Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:14 am
Kittywitch
Dema
I don't care if you're a Rennie or whatever just don't confuse the two, there are huge differences even between un-sanctioned events which are way more lax on a ton of stuff than sanctioned ones are. I acctually don't mind Ren Faires in fact it is a gateway to the SCA in a sense because yes they do do some of the same things like fighting and dressing up and what not, plus the vendors sell a lot of the same things so you know if someone is researching Ren Faires they could very well stumble accross SCA stuff and like that better(which I could only hope they would cuz its much more fun IMO)
Does this make renfairs a gateway drug?

Yep Ren-Faires are Gateway drugs to something much better and more fun, SCA!!!! HUZZAH!! HEHEHE ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:16 am
Random Saxon
Kittywitch
Dema
I don't care if you're a Rennie or whatever just don't confuse the two, there are huge differences even between un-sanctioned events which are way more lax on a ton of stuff than sanctioned ones are. I acctually don't mind Ren Faires in fact it is a gateway to the SCA in a sense because yes they do do some of the same things like fighting and dressing up and what not, plus the vendors sell a lot of the same things so you know if someone is researching Ren Faires they could very well stumble accross SCA stuff and like that better(which I could only hope they would cuz its much more fun IMO)
Sorta. The Ren faire is lower quality (no minimal offense) so really it's less addicting than us.

Not that it's less addicting, you just need more to get a better fix. Where as after a weekend SCA event you need to sleep for like 3 days LOL. Since chances are you didn't at the event cuz we all know that the fun stuff starts after dark twisted twisted twisted  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:43 am
Dema
Random Saxon
Kittywitch
Dema
Sorta. The Ren faire is lower quality (no minimal offense) so really it's less addicting than us.

Not that it's less addicting, you just need more to get a better fix. Where as after a weekend SCA event you need to sleep for like 3 days LOL. Since chances are you didn't at the event cuz we all know that the fun stuff starts after dark twisted twisted twisted

Oh yeah!! Fields of Gold last June! And entire weekend - didn't sleep at ALL! But it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun! xd heart

SCA could also be a gateway drug of sorts! Once you start on SCA - you get many mini-addictions that can be just as strong, that relate back to the SCA eek making it THAT MUCH MORE addicting!! whee

(I'm currently addicted to Archery, chainmail jewwllery and wire-work jewellery ... I JUST CAN'T STOP!! crying ... not that I WANT to, it's too much fun! twisted )  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:30 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
Dema
Random Saxon
Kittywitch
Dema

Oh yeah!! Fields of Gold last June! And entire weekend - didn't sleep at ALL! But it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun! xd heart

SCA could also be a gateway drug of sorts! Once you start on SCA - you get many mini-addictions that can be just as strong, that relate back to the SCA eek making it THAT MUCH MORE addicting!! whee

(I'm currently addicted to Archery, chainmail jewwllery and wire-work jewellery ... I JUST CAN'T STOP!! crying ... not that I WANT to, it's too much fun! twisted )

hehehe ^_^ totaly, the SCA is what got me even more interested in japanese culture. In fact we killed my old persona so I could be Japanese lol but I have no garb to go with my new persona yet so that kind of worries me but I do have 5 months to get something thrown together hehe

Oh btw I'm jealous of your av, I wanted to donate this month but I wasn't able to so now I'm stuck with only one fire wing and no cool hair, plus I wanted to get two swords for Chibbi_Satan's viking av that he's questing for v_v  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:40 pm
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai
Dema
Random Saxon
Kittywitch
Dema

hehehe ^_^ totaly, the SCA is what got me even more interested in japanese culture. In fact we killed my old persona so I could be Japanese lol but I have no garb to go with my new persona yet so that kind of worries me but I do have 5 months to get something thrown together hehe

Oh btw I'm jealous of your av, I wanted to donate this month but I wasn't able to so now I'm stuck with only one fire wing and no cool hair, plus I wanted to get two swords for Chibbi_Satan's viking av that he's questing for v_v

Aww thanks ... I actually couldn't afford it either! rofl one letter was a christmas gift from my friend, and the others sweatdrop well ... lets not go into how much money I owe a certain family member! rofl They know they'll get it back though! rofl heart heart

And when you get your persona all together and clothed - take a picture for me!! biggrin I love japanese culture! although that addiction came about through anime sweatdrop Heh .. heh ... anyways... stare  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:05 pm
Naito_Mitsukai

Aww thanks ... I actually couldn't afford it either! rofl one letter was a christmas gift from my friend, and the others sweatdrop well ... lets not go into how much money I owe a certain family member! rofl They know they'll get it back though! rofl heart heart

And when you get your persona all together and clothed - take a picture for me!! biggrin I love japanese culture! although that addiction came about through anime sweatdrop Heh .. heh ... anyways... stare

Hehe, mine started with anime, I'm such an Otaku ^_^ but I love that I can bring that over to the SCA...well not the anime thing so much but the Japanese culture stuff LOL rofl sweatdrop

And I totaly will, mines not going to be kimonos so much as priestessy type outfits(like kikyou's from inuyasha except different colors) but I will probably have one kimono for awards ceremonies where theres pointies present ^_^  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:43 pm
I can't remember if this ones been said but..
You might be in the SCA if you see a 10 year old making a fire with a flint and tinder when full grown mundanes say they can only do it in the movies.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:43 pm
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai

Hehe, mine started with anime, I'm such an Otaku ^_^ but I love that I can bring that over to the SCA...well not the anime thing so much but the Japanese culture stuff LOL rofl sweatdrop

And I totaly will, mines not going to be kimonos so much as priestessy type outfits(like kikyou's from inuyasha except different colors) but I will probably have one kimono for awards ceremonies where theres pointies present ^_^

You do realize that Inuyasha is set during the Kamakura period and the only colors allowed for such an outfit was the red hakama with white kosode correct?  

Snaebjorn

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:20 pm
Snaebjorn
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai

You do realize that Inuyasha is set during the Kamakura period and the only colors allowed for such an outfit was the red hakama with white kosode correct?

no I didn't know that but I have other SCAdian friends who are samurai that wear dark blue hakama and one of them wears a green leafishy print kosode. But whatev, all I really know about my persona right now is her name I don't know what time period I'm going to be from or anything really lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:06 am
Dema
Snaebjorn
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai

no I didn't know that but I have other SCAdian friends who are samurai that wear dark blue hakama and one of them wears a green leafishy print kosode. But whatev, all I really know about my persona right now is her name I don't know what time period I'm going to be from or anything really lol.

lol sounds a lot like me!! xd

'name?'
'Medb biggrin '
'... Medb ....? stare Medb what?'
'erm ... Medb ...of Cae Mor? sweatdrop '
' rolleyes *sigh*...Time period?'
'somewhere between the 7th and 16th century biggrin '
'..... stare ......'
'heh ... heh .... sweatdrop '  

Naito_Mitsukai

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:37 am
Naito_Mitsukai
Dema
Snaebjorn
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai

lol sounds a lot like me!! xd

'name?'
'Medb biggrin '
'... Medb ....? stare Medb what?'
'erm ... Medb ...of Cae Mor? sweatdrop '
' rolleyes *sigh*...Time period?'
'somewhere between the 7th and 16th century biggrin '
'..... stare ......'
'heh ... heh .... sweatdrop '

LOL yeah, Elexi says perhaps we killed Nadia permaturely but meh it's not like I went to anymore events last season after I became Nami-gin sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:28 pm
lol it's all good! heart remember - I want pictures when you're finished getting/making garb for your new persona!! biggrin heart  

Naito_Mitsukai

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:18 pm
Random Saxon
Kittywitch
Dema
Ren Faire, like other heavy drinking, is something you can do once or twice a year and not really think about again until That Time. Whereas SCA is having a wholesale membership at the liquor store. You may be drinking the harder stuff--or maybe not (it depends on the faire--you may even be switching to lite)--but you're getting a lot more of it.
Edit: and with the SCA, the hangovers last for ******** WEEKS  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:32 pm
HEY! Snaebjorn! Were you at Frost Dragon this year????????  

BladeDeSoul

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:31 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
lol it's all good! heart remember - I want pictures when you're finished getting/making garb for your new persona!! biggrin heart

ok ^_^ I will deffinetly have some of Elexi and I together this next season.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff