Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

midnight mysteries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:16 am
1) booya, I still read! I usually read Adult horror, and have done for years but recently I've dound a selection of teen horror which I have to admit is pretty awsome, Fav so far is Darren Shans - The Saga Of Darren Shan, it's all about vampires and is pretty awsome. Finished those now so I'm reading his next series of books all about Demons...called The Demonata I think Fav adult horror tho has to be something in Dean Koontz's line.

2)I do also read anime...but not so much, feels too comicy and can't get into it well, Death Note is something I'm Hooked on though.

3)Yup, I play guitar (electric and acuostic...still can't spell acoustic...acustic? lol) Have been playing for 9 years now, got a new classic for my 16th in Novemer which was pretty cool. Yeah I do write my own songs ans music and I've just started singing lessons too so I'm hoping to combine the two together soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:54 pm
i love reading! i actually dont watch anime that much i usually read the manga but i absolutly love reading haha  

haine13

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:25 pm
I counted up, and I read 32 books in the year 2007.

This does NOT include graphic novels, manga, short-story collections, and poetry books.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:31 pm
NekoYasha09er
They really think it is skin-bound. That makes me laugh.

But for now I'm reading my book for my bio class for a project called 6 deadly plagues and how we are causing them.

Skin-bound indeed! *scoff*  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:48 pm
I got another book for x-mas.

Faust by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe. I've been wanting that for ages! I'm so happy I finally have it!

Has anyone else read it? Heard about it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:53 pm
spooky_sez

Faust by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe. I've been wanting that for ages! I'm so happy I finally have it!

I've heard of it, and have thought of reading it! Please tell me how it is, I've been curious.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:47 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
spooky_sez

I've heard of it, and have thought of reading it! Please tell me how it is, I've been curious.

When I finish it I'll tell you what I think. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:20 am
I love reading~! And well since my Major in college is Literature I have to read. xd  

Joji-sama

xStephanx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:26 am
Most recently read books -

Keep It Real by Justina Robinson

Neuromancer by William Gibson

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

Pattern Recognition by William Gibson (still reading)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:53 am
I still read not alot but I read  

xlostxinxdarknessx

Vexworth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:13 pm

Me = booknerd. I will never understand why some people are so literature-averse - books are infinitely better than television. They're portable, much more varied in subject matter, make you less unintelligent, and leave your brain free to come up with whatever sort of mental images you fancy based on the descriptions as opposed to having it all there in front of you so you don't have to think about it.

Recently read (and these were both quite good books which I recommend to you all):
The Devil in the White City - true story (written like a novel, however) about the 1893 World's Fair and Dr H. H. Holmes, who was utterly mad and killed people in many grisly ways.

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - a ridiculously long but also ridiculously good book involving an alternate history of England and the return of magic to it, brought about by a myriad of characters of varying degrees of oddness.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:35 pm

I love to read. Stephen King is my favorite, and I really liked His Dark Materials. (The Golden Compass series)

I like anime too...but it depends on what kind. Like, I can't stand Naruto or Zatch Bell or that stuff. But I love Serial Experiments Lain and Elfin Lied.

I used to play an instrument, but since I was diagnosed with a disease close to Rheumatoid Arthritis I've kinda had to let that go. I played the trumpet, clarinet, and oboe. Oboe was my favorite, and I was just getting good >.<

mega_melfina

Anxious Werewolf

10,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hunter 50

L Kook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:00 pm
Reading is a hobby of mine. I mostly read anything that I feel I should find interest in.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:06 pm
spooky_sez
NekoYasha09er
They really think it is skin-bound. That makes me laugh.

But for now I'm reading my book for my bio class for a project called 6 deadly plagues and how we are causing them.

Skin-bound indeed! *scoff*

That is people for you.

NekoYasha09er

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:19 pm
I don't read for pleasure much anymore. I have so much I have to read for school, I'm too read-out to read a book of my choosing.

I can't wait for summer.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces