Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Dark Nexus ((Rant Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:25 pm
Welcome to the club.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:08 pm
21 years and countin'. Every damn day.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:05 pm
Mods shouldn't lock an unresolved, legitimate Q&A thread, especially when they themselves can't even offer a common sense answer.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/questions-assistance/what-do-i-do-t_ t/t.47841767/

( Copy the whole thing. I had to put a space because it turns into an emote there otherwise. )

The problem: The guy's account is hacked. However, because the hacker keeps PMing him with the new passwords to scare him, this can only mean 1 thing: The hacker changed the guy's email in his account so that when he does change the password, the hacker gets the email saying what it is.

FFS, even the mod, who should've been the most helpful here, just says to change the password again into something more complicated, despite the guy having already said the hacker knows what it is each time.

Is the number of competent people on this site really falling this low?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:26 pm
Ouch. I've never seen anything like that. But, why lock the thread? It doesn't look out of control, nor does it seem like he was satisfied. I guess that mod was PO'd, judging by the "End of Story." I hate when people do that...  

Valkore Fraust

elvisnake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:22 pm
Yeah, well, judging by the thread, the guy was being incredibly difficult.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:50 pm
Yeah, there's that, too. I don't understand that in people. Why bark at the person on the other end of the line, who's trying to help you? It's not their fault whatever situation happened to you...

My dad is starting to piss me off about the Marines. He told me the only way I could enlist in the military, is by enlisting in the Air Force. I think he's worried about me dying, and my education. But, I wanna enlist in the USMC, go to (what I've read so far) Drill Instructor School. It really makes me want to shout at him for not letting me pick up such a duty. I think I should read more, but, he's being stubborn and impossible to negotiate with. And I started thinking about that, instead of being in the Corps for fighting, so my mother could sleep at night. :/  

Valkore Fraust

Rodyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:47 pm
Well, if you're going to be a drill instructor, you won't normally be in combat.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:03 am
You could argue that in the Air Force, you're almost always outnumbered behind enemy lines, so if you got shot down, you're pretty much screwed. Whereas in the Marines, they'll be sure you can whoop a** in every possible situation you could ever get into, which greatly increases your survivability, etc.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:07 am
Join the Coast Guard. It is a branch of the military too. That is, unless you really want to be narcissitic and claim it's not the same. In which case, it sounds like you're joining the marines for some sort of image, which of course, is pretty much the lamest excuse to join a military...

The thing about the military is that if you plan on being a drill instructor, the likelihood of you actually becoming one is slim. It's one of the most unique government programs where what you want to do is rarely what you get to do. English Majors repair airplanes, bio majors are infantry, GED people are enrolled for doctors...

etcetera, etcetera. Not saying you /won't/ become one, just dont' go into it thinking that they'll necessarily care what you want to do as one of their main concerns.

But we're chatting. This is a vent thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:13 pm
No, I really want to do it. Problem is, he's being way to stubborn and ignorant about it. I won't even mention what he said that night. If I don't make it, it's fine. That's my problem, not his. That's what he doesn't wanna understand.  

Valkore Fraust

Darth Hooker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:22 pm
I hate Jar Jar Binks and ALL the Gungans! scream
...I feel better now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:32 pm
-incoherent bitching about Wal*Mart Inc-  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Darth Hooker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:41 pm
Imagine how awful it would be if everyone who worked at Wal-Mart was a Gungan. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:24 am
Darth Xedria
Imagine how awful it would be if everyone who worked at Wal-Mart was a Gungan. gonk
I would have killed them all and staged a corporate coup, and probably succeed.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Ageha-tan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:21 pm
Getting owned by a bunch of Teddy Bears is really annoying,I mean what the #%$%?I know sticks and stones can break my bones but really? Even if my armor is made of plastic, it should protect me from dull pointed sticks and rocks thrown by a bunch of #%$%#^ midgets in sweaty fur costumes! How can a freaking stick kill me in one hit? A man with a blaster rifle would at least take a few shots before they KILL ME. How can a rock the size of a grain of sand knock me off my feet? Why can't I hit them with a sniper even if I'm one step away from trampling on them . This was a Star Wars Battlefront 2 rant ...******** Ewoks...

Tacos Rule  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces