Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:19 pm
Ok then.
thats it?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:35 pm
That's my guess. I'm not actually sure what you're referring to, so...  

HereticX

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:39 pm
never read the thrawn trilogy did you?
I recomend it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:49 pm
I got started on the first one, when I was waiting in a library, but I never had the time to get more than...say a fifty-hundred pages into the book.  

HereticX

Darth_Ravage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:24 pm
Actually, the building was made of wood and it only collapsed, it wasn't completely destroyed or anything. And he is a better shot than most, he hit critical weak points in the structure, which, by the way, was not government contracted, but rather constructed by primitive people living next to a mountian.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:12 pm
Ok, here's a question.
How do you think Rail guns are handled in star wars?  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:42 pm
Huh, it seems like nearly all of Star Wars weapons are plasma or energy based.
Do they even have rail guns?

And when you say 'handled', what do you mean? I hear they're building prototypes now, and they're thinking about designing a battleship based around one. So, it's not like they can't exist.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:49 pm
oh I know they're out there somewhere. at any rate I want to know if they have rifle sized ones in addition to the big guns they mount on the Clone heavy walkers.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:56 pm
a small railgun seems impractical. The amount of energy required to propel something worthwhile could be put to a more effecient use.

the strength of the railgun is that its like the futuristic version of the Trebuchet. Just find a really big rock and throw it at someone. Buta smaller version just isn't worth the effort..  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:10 pm
hmm. I see. but what about a ship mounted version?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:52 pm
You mean like the ones in development for the US Navy?

It throws big enough rocks (and i use that term loosely) to be useful.

Its just that for infantry, currently at our state, the energy is too much for something so small... Not to mention, it might not have enough of a launch tube for hand held usage. I mean, it probably wouldn't create enough power, or too much in that case...

i imagine a hand held railgun would just be a fancy nailgun... exept with magnets instead of pneumatics.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:11 pm
hmm. I see.
now, whats the diff between Gauss guns and rail guns?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:20 pm
You know, gauss guns and railguns are terms that i find people use infrequently.

I cannot remember the true definition of the weapons at the present. When I think of a railgun, i think of weapons that use a magnetic launcher to fire a bullet or other projecitle by means of super fast magnetic pulses.

Gauss guns... hmm.. its been so long since i've talked about those, i can't rightly remember. I keep getting the impression its a machine gun, but i know that's not right...

Perhaps Nospai has some reasearch on hand to clear it up... I've never been really heavy into rifle theory though. I shoot. I don't care much about the weapon, so long as it works. I know what i prefer, but past that, its not my real concern.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:27 pm
from what I understood, Gauss weapons work similar to Rail weapons, but we really should get Nospai's word in here.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:45 pm
gauss and railguns are practically synonimous; both use electromagnets to propell dense, inexpensive projectiles at rediculous speeds. 'gauss' is just a fancier, more sci-fi sounding name though, and incorporates some other stuff i'm not sure about (prolly just fictional).

an important member of this family is the Mac cannon; it works basically like the railgun, but uses no rails. therefore, it has less friction and can go much faster, but is less accurate. if i'm not mistaken, the gauss is more akin to the mac cannon than the rail gun.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games