'sort of shitty' in their life. And that was her point.

"You can start by apologizing to everyone for your lack of empathy or understanding. But, do you really want a list of people you should apologize to? I can give you some. Alex. Her friend the blonde. The entire Gryffindor Quidditch Team. Your adopted parents... me. But, no the most important person you should apologize to is yourself, Theo," Veronica said her voice low and her eyes staring calmly at him, disappointment evident as she stared at him. She shook her head and said, "You don't come up with a plan B in anything, Theo. You think you are all Plan A and build yourself entirely around one thing. Why do you think the whole football thing destroyed you so much? Or why you had such issues with Alex? Why you bailed on quidditch?"

She gave a small smile to him and shook her head before ruffling his hair lightly-as if she would do so with a little brother and said, "Kid, let's face it, you aren't just one thing and it is awfully shitty to do it to yourself to think you are just one thing. Just a footballer. Just a dueler. Just whatever. Trust me, I'm telling you this now because, I care about you, Theo. You're like a pain in the arse little brother. Seriously though, get your s**t together. Stop putting your eggs in one ******** basket and look outside yourself and your own problems and your own bubble once in a while. Okay?"

She stepped away from Theo as she noted the newest second year to just show up. Nina, one of Gryffindor's reserve beaters. "Sorry, about that," She announced to everyone returning to her more business-like composure. "Anyways, welcome. Nina, right?" She said with a smile to Nina. "Why don't you and Arianna practice. Miss Davenport can explain the rules and Theo gave her a good foundation to work on. Theo..." She paused looking back at the fifth year, "You can either duel me or take a break or bring up any other concerns you have with me. I'm open to it, okay?"

User Image
                                                  RedEagleEye007
                                                  amo10690
                                                  shabatha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:55 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Theo listened to the girl, not really knowing just what she was talking about. How did he act like he was invincible...infallible...any of the things that she just described him as? He quite frankly didn't know. It wasn't even like he talked to enough people for them to even speculate that...and for that, he was confused. He had no idea how to answer that, because he wasn't even sure what she was talking about...which brought the whole Theo-land argument into some perspective. "How do I act...like that? What do I do to even be branded that?" he asked her, pure confusion in his eyes. The worst part is, now he felt terrible because Ronna had a look of disappointment written all over her face. Theo could deal with the a person's anger, but when he knew he disappointed someone...it hit home with him. Why? Because that was an emotion that he really knew...an emotion that he has felt time and time again...from the football pitch to his upbringing.

What she said next is something he quite didn't understand. Yes, he knew people got handed s***** cards...as she put it, but he almost doubted that any of the kids in that room had been dealt anything as bad as the cards he had. It seemed like everyone had a pair of aces and he had the lowly pair of threes to him. That's always what it felt like. But he saw her point in the whole ordeal however. He did remember, very vividly her explanation of just junk hand she had been given with the death of her father, which he never could've been sympathetic too, because of his lack of understanding of what it really meant to lose someone like that.

"Wait...wait...wait...why would I have to apologize to the Gryffindor Quidditch team? I saved them from having a completely s*** seeker in the future," he said jokingly, giving a chuckle to himself. "But seriously, why I bailed on Quidditch...its because I grew up in a competitive sport where if you weren't good enough...there is always a brilliant wonderchild that's waiting to be signed and take your spot. It's a dog eat dog world and quite frankly...in Quidditch, I was not good enough in my eyes," he admitted for the first time to anyone ever. He never liked to say he wasn't good enough, mainly because he lived his life believing that if he persevered, sky is the limit. And to admit that he the ground was as far as he could go was never a fun thing for him. And the whole second plan idea didn't help at all, because everything she said about that was very true. He didn't have a plan B and as soon as the girl had said that, he had thought about it and found that no, he had absolutely nothing to fall back on...nothing at all.

As he began to think too much, he felt his hair being ruffled again, reminiscing to earlier memories where he had sat alongside her and watched Quidditch while she took notes on the beaters...but acting as if she wasn't, something that he remembered as a much kinder time...when he had quite a bit of friends...a girlfriend...and when him and Ronna had been on much fonder terms. He never liked his hair being touched, but the reminiscent nature of what was happening almost brought the faintest of smiles on his face...as if feeling restored to an earlier self. What she had said next was one of the biggest lessons anyone has ever taught him. He always thought of himself as one thing...and never extended further than that. And as she stepped away...all he could say was. "I'm sorry," a look of disappointment on his face that was unparalleled.

When she told the other second year to practice with the other, he still sat there silent. And when she looked over to him, he stayed practically silent, but only to answer her question. "Just finish your duel with Shoichet. I'm just going to take a break," he said to her, staying in his position...expressionless...emotionless...almost like an empty shell, but he was truly in deep thought.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:20 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis Wearing: School Robes

Arianna had made the wise decision to not get involved with the two older students as their argument grew louder and louder for the whole club to hear. She tried to play deaf and continued to practice on her own. She wasn't do the best job at focusing on her moves and was glad when Nina showed up.

Arianna sighed with relief and stepped closer to her friend relieved to have not only a familiar face but to have someone to talk to. "Nina! I didn't know you were even interested in dueling otherwise I would've walked down here with you." She smiled as her friend still feeling relieved. "About those two. I'm not one hundred percent sure what Theo said to me but apparently it was wrong. He was teaching me the basics." Ari glanced back at the older pair still arguing feeling slightly guilty. Essentially, she was the start of this whole fight to begin with.

Arianna snapped to attention when Ronna called out to the second years. Ari nodded respectfully towards the leader of the club and also making a mental note not to piss her off in the future. She was extremely excited as Nina and Ari would be paired together. It was going to be harder to teach Nina then it had been to learn what Theo had taught her but she'd do her best for her friend's sake.

"Okay Nina! Don't worry we can take the first one slow! I'm still learning too. So we start off with a salute to each other." Ari paused to demonstrate the basic salute then she continued. "Then we turn and take a few steps back. And then we go into our dueling stance. Theo showed me this one." Ari again demonstrated as she pointed her right foot which was forward towards Nina and she bend her left knee slightly and that foot was pointed sideways. She had her weight shifted back and she was ready to launch herself out of the way. She smiled at Nina, "Alright? Give it a go! I've been sticking to the Disarming spell of the knock back jinx because those are spells we've covered."

Shabatha
Mc2

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games