Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:46 am
I'm still in the clutches of high school so there are all the lovely things that go with that, teachers asuming you're a horrible student before ever giving you a chance so that you have to do twice as well as every one else just to get them to aknowledge you, friends deciding not to associate with you anymore because you damage their reputations... Fun fun fun.

But really I'd say the good more than outweighs the bad. For one, I was in Salem a few days ago and I didn't get any tourity bs from the shops I went I into. The store owners talked to me like a person  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:40 pm
NewAgeAntique
I'm still in the clutches of high school so there are all the lovely things that go with that, teachers asuming you're a horrible student before ever giving you a chance so that you have to do twice as well as every one else just to get them to aknowledge you, friends deciding not to associate with you anymore because you damage their reputations... Fun fun fun.

But really I'd say the good more than outweighs the bad. For one, I was in Salem a few days ago and I didn't get any tourity bs from the shops I went I into. The store owners talked to me like a person
I actually have one teacher who isn't like that. He just so happens to be my Media/Art teacher.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:18 pm
XWraith_LordX
NewAgeAntique

I actually have one teacher who isn't like that. He just so happens to be my Media/Art teacher.
I have never had any teachers like that...

Come to think of it... my english teacher was like that. Whenever i did a decent job she would accuse me of plagiarism.

My statics/dynamics teacher would give me really good grades until he found out he was giving good grades to a kid with a mohawk.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:43 pm
1. Everyone thinking you worship satan.
Nope...I can say that I don't have that problem

2. The price of Tripp clothing...
Never brought it, never heard of it until now

3. The price of gothic things in general
I buy a lot of my clothes from charity shops and edit them

4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
Nope, don't have that problem - everything black is washed together with one washing powder, whites are washed together with another and colours together with a third washing powder and colour-catching sheet in with it.

5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
Don't wear arm bands

6. The damn stereotypes
Again, apart from the odd idiot thinking it's clever to throw white paint at me, I don't have a problem with stereotypes

7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
Well...my mum was one of the 80's punks and my 'dad' was around the goth scene right at the start so they don't have a problem. (my 'dad' is not a blood relation but a guy I know in his late 40's who treats me like his daughter)

8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF
Again, I don't wear chains

9. People stepping on your pants
Don't wear over-sized pants/trousers - I cut them off at the bottoms if they're too long

10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us
Nope, again. People are trying to find something to make me slightly less happy. I'm a very chirpy person.  

broken_joker

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:18 pm
1.) Your parents wanting to you to "dress normal" when your around their friends.
2.) People getting you confused with emos.
3.) When people go "ewww get it the ******** away from me, you goth thing!"
4.) This is probably the biggest one that bothers me the most. When you girl won't even look at you because they think you're going to drag them down to hell or something like that. But the upside to that is when you find a girl who looks past what other people think of you... it's wonderful 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:20 pm
broken_joker

8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOSE CHAINS ON AND OFF
Again, I don't wear chains

Tip if you ever do start: Don't put them on if you know you will be going to an aiport or somewhere with metal detectors.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:46 pm
the_underworks
XWraith_LordX
NewAgeAntique

Come to think of it... my english teacher was like that. Whenever i did a decent job she would accuse me of plagiarism.

My statics/dynamics teacher would give me really good grades until he found out he was giving good grades to a kid with a mohawk.
i would of expected the opposite stereo type  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:12 pm
AEtherclaw
the_underworks
XWraith_LordX
NewAgeAntique

Personally for my case, the teachers shared being little old folks scared of teenagers... even more so of ones that dress awkwardly in black with sharp ornaments around their necks and wrists. They probably thought I ate bat's heads off, made rituals to satan and did crack.  

the_underworks

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:33 pm
the_underworks
AEtherclaw
the_underworks
XWraith_LordX
NewAgeAntique

Personally for my case, the teachers shared being little old folks scared of teenagers... even more so of ones that dress awkwardly in black with sharp ornaments around their necks and wrists. They probably thought I ate bat's heads off, made rituals to satan and did crack.

Your teachers sound like they'd get along with some of my past teachers.

Actually I'm very lucky right now, because my english teacher used to be (and still is at heart) a goth, and besides that my Euro teacher is awesome and nuts and bows to me when I enter the class room, and for the rest I'm taking all art classes. Yay senior year! But my past has been very figuratively bloody when dealing with teachers.

A pretty infamous quote by my current english teacher is a student asked "Mrs. Was, are you solar powered?" And her reply was "No, I'm fueled by the darkness." She also happens to be my drama club advisor, good times... ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:55 pm
NewAgeAntique
the_underworks
AEtherclaw
the_underworks
XWraith_LordX
NewAgeAntique

Actually I'm very lucky right now, because my english teacher used to be (and still is at heart) a goth, and besides that my Euro teacher is awesome and nuts and bows to me when I enter the class room, and for the rest I'm taking all art classes. Yay senior year! But my past has been very figuratively bloody when dealing with teachers.

A pretty infamous quote by my current english teacher is a student asked "Mrs. Was, are you solar powered?" And her reply was "No, I'm fueled by the darkness." She also happens to be my drama club advisor, good times... ^_^
Im happy you have such a cool teacher.
Reminds me of my chemistry teacher. He was best described as a "religous chemist" if you want to call it that. He would let my friend and I blow up all we wanted. He would promise the class that if we were good he would show us how to make dynamite. And at the end of the school year, there was spare time before the exams and... he actually shown us how to 3nodding . The only thing was that it was diluted to a concentration of about .01% sad .  

the_underworks

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:18 pm
the_underworks
NewAgeAntique
the_underworks
AEtherclaw
the_underworks

Reminds me of my chemistry teacher. He was best described as a "religous chemist" if you want to call it that. He would let my friend and I blow up all we wanted. He would promise the class that if we were good he would show us how to make dynamite. And at the end of the school year, there was spare time before the exams and... he actually shown us how to 3nodding . The only thing was that it was diluted to a concentration of about .01% sad .

Lucky! I wish I could blow things up at school! That sounds like a ton of fun. I cannot believe he actually showed you how to make dynamite. That has got be be against almost every school rule in the book. haha  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:09 pm
(cheaper and more gratifing to make your own stuffs)  

Hoshioni

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:47 pm
the_underworks
All I can think as I read this is that your school had much better funding than mine.

I didn't get any trouble from my teachers, but then again I wasn't very goth in high school. Not that that would have made me stand out any more then I already did. I was quiet and smart and polite to teachers and dressed pretty non-aggressively. Pretty weird, but non-aggressively.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:53 am
XxLovely_MiseriesxX
I have to say that i wouldnt label myself goth. but i hate it when ignorant people ask me if i am gothic because i wear black. people sometimes ask me if i do Voodoo or worship satan. that really pisses me off because im a faithful christian.

Same here (except I'm not afraid to be goth/ call myself that). I have very conservative beliefs, when someone says I do voodoo or worship Satan, I show one of my cross necklaces and say, "Wouldn't this either not exist, or be upside down if you were right?"
I get why people think that, but really, that is a rather small population of goth culture.
((btw, you might like the band Saviour Machine))  

Angel of the End

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces