Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Original Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mercury33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:49 pm
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma follow the two Sith rule instituted by Darth Bane. But it's possible that this rule was forgotten, then reinstituted.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:09 pm
But yeah, you're right Maybe Exar didnt want an assload of Sith running around. Remember, Sith want personal gain.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Inatarin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:32 pm
*cough*Hey, Policeman, this is expanded universe, this belongs in the expanded universe thread *cough*  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:18 am
Dude whats your problem? I dont care if one topic leads to another in a thread like this, so long as it gets back on track after a little bit but seriously whats your deal?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Inatarin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:06 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Dude whats your problem? I dont care if one topic leads to another in a thread like this, so long as it gets back on track after a little bit but seriously whats your deal?

I'm just trying to understand the idea of how, if the underlings make a thread off topic, it's "destroyed" and then we're cast into the circle of outcasts....

Yet....here, it's different?

I meant no offense. Just trying to understand.

Regarding the 2 Sith rule:

I thought the 2 Sith rule regarded the code of when they were thought to be extinct.

Wasn't that the master plan? Wasn't that Millenia a test for the Jedi and Sith. Who could become the most powerful, who could prepare for the final test, the test of the chosen one?

The Sith Prepared and prepared, yet, the Jedi sat and did not prepare for this "test", most likely because they became too numbered..

I mean, I agree with Phoenix's comment. But, I don't think it was the "power hungry" issue. I mean, sure they ARE power hungry, but.... Wouldn't it also make sense if it was because they did not want to become like the Jedi, and become too numbered?

....Just my 2 Cents.....If it makes sense O.o  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:13 pm
i thought the sith made a conscious decision to only exist in pairs- master and apprentice- because they realized after they basically destroyed themselves that more than 2 would not work? however, the jedi, having a common goal, which is defense of the galaxy and enlightenment through the force by means other than personal gain, had no such problems, and so were only strengthened by an increase in numbers?

however, the jedi had to change as demands changed, so during great wars they became warriors, and in times of peace they became diplomats, which is why they were ultimately defeated in ep. 2-3, because they had become mired in the diplomat status.

or am i way past everyone else on the timeline? sorry, i'm pretty fuzzy when it gets to pre-empire, which, i admit, is a huge block of SW history... ~.~  

Nospai Deathous

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:54 pm
Nospai Deathous
i thought the sith made a conscious decision to only exist in pairs- master and apprentice- because they realized after they basically destroyed themselves that more than 2 would not work? however, the jedi, having a common goal, which is defense of the galaxy and enlightenment through the force by means other than personal gain, had no such problems, and so were only strengthened by an increase in numbers?

however, the jedi had to change as demands changed, so during great wars they became warriors, and in times of peace they became diplomats, which is why they were ultimately defeated in ep. 2-3, because they had become mired in the diplomat status.

or am i way past everyone else on the timeline? sorry, i'm pretty fuzzy when it gets to pre-empire, which, i admit, is a huge block of SW history... ~.~

see this is where we're confused.

Technincally, Exar Kun and all those goodies were millenia before the last battle of Ruusan, which if you recall is the battle where the Sith were destroyed save for Darth Bane who created the infamous rule of 2.

But, Kun and Quel Droma follow the rule of 2,  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:35 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Nospai Deathous

Technincally, Exar Kun and all those goodies were millenia before the last battle of Ruusan, which if you recall is the battle where the Sith were destroyed save for Darth Bane who created the infamous rule of 2.

First, yes, Pre Empire is a topic I'm really cloudy in sweatdrop ...It's just...so....HUGE....anyhow....

But yeah, after our 3 Posts, is it not safe to make a quick conclusion that it's probably because too many would just get them killed again, and the so few so they could train for the second they can attack?  

Inatarin

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:24 pm
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Nospai Deathous

First, yes, Pre Empire is a topic I'm really cloudy in sweatdrop ...It's just...so....HUGE....anyhow....

But yeah, after our 3 Posts, is it not safe to make a quick conclusion that it's probably because too many would just get them killed again, and the so few so they could train for the second they can attack?

Im trying to think..Kun..Kun....Kun.. Was this the great hyperspace war? I'm so confused. I think I'll stick with my post-empire bit wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:22 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Nospai Deathous

Im trying to think..Kun..Kun....Kun.. Was this the great hyperspace war? I'm so confused. I think I'll stick with my post-empire bit wink

I think the Hyperspace war was after ROTJ, i'm not sure, I don't know jack about Kun nor do I know anything about sith, or much of Pre Qui-gon Jin-->Obi-wan Relationship..

I agree, i'm staying with what I know. O.o  

Inatarin

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:55 am
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Nospai Deathous

I think the Hyperspace war was after ROTJ, i'm not sure, I don't know jack about Kun nor do I know anything about sith, or much of Pre Qui-gon Jin-->Obi-wan Relationship..

after ROTJ? No no no. I know my post Empire.

The Hyperspace War was pre-Empire by millenia, when hyperspace Charters from the Republic lead the Sith Empire to the Republic on accident.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:54 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Nospai Deathous

The Hyperspace War was pre-Empire by millenia, when hyperspace Charters from the Republic lead the Sith Empire to the Republic on accident.

You're right, I think.

But, I just realized (regarding the 2 sith rule) I doubt that's too strictly used after ROTS...

Because, Vader and Palpatine both had more apprentices during that time. If you play the STar WArs Roleplaying Game, they explain this....

Vader and Palp are like cheating spouses hoping to overpower eachother.  

Inatarin

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:01 pm
Hang on, hang on.

I just thought of a simple solution. Maybe Quel-Droma was just Kun's first apprentice. Because during the Great Sith War, other Sith started emerging, it was jsut that Ulic was more trused seeing as he was the first.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:44 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Nospai Deathous
speaking of jedi marriages, what about Nomi Sunrider?

Actually I can answer that one. Nomi was WAY before TPM and if you look hard enough, you'll see that the Jedi in her times actaully had a different Jedi Code even. So I think marriage was allowed back then, in fact I dont think it was till after the Ruusan reformation that the marriage ban was placed.

As for Nejaa Halcyon, there isnt an in-universe explanation as far as aI know, but that book came out before TPM, so for Stackpole knew, Vader was allowed to have children, and therefore, so was Nejaa

In the Clone Wars book Jedi Trial, Anakin and Nejaa become friends and reveal to each other that they're both secretly married. Najaa pulled the same deception as Anakin.

As for the Kun - Qel-Droma - Bane thing, I'm a bit confused. Hang on. *pulls out Essential Chronology* The Hyperspace war was 5000 years Before the Battle of Yavin (BBY). Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma's events happened about 4000 years BBY in the Sith War. The Sith disappeared for a while after Kun's defeat, but a rogue Jedi founded a new Sith order 2000 years BBY. They were defeated, all but Darth Bane, in the Battles of Ruusan, 1000 years BBY. Bane then instututed the Rule of Two, well after Kun and Qel-Droma were long dead.

It's possible that Bane had seen how well the Sith had done when led by Kun and Qel-Droma, and decided to emulate that.  

Durza the Shade

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:56 pm
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Nospai Deathous

You're right, I think.

But, I just realized (regarding the 2 sith rule) I doubt that's too strictly used after ROTS...

Because, Vader and Palpatine both had more apprentices during that time. If you play the STar WArs Roleplaying Game, they explain this....

Vader and Palp are like cheating spouses hoping to overpower eachother.

I think its explained that now since the sSith really did rule the galaxy, Palpatine decided to say hell with the rules and started training others.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games